• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ Square-Enix Fanclub ☆★

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
That one teaser for FFX HD looked a bit underwhelming for me, though. :( I hope the game as a whole really looks touched upon because I'm not sure if they'd make it look good enough for people to buy it. I love FFX, and even though I still wish I could muster the attention span to play FFX-2, I'd still buy the bundle if I can (the International versions sound like pretty good deals). I just hope the lack of news means that they're working on it very profusely.

I'm glad I don't complete games as much as you do, Lightning. ;~; That's gonna be a huge undertaking for sure. I remember attempting to get Lulu's ultimate weapon with the number of lightning strike dodges at that one thunderstorm infested plain in the game, and I just gave up after screwing up twice.
Figures they announce the news a few hours after you post this. :P I'm a little iffy on FFX too, though. When I first looked at the scans that leaked for it, they had a comparison of Tidus's PS2 character model and the new improved one for the HD release. I was really impressed at all the expression in Tidus's face in the new one until... I read the captions. The expressive face was the original and the new model was ugly and very uninspired, to me. (They were crappy, sepia-ish magazine scans so the "difference" in resolution and everything wasn't obvious at all.) I'm worried the whole game will be like that. There was no emotion in the character models... or at the very least, something seemed off/missing. I hope it gets fixed or it's less obvious when the game is in motion rather than in just screen shots.

Ugh, I've never actually done completion for FFX before. My brother did and it seemed so annoying I just didn't bother. I did do completion for X-2 (THAT FREAKING 100 LEVEL DUNGEON /flings PS2 out window) so I definitely think I'm a masochist if I'm still excited for that.
In other news, I've watched all the new Days cutscenes on YouTube and I'm missing a lot of the mission-related parts (Lightning summed it up wonderfully, riiight here) as well as the emotion brought about by some of the boss battles. I wish they at least made some sort of effort to make the boss battles full-blown cutscenes...
Spoiler:
Oh, I'm glad someone actually read that and enjoyed what I wrote. ^_^; I know I went a bit overboard with what I was saying for a non-fanclub thread but I really needed to let it out. I agree entirely about the things in your spoiler tag that were left out but honestly, KH HD is a pretty low-budget title.

I'm pretty sure they had a very small team actually working on porting it to PS3 and adding everything in. HD re-releases for every company are a quick cash grab that requires very little effort. The most they usually have to do is convert gameplay from a PSP game to PS3 but the KH release went above and beyond on almost all counts--they VASTLY improved KHFM to the point where I find it infinitely more playable than the original, just from the camera, improved cutscene skipping, and triangle mapping. Then to actually do what they did for Days instead of just bringing its theatre scenes in? They redid the whole game and I'm very thankful they did.
Spoiler:

Oh man, the only FF games I've fully completed are 12, 13 and 13-2 but excluding download content so ehhh guess that doesn't count. My brother completed X and X-2 though cause he's like user Lightning level hardcore gamer lmao.
hahaha I'm not usually very hardcore when it comes to final Fantasies. :P Just X-2, XIII and XIII-2 for completion for me. Although XIII isn't even technically complete because although I maxed out Crystarium and did all the extra missions, I didn't get all the trophies/achievements. Oh well.
Okay. So like FFX and FFX-2 got announced for a NA released. unknown if it is international or not I can't tell. but here is the source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...xx-2-hd-remaster-announced-for-north-america/ I mean we already knew they will localized this, but news with it being confirmed is nice!
It'll be International. It would be so much more work for the localization team to remove all the International stuff and substitute in the original game so, like the KH release, they'll just translate and revoice (hopefully) all the added stuff and upsell it as improvements ~~~never before seen in NA~~~. Which is fine by me because I really wanna play the International versions in English. (Not enough of an FF fan to import the main games.)

*u* Now I get to sit here and hope they announce an HD FFXII International one day. A girl can dream, right?

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Okay. So like FFX and FFX-2 got announced for a NA released. unknown if it is international or not I can't tell. but here is the source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...xx-2-hd-remaster-announced-for-north-america/ I mean we already knew they will localized this, but news with it being confirmed is nice!

Also, I don't if any of you seen this yet, but the English Trailer of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX came up. People complain about the lip sync, and framedrop, but remember this trailer is the japanese one, they just added the english track, but here it is

Spoiler:

Did I see a reaction command prompt in the game play portion of Final Mix in that trailer or were my eyes playing tricks on me?

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Did I see a reaction command prompt in the game play portion of Final Mix in that trailer or were my eyes playing tricks on me?

Reaction Commands were added in KHFM, also you could use the right Analog stick to move the camera.

ソラ

Years
I actually never knew Reaction Commands were added to Final Mix out of my limited knowledge of Final Mix.

PS2 version KHFM did not have reaction commands.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX added it in for this release.

Cherrim

Years
They aren't really reaction commands. Remember in KH1 how things like opening chests, examining points of interest, (talking to people?,) using special abilities like Strike Raid and so on were in the bottom item on the mini menu? It shared the slot with summons, so you had to scroll horizontally between the version of the menu that had the extra commands and the version that had Summons. They nixed that and everything that was in the bottom slot (not Summons) is now mapped to the triangle button like it has been in every game since KH2.

So they didn't add special reaction commands to boss fights or anything, that's just the marker to indicate that a special move like Ars Arcanum can be used or else it's just a field action.

ソラ

Years
They aren't really reaction commands. Remember in KH1 how things like opening chests, examining points of interest, (talking to people?,) using special abilities like Strike Raid and so on were in the bottom item on the mini menu? It shared the slot with summons, so you had to scroll horizontally between the version of the menu that had the extra commands and the version that had Summons. They nixed that and everything that was in the bottom slot (not Summons) is now mapped to the triangle button like it has been in every game since KH2.

So they didn't add special reaction commands to boss fights or anything, that's just the marker to indicate that a special move like Ars Arcanum can be used or else it's just a field action.

Yeah, but i find these reaction commands more useful than using the bottom slot. It makes things a bit more easier. I think it makes it also easier to use special moves too, Sonic Blade feels different like better in my opinion.

Also, Cyberman65 (or Cyberman6), beat the game at Lv 1, he also defeated Xemnas, Kurt Zisa, Phantom at Lv 1 as well. I dunno if he defeated Sephiroth. EXP 0 seems a bit easier than low level, cause of the effect it gives you from what people tell me.

Cherrim

Years
Yeah, but i find these reaction commands more useful than using the bottom slot. It makes things a bit more easier. I think it makes it also easier to use special moves too, Sonic Blade feels different like better in my opinion.

Also, Cyberman65 (or Cyberman6), beat the game at Lv 1, he also defeated Xemnas, Kurt Zisa, Phantom at Lv 1 as well. I dunno if he defeated Sephiroth. EXP 0 seems a bit easier than low level, cause of the effect it gives you from what people tell me.
Yeah, it's way better but they still aren't "reaction commands" as we know them in KH2. :P

That guy's just crazy. >_> I'm not very good at KH1 so I can't imagine doing most of what I've been struggling with at LV1. Just... how do they manage? It doesn't sound fun to me so I'm really glad there aren't any achievements or anything that require it. xD;

Cid

Years
This thread needs more love. ;;

Yeah, it's way better but they still aren't "reaction commands" as we know them in KH2. :P

That guy's just crazy. >_> I'm not very good at KH1 so I can't imagine doing most of what I've been struggling with at LV1. Just... how do they manage? It doesn't sound fun to me so I'm really glad there aren't any achievements or anything that require it. xD;
I'm actually sort of relieved that they aren't KHII reaction commands. I mean the reaction commands back in KHII were fun and all, but I think that was one of the main things that made KHII so easy. And most of the criticism was pointed at you mashing a button (either the attack button or the reaction command button) until you win. Of course, if KHIII had reaction commands I wouldn't be complaining. Because the commands make the battles a lot flashier and have more variation too! I just hope the difficulty doesn't suffer because of it. I believe BbS and the games that followed it did well on the gameplay rebalancing though!

Also Zero EXP is that one ability (do they call it abilities? I can't remember because it's been too long since I've played KH haha) I'll never really use. :P I agree that it doesn't sound fun, but I guess it's more opportunities to get bragging rights for the hardcore! Haha.

Anyway, are you guys familiar with Dissidia 012? I just saw the coolest vid ever. :o

Cherrim

Years
Bravely Default Flying Fairy is leaving Japan! This is probably one of the Square-Enix games I've been most excited to play in the last while, but never got around to importing it. Glad I waited!
Also Zero EXP is that one ability (do they call it abilities? I can't remember because it's been too long since I've played KH haha) I'll never really use. :P I agree that it doesn't sound fun, but I guess it's more opportunities to get bragging rights for the hardcore! Haha.
Okay, so I've read up on it since then and Zero EXP doesn't sound too bad in KHFM because apparently if you're level 1 and you have that equipped, it scales the enemies down to level 1 as well. So it might even be easier than normal?
Anyway, are you guys familiar with Dissidia 012? I just saw the coolest vid ever. :o
oh my god

i need these hacks in my life

but I can't really afford to be re-addicted to Dissidia 012 again. It ate literally my whole Christmas break and then some last year, haha. :(

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
HAY GUYS ERICA TOLD ME TO POST HERE so here I am.

Really glad to hear about Bravely Default coming here - especially since it seemed so unlikely for a while. Just hoping I can clear out some of my backlog enough to tackle it. At least it's not coming out anytime soon since they're taking their sweet time localizing it, lmao.

I really do need to get into Dissidia. I find the gameplay fun but just...not enough to build a story mode around. And I can't stand the whole board game thing between levels. I think the only way I'll wind up beating it is by treating it like a pick-up-and-play game, which is probably how it's meant to be played anyway.

Back