• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Binary, is that tutorial for pokescript? because that's the scripting language i've been learning :S

No, that tutorial is for XSE. If you want, search the Tutorials section for thethethethe's scripting tutorial. It is the same, but for pokescript.

Chad -

Crysalus

Rides a mantine to school.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Thanks again chad, I'll look that up. you always seem to be helping me, you did in the script help thread too xD.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I couldn't figure this out! :( If anyone could help me out that would be great!

Going off of the script segment that DrFuji posted earlier, I would use something like this:

Code:
copyvar 0x8000 0x4023
compare 0x8000 0x0        // If player chose bulbasaur
if 0x1 call @bulbasaur
compare 0x8000 0x1        // If player chose charmander
if 0x1 call @charmander
compare 0x8000 0x2        // If player chose squirtle
if 0x1 call @squirtle

#org @bulbasaur
giveitem 0x00CD 0x0001 MSG_OBTAIN    // gives charcoal
return

#org @charmander
giveitem 0x00D7 0x0001 MSG_OBTAIN    // gives miracle seed
return

#org @squirtle
giveitem 0x00D1 0x0001 MSG_OBTAIN    // gives mystic water
return

There are better ways to do it (using variables) but the script above should suffice. For the rest of the script (i.e., the guy running part and that stuff), I'd reread the scripting tutorial that Ash493 posted earlier. It helps A LOT.

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
The ROM you patched is not the old rom anymore, it's the hacked one. Wherever you have the .GBA file, is wherever the hack will end up being.

Not happening for me, the hack is appearing nowhere in the folder.
unless you mean the GBA file BECOMES the hack but that's not how it worked when I was doing patching without problems a while ago.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
Can someone help
My problem
I working on my hack but suddenly it say rom not supported
it firered bpre, 16 mb and I applied the hacked engine by jpan

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2018
Hey,
how do i change the range of the cursor of the firered worldmap? It's important for me, because i want to put the Hoenn worldmap in firered :)

greets, Macronix

Crysalus

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
In poketscript, can you just have a goto command to a pointer to a different part of the script, or does it HAVE to be after an if command?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Hey,
how do i change the range of the cursor of the firered worldmap? It's important for me, because i want to put the Hoenn worldmap in firered :)

greets, Macronix
I suggest you look into this tutorial. I don't know if there are any other ways, but this tutorial definitely helps.

In poketscript, can you just have a goto command to a pointer to a different part of the script, or does it HAVE to be after an if command?

Goto is an individual command, so you can use it seperately like:
goto $pointer
When you're using it with if, when the given statement is true/false the goto (or call) command is used.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

@Binary: He was asking for PokeScript

@Crysalus: I'm not very familiar with PokeScript because I haven't used it in about a year and a half now. However, I know for a fact that in Pokémon's scripting engine, there is a command which does what you're asking for. What I'm not sure of is whether or not PokeScript has support for it. You can try just using 'goto $part2' (I think that's how it's done in PokeScript) and if that doesn't work, you can try "#raw 0x05" followed by your reversed pointer. So, let's say your pointer was to '0x123456' (in the ROM), you'd use this:
Code:
#raw 0x05 0x56 0x34 0x12 0x08

Crysalus

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Thanks colcolstyles, I'll try that if just plain "goto" doesnt work. :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2018
I suggest you look into this tutorial. I don't know if there are any other ways, but this tutorial definitely helps.

But this is only about changing stuff like the cities, the image and so on... but not about changing the range of the cursor, or am i wrong?

King Koopa

The Dark Spriter >>>>
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
I can't find offsets!!! can anyone share bookmarks for pokemon r/s/e? or tell me the offset of the battle box the one with exp and stuff

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
i have done a fire red remake hack and im very far in it and when i get to curulean it says that my rom image crashed as soon as i get on the map but i dont see why it should work fine

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2010
What do I do if I want to check a certain part of the game I hacked and I dont want to go through the whole game to check each thing?

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Ok, I've searched all over to learn how to use Shynizer and I can't find it. Can anyone help me use this with Fire Red? I would like to up the chances of encountering shiny pokemon in the wild, and set some special pokemon to be shiny if I can. (like the starter)

Crysalus

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Another question this time about BufRite. I'm trying to burn this script into my rom, but it keeps coming up with "Floating Pointer must be pushed" then the name of a pointer in my script, and asks for an offset. what does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back