Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

Draconius GO

Old November 6th, 2016 (2:04 PM).
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Nature: Adamant
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
    wait a minute did I miss something? I encountered Lance for the first time, and Silver acts like they had already met in the game in spite of the amnesia he's dealing with. For context I just got out of the desert after getting the first badge. If this is intentional, might I change up the dialogue some? Because they act like they've met already somewhere.
    I had to double check the dialogue when you said that, but from what it says, "You look familiar, who are you?" doesn't necessarily mean that he remembers him. He's already been dealing with amnesia at that point, so he's not sure what to believe. Lance tells him that he used to fight with him against the Mask of Ice, however, Silver doesn't believe him at first.

Also, for those that see this, I'm continuing Part 3 of the Livestream run at about 2:15pm today. Hope to see you there. Once the run is done, an updated version of this game will be released.

Pokemon Pyrite is now complete, check out the trailer/download link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6g5pXPXyV4

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 6th, 2016 (6:12 PM).
    The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
      odd when I played I read an entirely different sentence. Still, I would have expected a much more severe reaction from Lance I think. But thats just my opinion.
      Old November 6th, 2016 (8:00 PM).

It's possible you got my first version, but it's been changed since then. I remember fixing it a while ago, but I could have sworn it was long before I released this game... Either way, it makes sense in the most recent version.

Pokemon Pyrite is now complete, check out the trailer/download link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6g5pXPXyV4
        Old November 8th, 2016 (9:57 AM).

great hack , loved every minute of it, the boss battles seemed important and the fakemon were nice on the eyes :). I have a couple of questions and a feed back
          q1 spoiler....if I beat arcures...is that end of the game....no way to see blane or lt surge?
          q2 could you add difficulty to the tirade card shop, I really enjoy that mini game and love to see some kind of mini contest with that.
          and a suggestion , another spoiler so don't read if you don't want a spoiler I think with pyerce mask of ice.... I think the laprases should of risked there lives for saving his life somehow...some kind of attack or natural disaster....and he swears he will bring back the lapras who saved his life. I think he just lost them somehow...I think it bring more meaning to the end. anyways thanks for memories man, your perspective of a pokemon game was a true joy . thanks
          Old November 8th, 2016 (1:36 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by supereffective View Post
            great hack , loved every minute of it, the boss battles seemed important and the fakemon were nice on the eyes . I have a couple of questions and a feed back
            q1 spoiler....if I beat arcures...is that end of the game....no way to see blane or lt surge?
            q2 could you add difficulty to the tirade card shop, I really enjoy that mini game and love to see some kind of mini contest with that.
            and a suggestion , another spoiler so don't read if you don't want a spoiler I think with pyerce mask of ice.... I think the laprases should of risked there lives for saving his life somehow...some kind of attack or natural disaster....and he swears he will bring back the lapras who saved his life. I think he just lost them somehow...I think it bring more meaning to the end. anyways thanks for memories man, your perspective of a pokemon game was a true joy . thanks
            I'm really glad you liked it.
            Spoiler:
            Yes, after Arceus, that's the true ending.

This version of Pokemon Essentials is so old, that I couldn't add difficulty levels to the Triad game. I wanted the script that let expanded on this game, but it wasn't compatible, and I couldn't figure out how to make it compatible...

Also, with the Mask of Ice thing, I wanted it to be a shock. I wanted it to just happen, I didn't want to romanticize how they died. If it was a sudden shock, it would have made more sense how it broke the Mask of Ice emotionally. I hope that makes sense.

Old November 10th, 2016 (3:48 PM).

The "Definitive" edition of Pokemon Pyrite is now available. This fixes all the bugs that I found while playing during the livestream and bugs found by fans of the game. I also fix some of the movesets that I found to be inconsistent. I hope you enjoy it.

MEGA link: https://mega.nz/#!R5QG3ALA!7YcMT19JQ_iGvjjva9AGnQJ9joxB19POkxZRD4_3CKU

Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3ph9NfQOQ9raXZJTk9CRmhCdWM

As always, you can use the same save file, just drag and drop it the old game folder (game.rxdata) into this one.

Old February 1st, 2017 (11:04 PM).

I want help!!! I can't save the game and the game don't have music. Could sameone helps me???
                Old February 9th, 2017 (11:53 PM).

I just found an error message

I just found out that giovanni is my father and your character is teleported back in time where it is all black and white and when you enter the house of the old man that in the original games shows you how to catch a pokemon, after you talk to him and tell him that you will deliver a letter to someone in Pewter City an error message pops up and when you close said error message the game screen also closes

Script "Interpreter' line 274: RuntimeError occurred.
                  Script error within event 1, map 167 (Viridian City):
                  Exeption: NameError
                  Message: (eval):1:in 'pbExecuteScript'The item 'JOESMAIL' is not vaild.
                  Please add the item
                  to the PBS/item.txt file. See the note of more information.
                  ***Full script:
                  $PokemonBag.pbStoreItem(::PBItems::JOESMAIL)
                  Interpreter:239:in 'pbExecuteScript'
                  Interpreter:785:in 'eval'
                  Interpreter:239:in 'pbExecuteScript'
                  Interpreter:785:in 'command_111'
                  Interpreter:318:in 'execute_command'
                  Interpreter:191:in 'update'
                  Interpreter:104:in 'loop'
                  Interpreter:196:in 'update'
                  Scene_Map:96:in 'update'
                  Scene_Map:94:in 'loop'
                  Old February 11th, 2017 (6:48 AM).

Why is the screen resolution option so weird? The screen doesn't get any bigger it just adds borders. Just want the actual screen of the game to be bigger lol. Is there a possible fix to this or will this muk be small as hell forever?
                    Old February 28th, 2017 (3:55 PM).

Nature: Quiet
                      Downloaded this the other day and I'm loving it~ The spritework for the fakemons is fantastic compared to what I've seen in some other fangames, and so far it's pretty darn good in terms of gameplay.
                      I've seen a few mis-spelled words, and the opposing pokemon in a fight slides onto the screen weirdly slowly, but other than that it's pretty good~!

I am a bit confused why the game told me I had a finished file before I'd even started playing, but I'm guessing that's something on your end with the file in the links rather than me, since I've never played this before. Unless the game plugged a save file from a different folder, but I don't think that's possible...

Either way, great game, dude~
                      Old February 28th, 2017 (6:02 PM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by shinymissingno View Post
                        Downloaded this the other day and I'm loving it~ The spritework for the fakemons is fantastic compared to what I've seen in some other fangames, and so far it's pretty darn good in terms of gameplay.
                        I've seen a few mis-spelled words, and the opposing pokemon in a fight slides onto the screen weirdly slowly, but other than that it's pretty good~!

I am a bit confused why the game told me I had a finished file before I'd even started playing, but I'm guessing that's something on your end with the file in the links rather than me, since I've never played this before. Unless the game plugged a save file from a different folder, but I don't think that's possible...

Either way, great game, dude~
                        That save file was from when I livestreamed my game. I never bothered to remove it. Most of the mispellings are due to the scale of the game and the fact that I worked on it all myself. The only "team" I had were a couple friends that helped with some script fixes, and my sprite artist who wanted his fakemon in my game.

I'm glad you like the game. If you're curious about what Pokemon appear in each route, be sure to check the encounters.txt file in the PBS folder in the root of the game folder. Same with pokemon.txt if you're curious what Pokemon learns what, when they evolve, etc.

Old March 19th, 2017 (9:15 AM).

Not sure if this has been brought up before or if I'm the only one having this problem, but when I'm in the bag looking at items, I can't scroll down past the first few items. This is especially problematic for TMs/HMs since I can't scroll down to the ones I need if I need to teach an HM move. Has anyone else had this problem or is there a fix / something I'm doing wrong?
                          Old April 11th, 2017 (1:05 PM).

So, I've banged my head against the wall a few times over the last couple weeks, because I'm was trying to migrate Pokemon Pyrite to a newer version of Pokemon Essentials. Preferably, the BW mod for 16.2. The reason is because I like how the battles look. The overworld wouldn't change in appearance.

However, due to the archaic version of Pokemon Essentials used in Pokemon Pyrite, I can't get it working without errors out the wazoo. The syntax for everything changed so much overtime, it feels impossible for me to port.

The pokemon.txt syntax is changed, all the base trainers have changed, and all I get are syntax errors, no matter how hard I try. If anyone good at Pokemon Essentials wants to give this a go, let me know. I'd like to get this to work with the most recent version of Pokemon Essentials at the very least. The download for this game includes the project file, so getting the code for it wouldn't be hard.

Hopefully someone finds this game interesting enough to want help with this.

Old April 25th, 2017 (10:52 AM).

Why does the audio.dll trigger my anti-virus and gets removed??
                              Anyone has a problem with it aswell, or is it just my anti-virus??
                              Old April 25th, 2017 (7:09 PM).

I would whitelist that file in your anti-virus. It's required for the music to play, as far as I'm aware, and you're the first I know of that's had an anti-virus get triggered by that file.

Old April 29th, 2017 (3:10 AM).
                                Ice Cream Sand Witch Ice Cream Sand Witch is offline

Yesterday I downloaded this game and played it from start to finish (minus some postgame things like legendaries) from around 6:30 AM to 1:30 PM.

I don't usually like games where you play as a villain, because even in games I don't want to be the bad guy. I tried a Team Rocket hack once and had to quit because of how bad I felt after a mission where I stole a trainer's Pokemon. (I skimmed through this thread a few weeks ago and remembered a few details like Silver and Team Rocket)

But I really liked this game. There was development for Silver, and the worst thing he did was pretend to be a new trainer to get a Pokemon. Not even outright stealing. He was actually pretty nice about it. So being bad didn't discourage me from playing here.

The game felt like an actual adventure to me. It was a combo of Silver's interactions with other characters, the music, and the detailed battle backgrounds.

I didn't run into any major bugs, although at some points the burning/fire sound effect stayed after certain events. For example when the Mask of Ice grunts burn down the forest, the fire sound effect stays even after you leave the forest, and continues until you close and re-open the game. This also happens after battling Jade and after the third battle with Red, even though nothing is set on fire in those story events. Considering this thread has almost 400 replies it's probably been mentioned before, but I thought I'd mention just in case it hasn't been.
                                  Old April 29th, 2017 (4:11 AM).

I'm really glad you liked it. I like to make games for fun, so when people have fun playing them, that makes it all the better.

Minor bugs like this tend to get caught in the cracks, as the only "beta testing" I had were people playing the game. Sadly, a lot of bugs that people found, I wasn't able to replicate on my end, and didn't happen to everyone. One person that was playing this on Youtube had a crash on the Yellow fight, but I could never replicate it, and I felt bad about that.

Old May 11th, 2017 (1:05 AM).

Hi! I started playing this game today and caught a Cubone. Does Marowak evolve by level up or is there a special way to evolve it?
                                      Old May 11th, 2017 (9:17 PM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Aurorial View Post
                                        Hi! I started playing this game today and caught a Cubone. Does Marowak evolve by level up or is there a special way to evolve it?
                                        Heya, hope you like the game! Marowak evolves into Skeletank at level 36. Also, if you are curious which other of the new Pokemon evolve, you should be able to open up pokemon.txt in the /PBS/ folder inside the Pokemon Pyrite folder, and all the information is available.

I hope you like the game.

Old May 21st, 2017 (12:28 AM).

Hi thepsynergist!
                                          first let me say thank you for making this awesome game, I've been playing it a ton over the past couple days. I want you to know I have absolutely loved every bit of it so far, I hope others are enjoying it as much as I am.

I'm posting because I seem to have put myself in a position where I can't progress, and I'm really hoping you can help me out.
                                          So right now I'm stuck at Mt. Hajime. I made my way up to a point where there is water, but I don't have a pokemon that can learn surf with me, and I don't seem to be able to go back to retrieve one(ladder I took from the 8th gym doesn't work, not sure if this is intentional or not). I realize it was dumb of me to go on without a surf pokemon, but I didn't think of it at the time. In any case, that's the situation I'm in at the moment, just hoping there's a way to fix this since I'd really like to finish the game.

Also, I'm pretty sure I recognized some music from the colosseum/XD games, which were my favorite pokemon games period. So thanks for the nostalgia.
                                          Old June 16th, 2017 (1:58 PM).
                                          thepsynergist thepsynergist is offline

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by another road View Post
                                            Hi thepsynergist!
                                            first let me say thank you for making this awesome game, I've been playing it a ton over the past couple days. I want you to know I have absolutely loved every bit of it so far, I hope others are enjoying it as much as I am.

I'm posting because I seem to have put myself in a position where I can't progress, and I'm really hoping you can help me out.
                                            So right now I'm stuck at Mt. Hajime. I made my way up to a point where there is water, but I don't have a pokemon that can learn surf with me, and I don't seem to be able to go back to retrieve one(ladder I took from the 8th gym doesn't work, not sure if this is intentional or not). I realize it was dumb of me to go on without a surf pokemon, but I didn't think of it at the time. In any case, that's the situation I'm in at the moment, just hoping there's a way to fix this since I'd really like to finish the game.

Also, I'm pretty sure I recognized some music from the colosseum/XD games, which were my favorite pokemon games period. So thanks for the nostalgia.
                                            Sorry for not answering this, as I didn't see an email about this post until today.

You should be able to go all the way back to the dojo from Mt. Hajime. All the stairs are supposed to work. If not, give me your save file, and I'll put you back in front of the dojo. Sorry about that.

Old June 21st, 2017 (4:39 PM).
                                            another road another road is offline

Hey, thanks for answering. I'm uploading my save file in a rar since I don't know how else to do it with the rxdata extension. If you could take a look when you get a chance I'd appreciate it. I backtracked and tried the ladder but it doesn't seem to work for me.pokemonpyritesave.rar
                                              Old June 21st, 2017 (5:32 PM).
                                              thepsynergist thepsynergist is offline

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by another road View Post
                                                Hey, thanks for answering. I'm uploading my save file in a rar since I don't know how else to do it with the rxdata extension. If you could take a look when you get a chance I'd appreciate it. I backtracked and tried the ladder but it doesn't seem to work for me.Attachment 82241
                                                Good news is that the ladder does work, but I forgot to make that event a "player touch" event, so to use it, you have to press the "a" button ("C" key on the keyboard) while standing on the ladder. Oops. ;

Old June 21st, 2017 (6:47 PM).
                                                another road another road is offline

Oh I didn't even think of trying that! thank you very much
                                                  Old July 31st, 2017 (5:23 PM).

lookin good~

Quick Reply