• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Years
Reading up, if there were to be a pokemon based on hydrothermal vents, it'd be cool if it was based on the vent AND one of those worm things that crowd around them. Or if there was another pokemon based on the worms and in their pokedex entries it said they were related (like mantine and remoraid)

As for type combos ghost/steel would rock, possessed suit of armor comes to mind. And fire/electric as in nuclear radiation or energy or something would be cool too. Like a plasma mon? Also, grass/electric based on solarpanels would be fun! To be honest it'd be fun if there were more normal/ type combos, as normal is a fun type to use. I'd love to see normal/ghost (only weak to dark, right?) It could be like a pokemon based on reflections or shadows. Normal/fighting could be interesting too!

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Has anyone heard about the new leaked pokemon? It has the look of Mewtwo and it is legit. The name and its type is not released yet.

newmewtwo_610.jpg

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Has anyone heard about the new leaked pokemon? It has the look of Mewtwo and it is legit. The name and its type is not released yet.

newmewtwo_610.jpg

Is this another April Fools thing? Because I do not believe you in the slightest as there have been a lot of these fake Pokemon on April fools. Cool Pokemon though!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is this another April Fools thing? Because I do not believe you in the slightest as there have been a lot of these fake Pokemon on April fools. Cool Pokemon though!

It's real. :) Check the Pokemon Smash thread - it was revealed on the show!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Just a friendly reminder, but to avoid topic overlap you can all discuss the "new" Mewtwo over in the Smash 4/7/2013 Live Feed thread. This thread here is for discussion of new Pokémon ideas and new type combinations you all have or would like to see in X/Y.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yo guys how about a super fast bug. I mean, Swellow-like stats, and something like Guts or Toxic Boost as an ability. Do you think that'd be too strong/too awesome?? Since with U-turn it'd be amazing!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I'm liking the suggestions people have made, some really good thought gone into it. I'm just hoping we get a couple of type combinations we've never had instead of the general run around.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Yo guys how about a super fast bug. I mean, Swellow-like stats, and something like Guts or Toxic Boost as an ability. Do you think that'd be too strong/too awesome?? Since with U-turn it'd be amazing!
A fly or mosquito-type Pokémon with high Attack and Speed stats would be cool. Surprised we haven't had either of those done yet. A Mosquito, as much as a I hate those things, would probably make a pretty cool Pokémon.

Whats that photo of?! Looks like a cool pokemon game if its real!
If you're referring to the new Pokémon that was released, we don't know much other than it shares a connection with Mewtwo. You can talk about it over here in the Smash 4/7/2013 Live Feed...Mewthree!? thread.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013

Too awesome, definitely!
Maybe it could be Normal/Bug, because with guts activated (due to poison or burn) and STAB, then Facade will be boosted to base 236 power!!!!!!!!!!

So ya, all in favour!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
DIE Twilight Sky

I don't really use bugs or dragons but anything that is part water or part psychic I'm all for. Psychic/Electric perhaps? I don't know what that would even be design-wise!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It could also have Nasty Plot and be really fast like Froslass!

Years
Forever, you sure wants it to have Spikes and Toxic Spikes... :D
Ghost/Grass can be some particularly cool Pokémon, but then Ghost Pokémon are always cool. :p We need also a Ghost/Electric to complete the elemental Ghost (for now, we have Fire -Chandelure- and Water -Jellicent-).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Forever, you sure wants it to have Spikes and Toxic Spikes... :D
Ghost/Grass can be some particularly cool Pokémon, but then Ghost Pokémon are always cool. :p We need also a Ghost/Electric to complete the elemental Ghost (for now, we have Fire -Chandelure- and Water -Jellicent-).

Rotom is Ghost/Electric XD

As for Toxic Spikes and Spikes, that's not that bad of a thing to have on two Pokemon. They both can't hit flying or Levitate Pokemon and Toxic is broken when Steel or Poison types enter. They aren't used as much as Stealth Rock.

Like 8 Pokemon can learn both. Cloyster, Forretress, Omanyte, Pineco, Qwillfish, Roselia, Trubbish, and Venepede.

Only three of those can learn all three Entry Hazards. Foretress, Omanyte, and Pineco.

A new pokemon specifically for Entry Hazards would be nice.

Years
Hehe, I keep forgetting about rotom and its forms. >.<' Well, a genuine Grass/Ghost will complete the set of genuine elemental Ghost then, I suppose. :3
As of entry hazards, I personally don't wish to see more of it ._. Stealth Rock is too commonly used. I personally want to see more variation of Rapid Spin, and, why not make Rapid Spin be a little more appealing to use? Like giving it a priority of 1 or 2? Ya know: "Rapid". :D
Also, I wish to see more Pokémon with Mold Breaker. ^^

Years
i don't what about you but really want to see a norml/ghost typing, i think that pokemon with such a type combunation gonna be a zombie or mummy pokemon(or anything else that is half alive half dead).
i think it would be a nice change and the combination nice because its only weakness is dark

Back