• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hellos! :D

zebraskin

Um... I like pizza!
Years
Hi! I'm zebraskin, but you can call me Kate or whatever, I really don't care. Pokemon is one of my favorite things, and so I joined this forum! Yay!

Um... What else... I'm 14 and live in America, Idaho to be exact, and it's really pretty here! I've been here since I was, like, 5, but I only just now began to realize how wonderful this state is! Maybe because we have to run in P.E. every day and I see the mountains... I never really took time to stare at them before.

Haha! Short attention span at its finest! Anyway, I've loved pokemon for forever, and I'm really hyped about all the new games they're coming out with, so I joined that way I could rant to someone else other than my friends which are getting very quickly annoyed by that. LOL, i'm downloading the PMD Infinity Labyrinth demo as I type! So excited to play it! <3

Well, now I'm gonna go browse around some more! I just got here but I already totally love this site. :3 Especially the background choice. There's so many skins I can use! I love it!

And... i'm ranting again.... Um, so I guess I'll see you all around!

Years
Kate's an adorable name and the name of one of my best friends. :3 Welcome to the community! Almost thought your name read "Zebstrika"...

Idaho, hmm? Admittedly I don't see many people from that state so it's pretty great to know you enjoy being there. I'm in New York and personally wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, though I suppose the city's nice to visit for tourists. xD; I think I'd prefer a greener place with mountains, so your description of your home sounds lovely. Either way though, I'd love to see so many places since the world is just so, so fascinating.

Ooh the PMD demo! I was going to download it but forgot and since we have wired internet I won't be able to do it for a while. :( Only time I can is when I'm at college since they have WiFi, but... spring break's here until April 3rd. Be sure to let me know what you think of it, yeah? Heard it had some hilarious scenes! Enjoy browsing PokeCommunity too, we'd love to have you here since you seem like a wonderful person. Means you'd fit in very well with our other amazing members. :D Enjoy your staaaay!

Cid

Years
Kate! Hiya. :) And what do you know! Pokémon is one of my favorite things, too! :D I think you'll see a lot of people who are in the same position here, though. It's not that unique of a thing. Although at least here we don't get judged for liking Nintendo games aimed for a younger audience! Wait a minute, we're still pretty young so what am I talking about? lol

It's great to have a person from Idaho joining our place. I don't know much about America but I can imagine how nice it must be to live there. I love seeing mountains and those kinds of scenery. It's quite calming, and with you having that as a place to live for almost a decade, it certainly deserves the admiration that you've started to have for its beauty.

I think the new PMD game looks really nice and quirky. <3 I used to love that franchise to bits before the WiiWare ones, but I think that this one will have a good amount of story anyway. Some reviews might say that it doesn't live up to the name as well as its predecessors, but I think it's still gonna be a blast to play the demo. Oh and you mentioned something like "all the new games" so I assume you're excited about X and Y, too! If that's true then hop on the hype train with our bustling X and Y section. It's gonna receive your rants without getting annoyed or anything like your friends do, so I think it's the perfect place. ;D PMD, on the other hand, will find a snug place in the Spinoff Games section.

Glad you like this site and our skins! I think it's one of the best perks of being at PC, too, in my opinion. :3 But yes, it was nice meeting you. See you around, Kate! :)

Years
Hello Kate, and welcome to PC!

Pokemon is one of my fave things in the world as well, alongside cute things, satirical comedy and Australian culture. I'm sure you'll see loads of people who may share your interests, or even have something else in common with you. Many people would often criticize the older members here still loving Pokemon, and although I'm 20 I still love Pokemon more than ever.

You're from Idaho? What's it like over there? I've heard about all the cool places America has. And given how long you've lived there you must be really proud of it, just like how I've lived in Sydney for almost all my life. Nice to see you playing the new Mystery Dungeon game, one of the Pokemon you can choose is my fave (Hint: He's blue and carries a scalchop!) but I'm sure you might know by now. And are you looking forward to X and Y? They are gonna be AWESOME!

Nice to see you love the many skins we have at PC, there's one for every type of member. Have fun, enjoy your stay here and I'll be seeing you. If you need anything, feel free to contact me, Cid, Cirno or another moderator and we'd be happy to help you out!

I'm so looking forward to getting to know you, Kate!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

zebraskin

Um... I like pizza!
Years
Spoiler:

Thanks for the welcome, Cirno! :3 Haha, Zebstrika is actually one of my favorite pokemon, but zebraskin is a nickname I got at school from my used-to-be friends.... More like bullies, really, but I warmed up to the nickname. :P

New York sounds fabulous. I've always wanted to visit there, since it's rather quiet in the little town where I live. And though there are plenty of mountains here, I wouldn't really describe it as green... Except in the spring, I think. That's when the grass starts growing again. But as it gets hotter you have to start up your sprinklers so your lawn won't shrivel up and die. We don't get much rain in the lower altitudes; most of the precipitation goes up to the mountains, really. It's been quite a lot greener this year, though, because of the fires we had this past summer and the new growth. It's really beautiful.

And the PMD demo is pretty great! It has about an hour of gameplay and lots of dialogue and the dungeons are much more difficult than before - something I appreciate since I breezed through the other two games. And anyway, it's only two more days until the actual game comes out so you won't have to wait for long!

Thank you! I think I'm pretty wonderful too. /sarcasm
Thanks again for the welcome, Cirno! I feel really... well, welcome here!

Spoiler:

Haha, thanks, Cid! Yeah, this is a Pokemon forum after all, so I guess its not that rare for someone around here to love Pokemon. I seem to have a talent for stating the obvious, or so I'm told. :P

The PMD series is definitely my favorite spinoff series, although I've never played the WiiWare games; in fact, I don't think I've even played on my wii for about three months. -_-' Oops. Oh, well. I'm really hoping the new game has the same emotional power that the past two had.

Oh, man, of course I'm excited for X and Y! I haven't seen too much about them so far, but I'm sooo hyped for those, especially since they'll be released around the same time internationally! the graphics are amazing - a bit blocky, but a big improvement - and... Well, I guess I should continue ranting about that in the X and Y section. :3 I'll head over there soon.

Spoiler:

Thanks for the warm welcome, Hikari! I hope one day I could still be 20 and enjoy Pokemon... Maturity is waaayyy overrated. Not that liking Pokemon means being immature, of course. I just want to be able to get old and still feel that same excitement over a new Pokemon game or something like that. <3

Yeah, Idaho is wonderful! I like that there's not much crime here, and it's really quite rural although there's still plenty of shops around town it's a perfect place to go walking around. There's even a few beautiful campsites less than 20 miles from town! ^-^ It's wonderful. And Australia sounds exciting, too, though I've never been there myself. It may seem weird, but one day I want to travel all around the world just to try new foods. :P I'm a bit food-obsessed. So maybe one day I'll visit!

Oshawott, you mean? :3 He's actually who I chose to play as. he is completely adorable! In the game, his expressions are so cute!! X3

Lol, this is probably making me seem like a spaz or something.... Haha. And X and Y are already on my to-buy list for video games this year. I wouldn't miss out on those for my life!

Yeah, the skins here are amazing! I've seen so many other forums and they're all so... dull. :/ I seem to be changing my skin every hour now!

Thanks again for the welcome! I'll contact any of you if I need help! :) You gaiz make me feel so welcome here! Thanks a bunch! :D

Reactions: Cid

S.

I make the club bounce...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
Welcome to PC, Kate. The community is pretty great here, so I'm sure you'll love it here.

I love Pokemon as well, even though I'm 18 nowadays. I started loving it ever since I saw season 1 episode 1 on TV when I was in primary school. Haven't watch too much of the latest series on at the moment, but I'm sure it's still amazing.

Idaho sounds like a really nice place to live. Unfortunately, I live in Australia, which is a lot uglier and a lot less interesting then any of the states in the US.

zebraskin

Um... I like pizza!
Years
Welcome to PC, Kate. The community is pretty great here, so I'm sure you'll love it here.

I love Pokemon as well, even though I'm 18 nowadays. I started loving it ever since I saw season 1 episode 1 on TV when I was in primary school. Haven't watch too much of the latest series on at the moment, but I'm sure it's still amazing.

Idaho sounds like a really nice place to live. Unfortunately, I live in Australia, which is a lot uglier and a lot less interesting then any of the states in the US.

Thanks for the welcome, S.! I already love it here. <3

Yeah, the cartoon was pretty much how I got into Pokemon too. First it was the anime, then before I knew it I was into the games too! I haven't watched it much lately, either, but like you said I'm sure it can't be too bad.

Idaho is pretty amazing. And you know, I'm sure Australia is too. You probably just don't realize it yet. ;) I think every place has its own pros and cons, and you might be just overlooking your area's. But then again, I wouldn't know; I've never been there, after all. :P

S.

I make the club bounce...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
Thanks for the welcome, S.! I already love it here. <3

Yeah, the cartoon was pretty much how I got into Pokemon too. First it was the anime, then before I knew it I was into the games too! I haven't watched it much lately, either, but like you said I'm sure it can't be too bad.

Idaho is pretty amazing. And you know, I'm sure Australia is too. You probably just don't realize it yet. ;) I think every place has its own pros and cons, and you might be just overlooking your area's. But then again, I wouldn't know; I've never been there, after all. :P

Haha yeah I probably am, but oh well :P I'd just like to visit other places, rather then stuck in one state/country for too long. Looks like some travelling is in order :P

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
Cool, you like pizza too! I like pepperoni. ;)

Anyways, hello Kate!

My name is Student, but you just call me as Student, and welcome to the community!

That's great that you joined here. As a person who likes Pokémon, for sure you'll fit along with the many people around. I can see that you have interacted already with people. Well that's good, and hope to see you jolly all the time, considering your nature is Jolly.

So you're 14 years old too. Same age as well. And you live in Idaho, USA. Never visited it yet, but when you described it, it seems to be a wonderful place to visit someday. I like looking at the mountains. It must feel very calm and relaxing to just sit down and gaze at the mountain scenery. Other than that, I even like hiking up the mountains! :D I live in a country in Asia, but I won't tell it not because I'm afraid or too shy to share, but I'd like you to know yourself. If ever, you could try my location puzzle located in the About Me section of my profile. ;)

Ah, I see that you have tried the PMD: Gates to Infinity demo! (That's the English name for it.) I have one too in my 3DS, and I'm liking it so far; and I'm sure you enjoyed the demo as well. I also chose Oshawott, since he's my favorite Unova starter and he's really cute. I was about to choose Pikachu, for a change, but I made him as my partner instead. It's great that we can transfer the saved data from the demo to the full version so we could continue where we left of.

I'm pretty excited for X & Y as well. What version will you get and what starter will you pick? For me, I'll get Pokémon X since I love the version mascot there: Xerneas. (Blue's also my favorite color, so I pretty much chose X since it had the color blue, and Xerneas is blue. xD) As for starter, I'd be picking Chespin, since he looks cool and very fitting for the journey in the sixth generation.

Nice that you like the forum skins. As you can see, the name of the default skin is "Let's Fly Together". My personal favorite is "Forever Standing" since it shows some of the main characters in PokéSpe/Pokémon Adventures.

Well, if you have any questions, just ask the moderators or any members, and if you want to have a chat, I'm always open. Just VM me on my profile! ;) Hope to see you around!

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Oh my God, Kate is my favorite name <3 And I'm not even joking D:
So is that Kate for Katelyn/Caitlin or just Kate? :3 YES ANYWAYS...

Hiya, welcome to PC!
Pokemon is one of my favorite things. Anyway, I've loved pokemon for forever, and I'm really hyped about all the new games they're coming out with,
You've come to the right place, yes sir ma'am. I'm gonna go ahead and state the obvious, but we're all Pokemon fans here! You'll fit right in and I can guarantee that you'll have a great time!
so I joined that way I could rant to someone else other than my friends which are getting very quickly annoyed by that.
I can relate :/
I'm 14 and live in America, Idaho to be exact
The land of dreams <3 I'm from Texas myself ;p
DON'T GET ME WRONG WE LOVE IDAHO TOO!!1!

As I was saying, I'm sure you'll find it particularly fun to make friends on PC, and I'm sure they'll make it a great experience for you just as you will make it a great experience for everyone else! Have fun and feel free to shoot me a VM/PM whenever you feel like it!
Um, so I guess I'll see you all around!
See ya around~

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2014
Hey, im fairly new here too, only joined last week, its cool, mostly just been lurking the forums a bit though. Welcome none the less. :)

zebraskin

Um... I like pizza!
Years
Spoiler:

Thanks for the welcome, Student! And yeah, Idaho is pretty awesome. I've been some other places, but I've always wanted to come back to here whenever we left. I like hiking a lot, too; in the summer, I usually explore a place close to my house that has a lake and a small forest. It's awesome because I can just walk to it. The only bad thing is the mosquitoes. I'm surprised I didn't get West Nile or something with how many times I got bit by those things last summer.

Ooh, puzzle? I'd like to try that out. I'm normally pretty good at things like that. Has anyone else managed to figure it out yet?

Haha, I actually chose Pikachu as my partner, too! I was actually a bit dismayed, though, that it would automatically transfer our saved data to the actual game; but I got over that by just replaying the demo a bunch of times. XD

It's really hard for me to decide what game I'll get since I really like both of the mascot pokemon. I decided I'll eventually get both, but I'll probably start out with Y.... I can't be sure though because I might change my mind again. As for the starters, Fennekin is really cute but Chespin looks promising too.... Still having trouble deciding which one of those I'll pick. I think I'll wait a bit for some more information before I really decide. :)

I really like the default skin, actually! I just think the Wurmple at the top is really cute. :P Is that weird?

Spoiler:

Thanks for the welcome! LOL, well I'm glad so many people like my name. :3 My full name is Katherine, actually, but some people took to calling my Kathy which I really hated so I started going by Kate.

Yep, I already love this place!~ I think I'll be frequenting here a lot now. It really gives me something to do other than reading.

Haha, I have a few distant relatives that live in Texas. It seems nice there! I could never live there, though; I've heard it's pretty humid, and I hate humidity.

I've already made a bunch of friends, so, yeah! Thanks a lot, Pedro! ^_^

Hey, im fairly new here too, only joined last week, its cool, mostly just been lurking the forums a bit though. Welcome none the less. :)

Hi, and thanks for the welcome Cartoon Loon! ^-^ That's a neat username. It's nice to meet another newbie! I'll see you around, I guess!

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Hello! Welcome to PC I hope you have a good time! Bout time I had Welcomed someone I feel so good after doing this

CallMeProf_J

Self-Proclaimed Pokemon Prof.
Years
Hello there Kate ! Nice to have you join the community :) You can call me by my username if you like :p I, myself, have just recently joined but all the warm welcomes made me feel comfortable so now im here to welcome you ! :D

Pokemon is one of my favorite things, and so I joined this forum! Yay!

I have to agree with ya there Kate :) Pokemon has been and still is one of the top favorite things i love to endulge in it xD Started from pokemon blue and even before that i started from the anime as well :)

Um... What else... I'm 14 and live in America, Idaho to be exact, and it's
really pretty here! I've been here since I was, like, 5, but I only just now began to realize how wonderful this state is!

The way you describe Idaho makes me want to visit there some day :) I was born and raised in the state of New York. Gotta love the rush hour.. sarcasm of coure lol Although im not complianing because its beautful in its own way... as you see i tend to rant too sometimes xD My apologizes lol

i'm downloading the PMD Infinity Labyrinth demo
as I type! So excited to play it! <3

I've been wanting to play it, buy alas no 3DS yet :( lol It's definitely on my to do list though :P How is it ?! I love how 3D it looks myself. Its a breath of fresh air from the same old 2d sprites from red and blue days. lol

Well i hope you enjoy you're stay and make lots and lost of friends :) Everyone here is helpful and thats a great things :) Welcome to the community Kate ! :D

Back