• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

leggomymeganium

King French Toast
Years
What is really good everybody! My name is leggomymeganium but I prefer french toast I am new here and am excited because this forum looks awesome. Oh yeah, my favorite Pokemon is espeon :)

Years
Hello all I'm Marina I'm am new to this site but not the world of Pokemon. I was unfortunately forced into a prolonged temporary retirement after completing Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow, and now I am able to once again rejoin the world of trainers in Pokemon Black and White V2. Even though I haven't started playing yet as I am waiting to get my Nintendo 3DS, but after reading up on the game I am so excited.

~Marina

Years
Hello all I'm Marina I'm am new to this site but not the world of Pokemon. I was unfortunately forced into a prolonged temporary retirement after completing Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow, and now I am able to once again rejoin the world of trainers in Pokemon Black and White V2. Even though I haven't started playing yet as I am waiting to get my Nintendo 3DS, but after reading up on the game I am so excited.

~Marina

Hi Marina, and nice to see you finally join us!

I understand what it's like, leaving the Pokemon fandom for that long but glad to see you finally got back into games. And I have to say, Black 2 and White 2 are such awesome games, with all the awesome Pokemon you can collect and amazing features. I'm still playing my Black 2, and I'll be playing it for a while until X and Y come out. I loved 5th Generation as a whole.

You should head over to the Fifth Generation Pokemon Series section of PC where it discusses 5th Generation as a whole, including Black 2 and White 2.

If you ever need help, feel free to ask me or a mod and I'm hoping you'll become an active member here!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Heh, I've fallen in and out of the Pokémon fandom several times and now I just kinda play the games on occasion when I'm bored. Indeed, when I joined this place I didn't actually consider myself that into the franchise at all.

In any case, though, it must be cool for you to finally have somewhere to talk about it! Follow that link Hikari posted and get posting!

UltimateDogs

Hawk and Wolf
Years
Wow this is cool its a good way to hangout and meet new friend. I'm UltimateDogs nice to meet everyone

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
Wow this is cool its a good way to hangout and meet new friend. I'm UltimateDogs nice to meet everyone

Hi UltimateDogs, and welcome to PC.

Why not tell us a bit more about yourself? Like what interests you have, your fave Pokemon, reason for joining etc. It would help us get to know a bit more about you, but anyways, we have loads of people who are willing to greet you and show you around PC.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to send me a visitor message! And I hope you become an active member here and meet everyone.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
What is really good everybody! My name is leggomymeganium but I prefer french toast I am new here and am excited because this forum looks awesome. Oh yeah, my favorite Pokemon is espeon :)
hello leggomymeganium and welcome to pc :) you're right i think this forum is awesome too and there are many places to visit. For example you can check out x and y forums if you like speculating about new generations or previous gen forums if you want to talk about games you already own. Actually i like espeon very much too and used him once for a competitive team but alakazam seemed better. still as far as looks go espeon is my favorite :D hope you settle well.
Hi Marina and welcome to pc. i know how you feel i had to quit pokemon for a while too but what counts is what you're doing now ;) Black and White 2 are great games even said to be the greatest of them all(i don't know since i havent played it yet :P) but it seems great. You can visit 5th gen forums if you'd like to know more about them. welcome again and hope you settle as well :)
hi UltimateDogs it's nice to meet you too. Why don't you tell bit more about yourself we don't bite you know :D People are pretty nice here so i dont think you'll have trouble settling in. welcome to pc :)

Years
Hi Marina, and nice to see you finally join us!

I understand what it's like, leaving the Pokemon fandom for that long but glad to see you finally got back into games. And I have to say, Black 2 and White 2 are such awesome games, with all the awesome Pokemon you can collect and amazing features. I'm still playing my Black 2, and I'll be playing it for a while until X and Y come out. I loved 5th Generation as a whole.

You should head over to the Fifth Generation Pokemon Series section of PC where it discusses 5th Generation as a whole, including Black 2 and White 2.

If you ever need help, feel free to ask me or a mod and I'm hoping you'll become an active member here!

Thank you for the suggestion i will defiantly check out the Fifth Generation Pokemon Series section so I can get fully caught up in the storyline, and I to can not wait for Pokemon X and Y to come out in October.
~Marina

hello leggomymeganium and welcome to pc :) you're right i think this forum is awesome too and there are many places to visit. For example you can check out x and y forums if you like speculating about new generations or previous gen forums if you want to talk about games you already own. Actually i like espeon very much too and used him once for a competitive team but alakazam seemed better. still as far as looks go espeon is my favorite :D hope you settle well.

Hi Marina and welcome to pc. i know how you feel i had to quit pokemon for a while too but what counts is what you're doing now ;) Black and White 2 are great games even said to be the greatest of them all(i don't know since i havent played it yet :P) but it seems great. You can visit 5th gen forums if you'd like to know more about them. welcome again and hope you settle as well :)

hi UltimateDogs it's nice to meet you too. Why don't you tell bit more about yourself we don't bite you know :D People are pretty nice here so i dont think you'll have trouble settling in. welcome to pc :)

Thanks for the welcome warship I haven't played Pokemon Black and White 2 either yet I'm currently saving to get a Nintendo 3DS, and hopefully will be playing soon. I've heard from some friends who have played the games that they are good so I hope that you won't have to wait much longer either to play. Can't wait for Pokemon X and Y coming out in October.
~Marina

Last edited:

Cid

Years
I've never heard of this asdfmovie before :/ is it good?

Haha you are very welcome! love to help out my fellow members :D
You should try the Dream World more often, it's actually a bunch of fun imo.

Change is good from time to time, that's why i might pick Chespin myself. I'm excited to see their evolutions though, after that I'll make my decision :D

We should talk more often Cid, you seem like a very fun and nice person!
Aw geez, thank you! :)

asdfmovie is a series of animations by someone named TomSka. Here's a link to all the videos in one YouTube playlist. I hope you enjoy watching all those videos back to back. I imagine it's going to be a fun ride. ;)

And really, it's wonderful to hear that you enjoy helping out like that as well. I can certainly see your enthusiasm all over New Users / Welcome! It's that obvious. :D Oh and I will! If I ever get the chance to try Dream World, then I will enjoy it as much as I can.

Chespin looks like it's gonna have a pretty kickass evo so I expect to have a difficult time sticking with Fennekin myself! Haha. I think waiting for the eventual reveal of their evolutions is really the best thing to do before deciding on your starter. Hopefully they'll all be viable in the competitive scene, because that'll surely make me love them even more.

Thank you for the suggestion i will defiantly check out the Fifth Generation Pokemon Series section so I can get fully caught up in the storyline, and I to can not wait for Pokemon X and Y to come out in October.
~Marina

Thanks for the welcome warship I haven't played Pokemon Black and White 2 either yet I'm currently saving to get a Nintendo 3DS, and hopefully will be playing soon. I've heard from some friends who have played the games that they are good so I hope that you won't have to wait much longer either to play. Can't wait for Pokemon X and Y coming out in October.
~Marina
We all can't wait for X and Y, huh? ;P And I have to echo what your friends have said. Black 2 and White 2 are great games! Don't worry about not being able to play it yet, though. There's still tons of stuff in the forum to enjoy. In fact, I still haven't beaten that darn game because I always get preoccupied with something else! XD And yet that doesn't stop me from having lots of fun here.

Welcome aboard, everyone! Hope you're enjoying the Hangout and the rest of the forum so far!

PokemonTrainerScott

Know thyself
Years
Hi everybody, I was searching for a forum and found you guys! I am in and out of the Pokemon scene all the time, usually when a new game comes out I come back or when I feel like it. I sold my DS a few months ago, been skint and everything! And yesterday when I had some spare cash decided to buy a XL and Pokemon Black 2.

I was playing it earlier and thought it would be good to be able to speak to people about it rather than playing alone as most of my mates don't play now! Well not that I know of anyway.

Would be good to get chatting to some of you guys! My name is Scott and i'm at college by the way!

Years
Hi everybody, I was searching for a forum and found you guys! I am in and out of the Pokemon scene all the time, usually when a new game comes out I come back or when I feel like it. I sold my DS a few months ago, been skint and everything! And yesterday when I had some spare cash decided to buy a XL and Pokemon Black 2.

I was playing it earlier and thought it would be good to be able to speak to people about it rather than playing alone as most of my mates don't play now! Well not that I know of anyway.

Would be good to get chatting to some of you guys! My name is Scott and i'm at college by the way!

Hi Scott, and welcome to PC!

I'm glad you decided to join, because if you need Pokemon fans to interact with you definitely came to the right place. I joined this place 2 years ago because I had no friends who liked Pokemon and I wanted to interact with some Pokemon fans. I have since made so many friends here and I'm happy I did.

And nice to see you got a 3DS XL and Black 2. Black 2 & White 2 are awesome games and have great features and loads of Pokemon to catch. If you want to discuss about B2/W2 you should head over to the Fifth Generation section, which has loads of topics relating to Black & White, as well as Black 2 & White 2.

Have fun, and feel free to shout me a VM if you need anything.

Years
Thank you for the welcome everyone I have been checking out the Black and White V2 threads to become a bit more informed about the game so when I do start playing I'm not completely lost. After being gone from the Pokemon world for so long its a little hard to get back into the swing of things.

Years
Hello, everyone! New user here.
Well, what is the current topic on this thread, and how can I join in on it? ;)

Hi Suskel, and welcome!

Even though this thread is called the New Users' Hangout, it's basically a little chit-chat thread where new members like you can interact with the older, more experienced members because you may need a helping hand to show you around PC. I've been here for 2 years now and I helped several newbies feel welcome. I remember seeing you around the Battle Center section asking for help with a team, so it looks like you've settled in to PC a bit.

And I love your avatar. Glaceon is my fave Eeveelution, although Sylveon from the upcoming X and Y is starting to get my love pretty fast. My fave Pokemon ever is still Oshawott though, and it always will be. Do you have any favorite generations of Pokemon? Maybe you love them all? It's always nice to share some of your interests so people can get to know you better.

I hope you have a nice time here, Suskel. And I might see you around!

Suskel

Absolute Zero
Years
Do you have any favorite generations of Pokemon?
I'm going to be completely honest here, but I am oblivious to thev exact meaning of generations.
I kind of thought of it as kind of, Pokemon from Kanto/Johto, then Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire Pokemon, Diamond Pokemon, and that stuff.

Other than that, I don't care. I absolutely love all Pokemon, but seem to favor pokemon from around Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome!

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I'm going to be completely honest here, but I am oblivious to thev exact meaning of generations.
I kind of thought of it as kind of, Pokemon from Kanto/Johto, then Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire Pokemon, Diamond Pokemon, and that stuff.

Other than that, I don't care. I absolutely love all Pokemon, but seem to favor pokemon from around Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome!

Hey, welcome to PC! I have some time on my hands so I thought I'd explain the concept of generations in Pokemon. Basically, a generation in the Pokemon franchise is the group of games, anime seasons, and manga editions that include the new Pokemon introduced in the main series games of said generation. So in turn, each generation usually stems from a group of main series games, which are the normal RPG games you're used to playing. Here's a layout of the main series games by generation:
  • Generation 1: Red; Blue; Green; Yellow.
  • Generation 2: Gold; Silver; Crystal.
  • Generation 3: Ruby; Sapphire; Emerald; FireRed; LeafGreen.
  • Generation 4: Diamond; Perl; Platinum; HeartGold; SoulSilver.
  • Generation 5: Black; White; Black 2; White 2.
  • Generation 6: X; Y.

A rough explanation of the distribution of Pokemon games in general upon said generations would be to say that every Pokemon game that comes out after a main series game belonging to a new generation (has a new region, Pokedex... etc) belongs to said generation. That is to say, taking the Pokemon Stadium series as an example, that Pokemon Stadium is a Generation 1 game, while Pokemon Stadium 2 is a Generation 2 game, and Pokemon Battle Revolution is a Generation 4 game!

Same goes for anime seasons and the likes. That's the gist of it!

Have a good stay at PC! :b

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Hey yo!

So, how's everyone doing here? :)

'ello! Bit tired but otherwise, grand. How about you? Tell us a bit about yourself!

*yawn*
Almost forgot to log onto the forums.
I have been up until 2 in the morning due to Black 2, and I have no regrets.

Like every good Pokémon player should be! I'm planning to have a late night catching up with my Heart Gold. I'm totally stuck on Whitney right now and keep forgetting to train. ):

Years
Hey yo!

So, how's everyone doing here? :)

Hi there, and welcome!

I'm honestly doing very well thank you, why not tell us more about you so we can get to know you? I know some new members can be shy, but with help from both staff and older members alike you will be able to point you in the right direction.

I hope you enjoy your stay here, TheNewOne!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back