• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genre

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
What is your favorite genre of book to read and/or write? What is your least favorite? Are there any genres that you just find it impossible to get in to regardless of whether you're the reader or the writer?

Bay

Years
It's kinda funny that I don't read all that much romance, but a lot of my stories have romance as a big focus. Granted, a lot of those are moreso domestic/slice of life, but still haha. I think the thriller/suspense and fantasy are what I've been reading the most.

While I can watch sci-fi shows and movies fine, I seem to can't read or write sci-fi stuff for some reason.

Vragon

I kinda like fantasy, but it honestly depends on the type. I more appeal to a good world mechanics fantasy that have attributes I enjoy.

Another genre I like is more in line with philosophical.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
While I can watch sci-fi shows and movies fine, I seem to can't read or write sci-fi stuff for some reason.

I'm the same way in that regard. For me, I just think it's just that I'm not able to see a picture big enough to make a sci-fi setting make sense and actually be good. And if I can imagine it the way that I should, it just gets too large and out of hand that I don't want to keep up with it anymore.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I adore fantasy as a genre. I do write a good lot of 'space whimsy' though, or weird sci-fi. Fantasy has a lot of appeal to me because of how versatile the genre is and how it can offer a still relevant exploration of character. A lot of fantasy tropes sadly can take away from these elements. Weird Sci-fi is just something I write because I adore a space setting and a more surreal, fairy tail-like approach to narrative

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I really like detective novels, but I know I could never bring myself to write one due to all of the information that goes into making a really good one. I feel that if I tried to write one worth reading, I'd end up completely losing myself in it so that when the conclusion came even I would be surprised because it'd just make no sense whatsoever. Then there's romance, which I just can't bring myself to write in earnest either. I always cut the scenes short or carry them on too long so that I get bored and then tear the scene apart with something dark and/or stupid.

Back