• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Years
Well, occasionally. Just for the optional stuff. :D Like getting Maxwell (who was rather easy) and fighting Valkyrie. I didn't bother and try and fight Sekundes, lol.

Ah, I see. Because decent walkthroughs should mention how to counter Eternal Finality or Darkness of the Outer Limits. XP Have you visited Nereid's Labyrinth, then?
On another note, I finished Tales of Eternia (again XD) I guess you could say your post kinda motivated me to continue XP I forgot where I last saved, at turns out it was just before fighting Shizel, so I went in and battled her. :D

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Ah, I see. Because decent walkthroughs should mention how to counter Eternal Finality or Darkness of the Outer Limits. XP Have you visited Nereid's Labyrinth, then?
On another note, I finished Tales of Eternia (again XD) I guess you could say your post kinda motivated me to continue XP I forgot where I last saved, at turns out it was just before fighting Shizel, so I went in and battled her. :D

The instructions were there, but I just didn't see them, lol. Second time, I wasn't able to active Reid's ability either; Didn't get it right till the third time. Nah, that's only available after you finish the game, isn't it? I probably wasn't ready for it either. My party's level was around 63.

Do you bother using Chat or Max, btw?

Last edited:
Years
The instructions were there, but I just didn't see them, lol. Second time, I wasn't able to active Reid's ability either; Didn't get it right till the third time. Nah, that's only available after you finish the game, isn't it? I probably wasn't ready for it either. My party's level was around 63.

Do you bother using Chat or Max, btw?

Yeah, actually, you have to have finished the game once, and played again up to the point where you can cross between the two worlds freely (in other words, when you can visit the Orbus Barrier), then only you can access Nereid's Labyrinth. But, if you have saved BEFORE fighting Nereid, and haven't overwritten the *New save file there, there's a glitch you can use to, er, cheat the game into thinking that you've finished a SECOND game up to that point. Ergo, you can load back to the point before you fight Nereid, and go to the Labyrinth. Here, let me just quote: :P

After you've created a NEW save file, it will say something like this: *Inferia
the * means it's a new game (from the start) but now you can understand Melnic
(Meredy's language) right from the start, as well as some other stuff.

When you're taken back to the title screen, choose to load the save file you
just created. As the Intro FMV is playing with Galenos walking in a forest,
press Start. You'll see Reid walk in in-game graphics. Press Start+Select+L+R
all simultaneously (altogether) and you'll be taken back to the Title Screen.
Now choose to load the save file just before the boss (NOT the newly created
one). When it's loaded, choose to save OVER it.. -so just save as if you were
saving after having done a section of the game. Note how your save file now has
a * in front of it as well. That means you've just cheated the game into
thinking you've reached this far in a second playthrough, and you now have
access to an Optional Dungeon: Nereid's Labyrinth and some other stuff too.

Neat, huh? :P And now you can spam Maxwell Extensions too! :D

But yeah, I'd advise to go over L70 (at least) for the Labyrinth. Also, note not to exceed L100, as (the walkthrough said) the bosses there will slaughter you. I don't know the truth value of this, though.

Chat or Max... Well, no. :P Mainly, no. I used Chat once in the Nereid's Labyrinth (in there you can only use one character per floor. There are 6 floors, and you won't be able to use the same character twice, so you'll have to use at least Max or Chat once. There was a boss in there - the Earth Elementler - that I used Chat against. Eternal Hammer kind of killed the Elementler, provided you get to use it first before he casts a spell)

Max, I only used him between times (to test the Canceler item: NEAT. :D) and that one time in Sekundes's battle (that battle was goddamn hard because he doesn't fall down. Elemental Master ROCKS in this battle, then again, provided Max is given enough time to execute it.)

And I kinda love my second playthrough, because this time around I got better stats, with max HP and MP and team near L100. :P I wonder what is the max level, though? Do you know? Seems it's not L100 because Farah is well, already L101. lol.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
So you've done just about everything there is to do? I might try that dungeon eventually, but I think I've played enough of Eternia for now. I've actually had Eternia for about 6 years, but gave up halfway the first time I went through the game. Decided to play it out the blue and finished it in about week. :D While not my favorite Tales game, it definitely deserved more attention.

Years
So you've done just about everything there is to do? I might try that dungeon eventually, but I think I've played enough of Eternia for now. I've actually had Eternia for about 6 years, but gave up halfway the first time I went through the game. Decided to play it out the blue and finished it in about week. :D While not my favorite Tales game, it definitely deserved more attention.

Mhm, it seems so, I think. :P Level grinding, savory grinding, yeah. Haha. Speaking of halfway games, I still have to finish Destiny. It was on PSX though, the old version one, no blast calibur and whatnot so I kinda got demotivated to continue it. Well, actually, more because of the Tower of Druaga. I _want_ to finish it, but felt lazy halfway. XD

I wish I have other Tales games though. I only have Phantasia, Eternia and Destiny. I liked the view of Abyss and Vesperia (especially the Mystic Artes :P)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Mhm, it seems so, I think. :P Level grinding, savory grinding, yeah. Haha. Speaking of halfway games, I still have to finish Destiny. It was on PSX though, the old version one, no blast calibur and whatnot so I kinda got demotivated to continue it. Well, actually, more because of the Tower of Druaga. I _want_ to finish it, but felt lazy halfway. XD

I wish I have other Tales games though. I only have Phantasia, Eternia and Destiny. I liked the view of Abyss and Vesperia (especially the Mystic Artes :P)

So you've only played the first three games in the series? Destiny is the only one of those three that I haven't finished; stopped playing at the last dungeon. :D I have the original PSX version as well. Any reason you haven't played any of the recent Tales games? Even the PS2 and GC ones?

Also, did you understand Eternia's storyline? I was completely lost at the end, lol.

Years
So you've only played the first three games in the series? Destiny is the only one of those three that I haven't finished; stopped playing at the last dungeon. :D I have the original PSX version as well. Any reason you haven't played any of the recent Tales games? Even the PS2 and GC ones?

Also, did you understand Eternia's storyline? I was completely lost at the end, lol.

Yeah, kind of. XD; Well, mainly because I don't have the consoles :x

Yep, I do (or so I think. XD) From what I understand, Shizel was being controlled by Nereid, but it came from her own despise for the Celestians (I think they killed Balir, her husband because of some... betrayal, I forgot.) Aaand finally, even though the team defeated Nereid, it was too late to stop the Grand Fall anymore because the two planets have been pulled past over their critical point or whatever so their gravities are pulling them closer and closer, but Reid fringed his Aurora Arte with Shizel (I think the real Nereid died, or just realized that he/she/it cannot stop the team, whatever) to break the Seyfert Ring and push the two planets away from each other.

XD If that made sense.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Yeah, kind of. XD; Well, mainly because I don't have the consoles :x

Yep, I do (or so I think. XD) From what I understand, Shizel was being controlled by Nereid, but it came from her own despise for the Celestians (I think they killed Balir, her husband because of some... betrayal, I forgot.) Aaand finally, even though the team defeated Nereid, it was too late to stop the Grand Fall anymore because the two planets have been pulled past over their critical point or whatever so their gravities are pulling them closer and closer, but Reid fringed his Aurora Arte with Shizel (I think the real Nereid died, or just realized that he/she/it cannot stop the team, whatever) to break the Seyfert Ring and push the two planets away from each other.

XD If that made sense.

Well, I kinda got that part...lol. It was the whole Vatenkeist thing that got me confused. I hate short endings, btw. Wished they showed a bit more then Reid and Farah heading for Celestia :)

Years
Well, I kinda got that part...lol. It was the whole Vatenkeist thing that got me confused. I hate short endings, btw. Wished they showed a bit more then Reid and Farah heading for Celestia :)

Oh. idk. XD I believe in the beginning there was only Vatenkeist, where no solid matter existed; it was Nereid's world. But then Seyfert came tagging along and created the material world. So Nereid got mad and tried to initiate the Grand Fall. That's the way Tales series usually goes; a plot twist near the end (see how all along they've thought that Seyfert is the god of creation and Nereid is the god of destruction, hahaha) or the big bad is not the real big bad.

And yeah. I think if they showed Meredy and Keele as well it'd be better, with the Shileska group somewhere. Maybe Max was still in his pursuit to conquer the world, lol. I wonder if he met his wife again.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Oh. idk. XD I believe in the beginning there was only Vatenkeist, where no solid matter existed; it was Nereid's world. But then Seyfert came tagging along and created the material world. So Nereid got mad and tried to initiate the Grand Fall. That's the way Tales series usually goes; a plot twist near the end (see how all along they've thought that Seyfert is the god of creation and Nereid is the god of destruction, hahaha) or the big bad is not the real big bad.

And yeah. I think if they showed Meredy and Keele as well it'd be better, with the Shileska group somewhere. Maybe Max was still in his pursuit to conquer the world, lol. I wonder if he met his wife again.

Really? I'm trying to remember if Phantasia and Destiny had a plot twist near the end as well. Either way, I didn't really have a problem with the plot (I enjoyed it despite confusing me at times), it was the setting that felt a bit "plain" to me. I also wish that main cast would have been a bit bigger; Eternia easily has the smallest amount of usable characters with Max and Chat having only a limited amount of moves. I'd probably rank Eternia somewhere in the middle in terms of favorites. For you, having only played 3, I'm guessing this one is at the top?

Also, I wasn't a fan of Farah. :laugh: I would have preferred a Reid/Meredy pairing all the way.

Years
Really? I'm trying to remember if Phantasia and Destiny had a plot twist near the end as well. Either way, I didn't really have a problem with the plot (I enjoyed it despite confusing me at times), it was the setting that felt a bit "plain" to me. I also wish that main cast would have been a bit bigger; Eternia easily has the smallest amount of usable characters with Max and Chat having only a limited amount of moves. I'd probably rank Eternia somewhere in the middle in terms of favorites. For you, having only played 3, I'm guessing this one is at the top?

Also, I wasn't a fan of Farah. :laugh: I would have preferred a Reid/Meredy pairing all the way.

Destiny, maybe a bit minor, IIRC. Something about Berselius controlling... someone. I forgot the storyline already :x

Phantasia, yeah. Didn't they think that Dhaos wants to destroy the world? It turned out that he was fighting those who were sapping Yggdrasil's strength; he was fighting to protect the tree. And his own world, Derris Kharlan.

Aand yeah, Eternia is the top ^-^ Since the new system of leveling up (how it's different from Phantasia and Eternia) with you having to level up the Slash and Thrust as well. And the Mystic Arte 8D Though I have a feeling if I do have the other games, Vesperia or Abyss might come out top, just because I love the Mystic Arte animations in there. XD Especially Indignation. :P

I never cared about pairing XD Though I do love Farah's abilities, how her attacks can link to one another. Especially Flame Dance. Hard to initiate, but really cool if you get to execute it 8D

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Destiny, maybe a bit minor, IIRC. Something about Berselius controlling... someone. I forgot the storyline already :x

Phantasia, yeah. Didn't they think that Dhaos wants to destroy the world? It turned out that he was fighting those who were sapping Yggdrasil's strength; he was fighting to protect the tree. And his own world, Derris Kharlan.

Aand yeah, Eternia is the top ^-^ Since the new system of leveling up (how it's different from Phantasia and Eternia) with you having to level up the Slash and Thrust as well. And the Mystic Arte 8D Though I have a feeling if I do have the other games, Vesperia or Abyss might come out top, just because I love the Mystic Arte animations in there. XD Especially Indignation. :P

I never cared about pairing XD Though I do love Farah's abilities, how her attacks can link to one another. Especially Flame Dance. Hard to initiate, but really cool if you get to execute it 8D

Tales of Symphonia is supposedly a distant prequel to Phantasia. Having played Symphonia first, and then going back and playing Phantasia, terms like Derris Kharlan, half-elfs, Yggdrasil, are all mentioned in ToS. It was pretty cool actually. ;D You should give it a try if you ever have the chance.

Lol, I hated having to spam just Slash or Thrust moves for entire battles just to level it up. Maybe it's just me, but I stick to solely using the main character for the whole game. Just about in every Tales games, I rarely use anyone else. Even the single game where the main character doesn't use swords either.

Years
Tales of Symphonia is supposedly a distant prequel to Phantasia. Having played Symphonia first, and then going back and playing Phantasia, terms like Derris Kharlan, half-elfs, Yggdrasil, are all mentioned in ToS. It was pretty cool actually. ;D You should give it a try if you ever have the chance.

Lol, I hated having to spam just Slash or Thrust moves for entire battles just to level it up. Maybe it's just me, but I stick to solely using the main character for the whole game. Just about in every Tales games, I rarely use anyone else. Even the single game where the main character doesn't use swords either.

Mhm, I kinda wanted to play Symphonia as well. XD
And yep, having to use Thrust for quite some time can be tiring. But I just love that better than learning moves when you level up. :P And Farah, it's not like I used her much anyway, but for times when I have to use her (once in the Nereid's Labyrinth, another when using her 300 times to obtain Deadly Force) I really love her techniques. If I managed to pull of Chi, most likely I'll extend it to Maximum Burst, and sometimes I love linking her Ground-to-Air attack (like Swallow Dance) then Air-to-Ground (like Triple Blossom) and finish it with Chi or Fatal Fury. XD

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Mhm, I kinda wanted to play Symphonia as well. XD
And yep, having to use Thrust for quite some time can be tiring. But I just love that better than learning moves when you level up. :P And Farah, it's not like I used her much anyway, but for times when I have to use her (once in the Nereid's Labyrinth, another when using her 300 times to obtain Deadly Force) I really love her techniques. If I managed to pull of Chi, most likely I'll extend it to Maximum Burst, and sometimes I love linking her Ground-to-Air attack (like Swallow Dance) then Air-to-Ground (like Triple Blossom) and finish it with Chi or Fatal Fury. XD

Well, I'm fine with just having to use whatever skill a certain amount of times before learning a new one, lol. None of the subsequent games ever used the Slash and Thrust system again.

Linking skills? Was the possible with Reid as well? :laugh: I pretty much got by with spamming Omega Demon Chaos.

Years
Well, I'm fine with just having to use whatever skill a certain amount of times before learning a new one, lol. None of the subsequent games ever used the Slash and Thrust system again.

Linking skills? Was the possible with Reid as well? :laugh: I pretty much got by with spamming Omega Demon Chaos.

Ah, so Eternia is the only game that used Slash and Thrust?

Reid, yeah. It mainly goes like this:
Normal string combo > Special Skill > Sacred Skill > Divine Skill (if any)
Like you can go X, Down+X, Down+X, > Spiral Attack > Rising Phoenix > Burning Phoenix. Some Special Skills can't be linked to a Sacred Skills (like Double Spiral Attack) but most can, I think. And the Divine Skills that can be linked are only Burning Phoenix and Dragon Demon Chaos. Omega Seal cannot be linked to any other skills; it can only be executed on its own.

I wish Eternia has more Divine Skills though. (I use the term Extension, btw.) And Dragon Demon Chaos is damn hard to pull off. Anytime I use Omega Demon Chaos, I simply mash the button and see if it can extend. :P The animation is kinda cool.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Ah, so Eternia is the only game that used Slash and Thrust?

Reid, yeah. It mainly goes like this:
Normal string combo > Special Skill > Sacred Skill > Divine Skill (if any)
Like you can go X, Down+X, Down+X, > Spiral Attack > Rising Phoenix > Burning Phoenix. Some Special Skills can't be linked to a Sacred Skills (like Double Spiral Attack) but most can, I think. And the Divine Skills that can be linked are only Burning Phoenix and Dragon Demon Chaos. Omega Seal cannot be linked to any other skills; it can only be executed on its own.

I wish Eternia has more Divine Skills though. (I use the term Extension, btw.) And Dragon Demon Chaos is damn hard to pull off. Anytime I use Omega Demon Chaos, I simply mash the button and see if it can extend. :P The animation is kinda cool.

Seems pretty complicated to perform. :/ I've never been good with all the technical stuff in any of Tales games, lol. Omega Seal is the last move Reid can learn, isn't it? Does it have any use? I remember it just lifting the enemy in the air.

Also, did you ever bother and try finding all the lens? I'm guessing you'd get some pretty sweet rewards for doing so.

Last edited:
Years
Seems pretty complicated to perform. :/ I've never been good with all the technical stuff in any of Tales games, lol. Omega Seal is the last move Reid can learn, isn't it? Does it have any use? I remember it just lifting the enemy in the air.

Also, did you ever bother and try finding all the lens? I'm guessing you'd get some pretty sweet rewards for doing so.

Yeah. XD I rarely try to link them anyway. Mostly I'd just go Rising > Burning Phoenix.

Omega Seal,last move, yes. When both Slahs and Thrust are at L30. On its own, Omega Seal is useless (except perhaps for the stun part. XD). But while the enemy is 'floating' in the air, just before Reid slashes downwards, press the Omega Seal button again. (To avoid missing it, just repeatedly press it, like how you'd try to extend Burning Phoenix XD). It'll extend to Quasi Seal, a one-hit KO move (deals around 20,000 HP) But you have to first satisfy these conditions:

1. Omega Seal has been used at least 50 times.
2. There is only one enemy on the battlefield. (i.e the last enemy)
3. The enemy can be lifted into the air (i.e this technique does not work on heavy/floating enemies)
4. The enemy has less than 20,000 HP.
5. The enemy has a Wind resistance of less than 50% (ergo, could almost never be used on bosses, except Valkyrie.)

Watch this. The third technique used is Omega > Quasi Seal. There used to be one video complete with all skills, summons and Maxwell Extension, but I can't find it now. The one I linked to was okay, but it doesn't have all the summons and team skills extension, and the audio is somewhat... cheesy. :x On the up side, the background music is Garnet Crow's Flying so there's a plus there :P

Lens, yeah. Because I kinda followed the walkthrough step by step. XD Otherwise, it'll be REALLY hard to find those lenses. x.x
The rewards are Combo Command, Inferi Cape, Celesti Cape, Extreme, Krona Symbol and... a title. lol. I always fail to execute commands properly using Combo Command, so I don't really use it that much.

The capes are nice depending on what enemies you're fighting. (E.g Equipping Reid with a Square Shield, a Flare Cape and an Inferi Cape makes him almost invincible to the fire attacks from the tournaments, each dealing like 1HP of damage; can also be used on Meredy in case you want to have Maelstrom on her. But Waterclouds are better anyway.)

Extreme can only be equipped on some characters; what it does is that it raises a tremendous amount for attack (+300) but lowers Defense and Evade (-200 and -20 respectively). I never used it. :P

Krona Symbol protects you from all ailments... which isn't really needed because you can simply used the Panacea Bottles or Support Artes to protect the whole team. (Unless, of course, if you get this thing at the BEGINNING of the game, then it'd help a lot. XD) But it is extremely useful if you want to go level-grinding. Equip the character that you want to level up with Krona Symbol and Demon's Seal. Demon's Seal doubles the experience a character gets, but inflicts status ailments on that character. Since Krona Symbol neutralizes that, you can continue bashing enemies without having to worry about being Poisoned or whatever.

And the title is for... bragging rights. lol. And completion purpose.

From all those 3 extensions, which one you like best? XD
And, have you tried out Maxwell's Extension?

...Wall of text. XD

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Well, all of them looked pretty sweet aside from Eternal Hammer, lol. Max's giant beam cannon was probably my favorite move in the entire video. :) From Reid's move Dragon Demon Chaos easily looked the best. Quasi Seal looks nice too, but the requirements you listed seem a bit much. Nah, I haven't tried the Maxwell Extension; I honestly doubt I'd be able to do it either.

Titles are just for show in Eternia. :/ In some of the other games they raise stats, and affect growth, which is why I didn't bother with them in this game. So, basically nothing good comes from collecting lens, lol? I know I got the Combo Command, but I didn't know what it's purpose was so I never used it.

Years
Well, all of them looked pretty sweet aside from Eternal Hammer, lol. Max's giant beam cannon was probably my favorite move in the entire video. :) From Reid's move Dragon Demon Chaos easily looked the best. Quasi Seal looks nice too, but the requirements you listed seem a bit much. Nah, I haven't tried the Maxwell Extension; I honestly doubt I'd be able to do it either.

Titles are just for show in Eternia. :/ In some of the other games they raise stats, and affect growth, which is why I didn't bother with them in this game. So, basically nothing good comes from collecting lens, lol? I know I got the Combo Command, but I didn't know what it's purpose was so I never used it.

Quasi Seal does require a bit, I admit. But whenever there's one enemy left basically I'd just tap the button repeatedly and see if it would connect.

What I love about Max is that if you control him manually, and equip the Canceler, you can link his skills up to three. The first one would require charging, but the next two will link automatically. Usually the last finishing move would be that Elemental Master.

You should try Maxwell Extension. (If the glitch works, that is.) It isn't really hard either. And plus, if you can finish it till Blue Earth, you'll get an additional 100,000 EXP at the end of the battle. You can easily get all Greater Craymels to L30 by spamming Maxwell. :P

Well, the lenses, at least the Krona Symbol is a _bit_ useful. Combo Command basically lifts the 4-move limit you have. (You know how you can only set 4 skills at one given time.) Combo Command is like commands in a fighting game; pressing the directional button plus a certain button (attack/defend, etc) will execute the move. In other words, you have all the moves at your disposal without having to go to the Skills menu each time you want to change the skill set up.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Quasi Seal does require a bit, I admit. But whenever there's one enemy left basically I'd just tap the button repeatedly and see if it would connect.

What I love about Max is that if you control him manually, and equip the Canceler, you can link his skills up to three. The first one would require charging, but the next two will link automatically. Usually the last finishing move would be that Elemental Master.

You should try Maxwell Extension. (If the glitch works, that is.) It isn't really hard either. And plus, if you can finish it till Blue Earth, you'll get an additional 100,000 EXP at the end of the battle. You can easily get all Greater Craymels to L30 by spamming Maxwell. :P

Well, the lenses, at least the Krona Symbol is a _bit_ useful. Combo Command basically lifts the 4-move limit you have. (You know how you can only set 4 skills at one given time.) Combo Command is like commands in a fighting game; pressing the directional button plus a certain button (attack/defend, etc) will execute the move. In other words, you have all the moves at your disposal without having to go to the Skills menu each time you want to change the skill set up.

Lol, I think we exhausted every avenue of this game. We pretty much have an entire page of just you and I talking about it. Maybe one day they'll decide to make a sequel to Eternia...:laugh: Doubt it though.

Last edited:
Back