• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well, I'm afraid you were foolish, then. Exp. Shares don't sell for much, do they? And they're fantastic items to keep and use. The only way you'll be able to get another one is by restarting or trading, though not many people would be willing to give up such a useful item, I'd imagine.
No point restarting now, cuz I defeated the Elite 4, and I sold it for 100 Pokemon Money, should I start again cuz I have 6 Pokemons, 1 Level 67, 1 Level 53, 1 Level 38, 2 Level 28 and 1 Level 14 (I am training it by flying to other places.) Only one of them is worth it, cuz in the towns and places on the right hand side all trainers have level 65 Pokemons, I dont know how they got there.
So shud I start again and next time equally train the Pokemons.

Hello, this is to do with Internet Connection, OK my DS only supports WEP Keys and I have a WPA TKIP, or something like that, and when I change my internet key thing to wep my DS supports it and I can connect to other user around the world, but a problem my wireless internet on my laptop dont work. So is there anyway that I can do both Internet on my Laptop and connection on DS?????!!!!!

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
No point restarting now, cuz I defeated the Elite 4, and I sold it for 100 Pokemon Money, should I start again cuz I have 6 Pokemons, 1 Level 67, 1 Level 53, 1 Level 38, 2 Level 28 and 1 Level 14 (I am training it by flying to other places.) Only one of them is worth it, cuz in the towns and places on the right hand side all trainers have level 65 Pokemons, I dont know how they got there.
So shud I start again and next time equally train the Pokemons.

If you really need the EXP. Share, I'd say try your luck at asking for one. If that doesn't work out for you, if you have both Black and White, you could trade your Pokémon over to your other game and let them stay there until you've completed the game once again. Buut if you don't, you could always ask someone to hang on to your Pokémon for a while until you can trade back again. Just make sure that time you don't sell the EXP. Share. ;)

I'd say the Lucky Egg comes in handy for leveling up as well though. So if you don't feel like restarting and trading your Pokémon over for someone to hang on to until you complete the game, that can come in as an alternate. It's similar in the way of having your Pokémon gain more EXP points than normally, but the Pokémon in that specific battle must be in the battle to gain it. However. If it's a Pokémon like Magikarp, I'd say to have it hold the Lucky Egg and then switch it out with another team member. n_n

Though since your Pokémon aren't really of any events, shinies or include something that might be good to keep such as a legendary, I'd say starting over and getting back the same Pokémon again the next time around shouldn't be too difficult. If you do happen to have a legendary though, that shouldn't be hard to obtain back either since you can catch it again.

Good luck!
exp.share.png

Last edited:

knightkul

Underpowered tactics
Years
anyone know about the growing time of berries?

I know oran berries grow in exactly 24 hours.

on bulbagarden they have a guide to the dream world but snivy is not to be found in any of the dream world areas =(

Last edited:

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
Tucked my first pokemon in last night at 10pm gmt, it is now 3.50pm the next day and it still hasnt started dreaming. What gives? or have i miss under stood something?

Ashberto7

★ Celebi ★
Years
Mine usually starts dreaming by about 10 minutes.
You have done it through your Ds haven't you?

C-Gear -> Online -> Game Sync -> Wi-Fi Connection Page -> You Boxes [Choose the pokemon you want to dream] -> It gets tucked in -> Wait about 10-15 mins and it should start snoring saying your pokemon has started to dream.

Try that? ^

gee2k8

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
Done everything u have listed, its just not progressed from the sleeping-> dreaming stage.

Ashberto7

★ Celebi ★
Years
Is it in the bed sleeping?
And it should say something at the bottom like do not turn off the power and something about it sleeping and then basically you wait until it starts dreaming your tell because the snoring sounds pretty weird.

gee2k8

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
Every time i go on now it says something like "please wait..." followed by "you're pokemon isnt dreaming" then it disconnects.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Have you signed upto;

http://en.pokemon-gl.com/

And on the starting menu go one Game sync settings and get you code and entered it into the signup box when you register?

It might not be dreaming because it's not linked to a PGL [Pokemon Global Link] account.

That's not what's wrong. My Pokemon was dreaming and I didn't have my code inputted on my account so I was panicking, but it just showed up as soon as I put my code in.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Am I the only one experiencing this problem?
Spoiler:

I've tried playing in the Dream World five times now, and this is the result every time no matter how long I wait. >_>

gee2k8

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
Nope i've done all that, it even says on the site "pokemon tucked in: Snorlax"
Just tried again and got the same thing "This pokemon isnt dreaming yet" or something like that.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

Nope i have the same problem.

Last edited:

Angelique

Le Magnifique
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014
Nope i've done all that, it even says on the site "pokemon tucked in: Snorlax"
Just tried again and got the same thing "This pokemon isnt dreaming yet" or something like that.

Nope i have the same problem.
Upgrade your flash player if you are stuck at the 0% screen.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
Years
Kay, since I'm getting Black version on Sunday, I'd like to know:

1: IIRC, Serebii said that if you flee or defeat Reshiram/Zekrom, you can catch it after the end and it shall be shiny

2: I've seen videos on YouTube, are the graphics shown on the DS better than what they seem on the emulator Desmume?

3: Does it get boring after E4 and have nothing to do, like is RSE? Other than Wifi.

Thanks in advance, I appreeshiate it :)

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years

1: IIRC, Serebii said that if you flee or defeat Reshiram/Zekrom, you can catch it after the end and it shall be shiny

2: I've seen videos on YouTube, are the graphics shown on the DS better than what they seem on the emulator Desmume?

3: Does it get boring after E4 and have nothing to do, like is RSE? Other than Wifi.

1: People say there is a rumor about that but it isn't proved yet
2: They sure are. The DS brings a kind of 3D effect with it
3: Totally not. You can breed DW eggs and easily train your Pokémon to 100 with Audinos

And come on MSN Isa.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

1. You can't flee from Reshiram/Zekrom, you have it wrong. You have to catch enough Pokemon to fill every box in your PC and every slot in your party (that's 726 Pokemon), then defeat it. If you defeat it any other way, it will just keep appearing until you catch it. Even then, it hasn't been proven that you can even get a shiny that way, and I'm inclined to think you can't just because if you could, by now there would be multiple videos on Youtube showing that you can.

2. Can't answer because I don't use emulators.

3. It depends on how you like to play, but in general yes. Nearly half of the map is locked away until you beat the Elite Four, so there's that whole side to explore (three or four new towns IIRC), then there are a lot of legendaries to hunt down, plot points to wrap up, etc. I've been playing for about 60 hours past when I beat the game and haven't gotten bored yet.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years

1. Legendaries have shiny checks now, they will never be shiny, any that are, were caught via AR or made via Pokesav.

2. Yes, they are better than on DeSmuME, since DS emulators are not perfect in any way, an actual DS will always run the game better.

3. The end game is similar to DPPt, minus a Battle Frontier area.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Problems with the WFC

Hi is there anybody else here who seems to have problems using the WFC?

I haven't got any problems trading via the GTS, and the GTS negotiations, but for some reason, trades in the WFC fail to initialise.
I only get as far as -wfc-trade-trainer wants to join you. It fails to initialise the trade screen though.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
BW wonder Card sharing?

I know in the previous gens you could share cards

Is the still available now and how do you do it?

My roommate and i want to know.

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back