The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Custom Game Development Pokémon Essentials
Your suggestions for Essentials

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old December 26th, 2016 (9:24 PM).
Sprite Inserter

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Yahoo to sonicfan7895 Send a message via Skype™ to sonicfan7895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rot8er_ConeX View Post
That isn't something I think Maruno could fix. That seems more like an RPG Maker thing, not an Essentials thing.
Very true. Apologies.

Currently working on my short story, set in-between the events of Colosseum and XD, Orre's Return! Check out the thread by clicking on the highlighted words!

My favorite video game: Jade Cocoon 2!
Favorite Monster from Jade Cocoon 2: Delapon or Frogess
Favorite Move from Jade Cocoon 2: Dark Impact

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 27th, 2016 (8:36 AM).

A simple addition I think would be insanely helpful is for Essentials to add more information to the trainers.txt file when you generate trainers using trainer events with comments like "Type: CAMPER" so that they're automatically generated.

When starting the game, it'll ask you to define those trainers with the handy GUI and I use it a lot.
A big downside for me however is that battling this same trainer doesn't really feel like battling the same trainer - gender, ability, etc. are still determined by the Pokémon species because this information isn't saved to trainers.txt.

I'd love if it did that.
Especially since the system already checks to see which 4 moves this Pokémon species would have when encountered in the wild at a specific level, it'd be great if it also randomly chose a gender based off the species' gender ratio and nature.
This way automatically generated trainer events don't have a female Pidgey in one fight and a male Pidgey in the other.
Old February 11th, 2017 (7:46 AM).
Bored

Nature: Bashful
Something I'd love to see happen is an easy way to see what all PBEffects are set to mid-battle. There is probably already some kind of way to do this, but I'd love to see it in Essentials itself as a method like "pbPrintEffects", maybe with a parameter for what effect you want to print if you don't want everything to be displayed. This could be in the normal text bar in battle or wherever else.

This would be useful for testing out abilities and moves, since thing tend not to work whenever I create new stuff and I'm then confused as to what exactly is not working and in such a case, a quick overview would be nice. Running this in a script would be fine, but a shortcut in battle && DEBUG would be nice.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links