The PokéCommunity Forums Entertainment & Media Video Games
FIGHTING GAMES!

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old April 13th, 2018 (7:36 PM).
Korrina is totally kissable~<3

Nature: Timid
    Talk about fighting games here! :3 I wasn't sure if i should make this an 'arcade' thread or not, since these are usually arcade games, i guess, but hah xD

I know it seems different from my typical game threads, but hey, i'm not known as a Korrina fangirl for NOTHING, ya know? :P

I've always been pretty good at fighting games, really. I used to battle my brother on Marval vs Capcom at the game room a lot. Also, i've watched him play other fighting games often on his sega systems. :3 I liked seeing all the neat martial arts moves in these games! They're fun! Whenever I vs him, we both put up pretty good matches with each other. I like playing as girls/cute characters in fighting games most. Of course~

Also, my all time favorite fighting game is probably super smash brothers melee xD I've played that game sooo much. I never vs my brother on it anymore though. He doesn't see the appeal in it as much :P

Hiyo, i'm Jirachu~<3 Kawaii Pikachu and Jirachi cross, though now my favorite Pokemon character is Korrina; and I crush HARD on her lemme tell ya lol :3

I duno why but the image in my sig stopped showing up....So I removed it. :/
    May add some cute blingee sometime in its place though xD
    Pikachu Diglit Nidoran Pidgey Teddiursa Skitty Lugia Phanpy
    (i'm cute and sweet and like being friends with lots of people. just don't get on my bad side, please ;3)

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 14th, 2018 (5:21 AM).
    Anything goes, even Chinese

Nature: Quirky
    The Super Smash Bros. series are my favorite fighting games ever. Probably because they're the only ones I've legitimately played, they're crossovers of popular and not-so-popular games alike, and they're a fresh of breath air for the genre. Plus, they're pretty easy to learn.

Skullgirls is also good

I only listen to high-quality video game rips.
    Old April 14th, 2018 (4:31 PM).

Nature: Mild
      Smash Brothers, since I can play it at a tournament level, and I've fought a few people who play it for a living (never ends well for me)

Other than that I play fighting games and button mash
      Old April 14th, 2018 (4:55 PM).
      Scarlet Pirate

Nature: Careful
        I used to play a few when I was younger but I figured out that outside of a few games, I just don't enjoy playing them. I love watching them, but you won't catch me playing them.
        Old April 14th, 2018 (9:02 PM).
        Empty Chairs at Empty Tables

Nature: Quiet
        Ugh, this genre. I *loathe* this genre. With the sole exceptions of Super Smash Bros. Melee, and the PSP Dissidia titles, I have never enjoyed a fighting game. It's just one of those genres - along with sports and puzzle games - that I just can't get into, despite the fact that I am not wholly averse to complex button combinations and I've loved the music of some series, like Blazblue. It's just...not my thing, I guess.
        Old April 14th, 2018 (11:15 PM).
        with thunder in my heart.
        • EO

Nature: Modest
        Hello - fighting games enthusiast here! I play competitively, have attended a CPT event and much more! I absolutely adore most games within the genre itself, however a top 5 would be...

1. Street Fighter Alpha 3
        2. Capcom vs. SNK 2
        3. Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
        4. Tekken 5
        5. Super Smash Bros. Melee

All about the crazy execution characters where possible, I love the several layers the genre itself has when it comes to things such as okizeme; it's fun to scoff at people who think it's all about pressing buttons at any form of serious level, haha.
        Old April 15th, 2018 (11:27 PM). Edited April 15th, 2018 by Logiedan.
        ARCTURUS

Surprised no mention of Dragon Ball FighterZ here! But honestly, I haven't bought the game yet though I have been meaning to get into it. And like a lot of people here, Melee is like my life when it's fighting games; I love the fast tech-filled gameplay.

Not a big fan of most fighters because a lot of them feel like infinites which I despise in fighting games. This part is kinda ignorant cause I don't know a lot about other fighters other than some clips like BlazBlue, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, MvC etc.
          Old April 18th, 2018 (6:28 AM). Edited April 18th, 2018 by LilyGardy.
          Lilligant Trainer

Nature: Gentle
            I play a lot of fighting games and enjoy playing them. Whilst I am not particularly 'good' at any of them (I play for fun) I find them a good way to unwind. I play Smash Bros too but don't really count it as a Fighting Game.

My main characters in each series:

Street Fighter - Rose/Cammy
            Dead or Alive - Helena/Ayane
            Tekken - King/Asuka
            Marvel v Capcom - Morrigan/Captain Marvel
            Smash Bros - Peach/Lucario
            Old April 18th, 2018 (3:52 PM).
            Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
              Been a massive fan of street fighter and tekken for years. Loved the older marvel vs capcom but can't stand infinite.

Street fighter main: Ken
              Tekken: Jin
              MvC3 Dante, Vergil, Wesker
              Old April 18th, 2018 (7:07 PM).

Tekken is my favorite fighting franchise, I've played a few Street Fighter games and my favorite Street Fighter was on the gbc.

Old April 19th, 2018 (1:19 AM). Edited April 19th, 2018 by Fabbix96.

Brawlhalla (its like Super Smash Bros, its free, serious warrior characters, no pay 2 win)... & Under Night In Birth Exe Late (its like Blaz Blue/Guilty Gear but without silly characters, stupid movements, or throwing of ridiculous objects, pratically a 100% serious Arc System Works anime fighting game)
                Old April 19th, 2018 (2:22 AM). Edited April 19th, 2018 by LadyJirachu.

Hmn, its fun to give likes in this thread :3 Everyone's posts are so INTERESTING.

I love that the smash brothers series is also very popular here. Though, it doesn't really surprise me TOO much, I guess; this IS a forum for a nintendo series :P

Smash Brothers is fun to play with a sporty mentality. Like having matches for the sake of seeing the characters compete. I sort of see fighting games as sporting games overall. Probably part of why is cuz Pokemon is sports ish IMO, and pokemon battles are a huge part of how Pokemon is played xD Even now, I can't help but think of pokemon as 'team mates', rather than 'pets'; even if they were kind of some of my earliest ANNND overall largest 'animal taking care of' experiences before Simba came into my life lol

Hiyo, i'm Jirachu~<3 Kawaii Pikachu and Jirachi cross, though now my favorite Pokemon character is Korrina; and I crush HARD on her lemme tell ya lol :3

(i'm cute and sweet and like being friends with lots of people. just don't get on my bad side, please ;3)
                  Old April 19th, 2018 (2:35 AM).

I used to play all kind of fighting games on the SNES while the street fighter series was my favorite one. In the PSX era, like most people, i was really hyped about the 3D fighting games, especially Tekken. I remember street fighter losing quite some popularity back then because their own first attempts on 3D weren't very successful.

10+ years later and with the release of Street Fighter 4, things changed. I was fed up with the original 3D fighting games like Tekken and going back to the typical 2D fighting games gameplay while having nice 3D graphics was a breath of fresh air.
                    Old April 19th, 2018 (2:55 AM). Edited April 19th, 2018 by LadyJirachu.

I may want to play Tekken sometime if I can ever get ahold of it after reading the posts in this thread! XD Must be pretty fun if everyone keeps talking about it :)

Old April 20th, 2018 (12:33 AM). Edited April 20th, 2018 by Fabbix96.

Tekken is: "continue to keep the enemy in mid-air while you hit him always with the same two-three attacks"... I prefer the Arc System Works games, they have a good combo system and the anime style graphic its simply the best... Ah and I prefer Brawlhalla than Super Smash Bros...

Quick Reply