• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Kishu Inu

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Hey guys! ^_^

Nothing new. I need to keep on training Kagayaku, my shiny Nidorino. As for Ana, my shiny butterfree she's all trained. She's going to be an in-game sweeper, because of her sucky nature.
I'm ready to start Shiny Hunting again. I still need to search for something new. Probably I'll go looking for shiny shinx, because that's my favourite pokemon.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
What does getting "Rick Roll'd" mean, and why is it bad? And yeah, I did get tricked, but now that I look back on it, DDD has never posted like that when he got a new shiny, so I don't know why I was so easily fooled...

Haven't been shiny hunting at all lately. Super Smash Bros. Brawl has taken over my life.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
What does getting "Rick Roll'd" mean, and why is it bad? And yeah, I did get tricked, but now that I look back on it, DDD has never posted like that when he got a new shiny, so I don't know why I was so easily fooled...

Haven't been shiny hunting at all lately. Super Smash Bros. Brawl has taken over my life.

Exactly. :D
I think I've fooled everyone I've tried that on so far.
There's nothing really bad about it, except the humiliation that you just got tricked by what is becoming one of the oldest (and by golly most effective) tricks in the book. Some people absolutely hate that song cuz it's cheesy as all getout.

As for Brawl, I feel your "pain". =) Been there, but since my internetz can't handle it, it's sorta lost it's purpose.

As for me, I have 11 shiny Sneasel now. Lemme try and get all this in a row:
2 in the box that were previously caught
2 with me, that were on 37th and 39th-40th.
And then 7 more that I've caught so far, some very risky places to say the least (edges).

Only 13 more to go lol.

They're tearing my Breloom apart. I False Swipe first now to save Spore PP (I'm going to eventually run out of course), and they attack back. After so many, it gets rough. I've had to use about 3 Super Repels. I guess that's what I get for using the Gyarados to train it with. =P
Man I hope one of them is Jolly/31, and if not, one of the upcoming ones has it. I have a lot of luck with Speed 31 IVs... So maybe I'll be able to pull it off.

Kishu Inu

Pokemon Breeder
Years
As for me, I have 11 shiny Sneasel now. Lemme try and get all this in a row:
2 in the box that were previously caught
2 with me, that were on 37th and 39th-40th.
And then 7 more that I've caught so far, some very risky places to say the least (edges).

Only 13 more to go lol.

They're tearing my Breloom apart. I False Swipe first now to save Spore PP (I'm going to eventually run out of course), and they attack back. After so many, it gets rough. I've had to use about 3 Super Repels. I guess that's what I get for using the Gyarados to train it with. =P
Man I hope one of them is Jolly/31, and if not, one of the upcoming ones has it. I have a lot of luck with Speed 31 IVs... So maybe I'll be able to pull it off.

11 shiny Sneasel? Wow. I'm horrible at chaining, so I don't have one chained shiny. Though I'm working on Shinx, I need to get enough money for a bunch of Max Repels.

Bleh. So fighting those old people near... I think Veilstone? Gets me 7k each time I beat their chatot and something else. I have 50k so far, I want at least 600 Super Repels, just in case.
And a lot of ultra balls, so this could take awhile. I think it might be a better idea to get a sleeping/false swiping Pokemon trained first. I'll look into that. |D

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
DDD, great job on getting 13 S. Sneasel! I'd laugh pretty hard if more than one of the Sneasel you caught have Jolly/31 :D

As for me, haven't had much time lately for SRing and it's getting quite repetitive. For some reason, I'm craving a Shiny Ponyta/Rapidash and Sandslash. I'll probably go do some ol' fashioned hunting on Fire Red.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
Holy cow... I went chaining for Abras so i can get a Kadabra to put in my Ranch. So at chain 9, I see a shiny patch. Great! Lucky me! An early shiny. At chain 11, another shiny patch. Now i'm really excited. Then at chain 14 another one! I couldn't beleive it. 3 shiny's under 15 in about 5-8 minutes.

I think Lady Luck has a crush on me... lol

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Holy cow... I went chaining for Abras so i can get a Kadabra to put in my Ranch. So at chain 9, I see a shiny patch. Great! Lucky me! An early shiny. At chain 11, another shiny patch. Now i'm really excited. Then at chain 14 another one! I couldn't beleive it. 3 shiny's under 15 in about 5-8 minutes.

I think Lady Luck has a crush on me... lol

One right after another, huh? That's the way I like'm!

It just happened to me. I got the 18th/19th shiny Sneasel (I lost count. >_>' ), and then right after the battle there was another shiny patch, so I got 19th/20th.
It hasn't happened since Bronzor did it way back when.

Regardless I have it calculated that once my chain is at 60 I'll have 24....

.... but who says I have to stop? I may just go. Go, go, go.

The chain bumped out Buneary on the Radar App and has taken over Bronzor in the 2nd spot. But... I doubt it'll take over Nincada's 82 chain reign.

Lol, good luck everyone!! Woo hoo!

P.S. the old couple is south of Hearthome City. I get them confused too. The guy has a Chatot, the woman has a Roselia. I know because I have to do it a a lot because like right now I've used almost 400 Max Repels again. No problem though!!

edit:
Chain ends prematurely at 21. Why? My eyes fooled me. Not because of a shiny patch. It was because I thought I saw 4 patches moving, then made the noob mistake of moving up.

Then I thought I had a Jolly/31 Sneasel, but I do not.

I may still have one, I haven't taken them online, but things are looking like the impossible.

Why the freak are all of them "Capable of taking hits" anyway??! It's always got "great HP" things.

Oh well................................

At least I have 21 anyway. Good selection.

Just wish one was "Alert to sounds" though............

edit:
I'm pretty sure my best one.... is a girl... Jolly.... with this IV spread:

22/24/30/20/21/27
Speed last.

I don't have any 31s in Speed, and she's not the one with the strongest attack (one beats her I think), but that's ok.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah... get a friend online and do a Lv. 100 All battle with them with your Weedle. Write it's stats down... then enter them into this calculator...

I do it by myself because I have two DSes and both Diamond and Pearl.

Congrats, btw..
So do I, but I do IV battles with others anyway just to show off my shinies! :D

Simple: they were hacked.

And what would make you think shininess is indepent of natures but not IVs? The PV determines shininess, as well as everything else about a Pokemon.
It's an honest and easy mistake. Shininess was taken from the IVs in the 2nd-gen. (and IVs are separate from the PV, BTW)

May I join the Shiny Hunters club? Looks fun! I <33333 Chaining for Shinies. I am actually quite addicted to it...=P Caught me 4 Shiny Nosepasses yesterday night before bed. My next swarm is Doduo but it's hard to get it to 40 since Route 201's patch of grass is soooo small...-.-
Yes, of course! Lovin' the avatar! Yeah, they're not the actual textures, but it's still pretty neat. Maybe some time or another, I'll see if I can extract the actual textures and animation for you. Just remember to keep some variety in your collection and get the occasional soft reset shiny. ;)

I've been resetting Rotom a bit more lately. I'm still only at a pathetic 53 SRs. Maybe I'll go train some of my new shinies. I've got like a whole box of radar shinies I haven't even looked at yet! :O

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
are you still looking for members? I have quite a few shinies =D Iunno if ya wanna know them but here: shiny ho-oh and lugia, sharpedo evolved from shiny carvanher, zubat and gyrados.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
Thanks MetalMario! I couldn't find the actual animation anywhere so I decided to make it myself. I think it looks better then the original...lol

I am planning on soft reseting for a shiny Drifloon or a cool Pokemon I get in my Honey Trees. I am going camping this weekend so during the car ride and before bed and in the morning i'll just SR. I hope I get one <33

Years
are you still looking for members? I have quite a few shinies =D Iunno if ya wanna know them but here: shiny ho-oh and lugia, sharpedo evolved from shiny carvanher, zubat and gyrados.
Shiny Ho-oh and Lugia are among the most difficult shinies to capture legitimately, right in the same league with the runners. (For Lugia, you must save before facing Lugia, capture, then purify it, then SR if not shiny. For Ho-oh, you must play through the ENTIRE Colosseum and Mt. Battle to conduct one 'soft reset'. Definitely the hardest.) Therefore, I would like an explanation for these two and preferably pictures.

I'm trying to sort through my box of radar shinies and pick the best ones. I've narrowed my Mareep choices down to these three, all Quiet:

10/28/ 8/13/23/ 9, Base 50 HP:Ice
21/17/28/12/ 0/14, Base 35 HP:Fight
10/25/25/ 5/ 9/17, Base 30 HP:Dragon

I'm thinking the second one. Base-50 HP:Ice isn't much to be desired anyway, and I want to carry Power Gem besides.

I haven't even IV battled with my Sneasels or Delibirds yet. I've got such a backlog of untrained shinies. And I discovered that I botched the EVs on my Seviper. I should just take a break from hunting and train all the guys I've got.

I also now have more than a box worth of radar extras. Time to hit Wi-fi and pawn some of them off, I guess. :classic:

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
MM, I'd say to go with the first Mareep. Whether or not it has a 50HP:Ice or not, it still has generally better stats than the second one. Also, that 0 in special defense isn't going to help Ampharos (should you choose to evolve it). Just my thoughts and 2 cents :D

I've come to a decision...a decision that will make or break me. I am...SRing...for....

PorygonShinySprite.gif

PORYGON!

I'm hoping for a nice IV spread with maxed out Ivs in Special Attack and Attack but I'd be hoping too hard ;)

Back