The PokéCommunity Forums Entertainment & Media Video Games
Chit-Chat daily vidya chat

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old November 5th, 2016 (8:03 PM).
Just call me EC.

Kill Confirmed was a great addition to Modern Warfare Remastered, although I really miss sliding in it, because that's all I do in that mode to collect tags.
Old November 5th, 2016 (11:37 PM).
Electric Jacket

Nature: Quiet
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xin View Post
    Okay maybe i can forgive that. Even the pheasants...
    Your comment inspired me to post my findings here! I just so happened to interview a couple of pheasants on their take on their early access of Infinite Warfare, enjoy:
    Spoiler:

"I never really enjoyed the COD games as a whole, but the new game just reaches a new low." - Jeff McKlucken

Spoiler:

"They [Activision] have finally lost it! As an X-Box One user, I find it absolutely terrible that the PS4 gets earlier access than us!" - Turken Schtuffins

Spoiler:

"I've played it and I'm not impressed. They missed the mark on this one. Scratch it and try again" - Downy Eduardo-Fowl
    Old November 7th, 2016 (7:18 PM).
    Just call me EC.

I really need an external HD for my XBOX One so I can have more room to store all these hot multiplayer games.
    Old November 8th, 2016 (1:04 AM).
    The Phenomenal Darling

Nature: Naughty
      I'm still kinda pissed at EA for basically just self cucking Titanfall 2 by releasing it this year when BF1 (already released to critical and commercial acclaim), FIFA 17. Skyrim SE, and of course Infinite Warfare (where obviously because its CoD, people will still buy it for the lulz). Then there's Dishonored 2, Pokemon Sun and Moon, and Watchdogs 2. So yeah EA, great job basically ruining the sales of Titanfall 2 which is actually a surprisingly great game. With so many releases right now for the final half of 2016, there was obviously no way that Titanfall 2 could have sold for millions of the $$$$$$$$$$$s

Sigh. EA, Ea, Ea.... really now. Why do great developers have to deal with your Bullsh*t. Whoever boosted marketeers were with EA deserves to be punched on the nutsacks and to the boosted monkey face with my DOOMfist, my mighty boot, my AK47, my Super Shotgun, and of course my BFG.

Sigh, and seriously Titanfall 2 is one of those rare releases where BOTH SINGLE PLAYER AND MULTIPLAYER are extremely well done. Like my god!? A modern FPS game that isn't Doom 2016 that actually has a solid single player campaign experience with intricate level design???!?!?!?!?
      Old November 8th, 2016 (8:07 AM).
      Flying High

Nature: Brave
      I agree Titanfall 2 is pretty great. Still working on learning to play the system on pc as well as I did the first on xbox but getting there.

Oh and it has no season's pass or Microtransactions. UNHEARD OF now-a-days. They get my sale for this reason alone!
      Old November 9th, 2016 (9:51 AM).
      Hollow.

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Arsenic View Post
      I agree Titanfall 2 is pretty great. Still working on learning to play the system on pc as well as I did the first on xbox but getting there.

Oh and it has no season's pass or Microtransactions. UNHEARD OF now-a-days. They get my sale for this reason alone!
      How far have you gotten into the single player campaign? I've only completed the tutorial and the first mission so far and I have to say, I really enjoy the story/direction/narrative that they are putting out.
      Old November 9th, 2016 (12:24 PM).
      Flying High

I finished it in one sitting >~>
      Old November 9th, 2016 (2:38 PM).
      Hollow.

Quote:
      I finished it in one sitting >~>
      So like, 3-4 hours?
      Old November 9th, 2016 (2:53 PM).

My friend keeps recommending Titanfall 2 to me despite me having no prior experience with the series. Is the story a continuation of the first game?
      Old November 9th, 2016 (4:02 PM).
      The Phenomenal Darling

The thing with Titanfall 2 is that unlike the first game which was basically multiplayer only, this game expands upon the universe by simply providing a single player campaign for people to enjoy before they burst each other's brains out in multiplayer.

So apparently, a friend of mine isn't liking Modern Warfare Remastered as much as most of the general populace does. Mainly since the problem is that MWR is WAY TOO MUCH LIKE the old game. Yep. Sure, its 100% CoD4 with a little tune ups, but there was little done to improve upon some of the problems that CoD4 had such as:

(This pretty much contains what me and my friend talked about regarding CoD4)

Spoiler:
        - Overpowered Red (Tier 2) Perks -> Stopping Power and Juggernaut are the 2 best red (T2) perks in the game that simply outclasses all of the other red perks. Running any red perk other than SP or Jugger makes any character/loadout feel naked. The only other red perks that there useful were UAV Jammer especially with silenced weapons, and Sleight of Hand which was extremely useful for Shotguns. But again, these two really good red perks aren't as optimal as Stopping Power and Juggernaut are.

- Useless perks that made a return -> Martyrdom. Really? Oh and Eavesdrop because listening to another team's voice com is so useful especially in such a game. Oh and Last Stand. F**K YOU LAST STAND.

- The God tier weapon -> M16 + stopping power perk. Yep, laser tag from hell, Anyone who has played CoD4 for a long time knows how Bullsh*t this weapon is. One burst one kill? Ok... no weapon sway? GG. You don't need to use a sniper rifle. Just slap on the M16 with a red dot sight and you're good to go to become the next MLG FaZe OpTiC Kitkat G-fuel mother f**ker Gansta BYEEEEEEETCH. Just see the dude you wanna take out, then click away. Then again, the M16 WITHOUT stopping power is then one of the worst guns in the game simply since the 3 round burst cannot kill anyone unless its on shotgun range. So yeah, the best gun with the right perk is the best gun. But without said perk, the M-16 is one of the worst guns.

- LUL weapon balance -> As mentioned before, the M16 is one of the best weapons in CoD4/MWR, as well as the Mp5 and the M40A3. The three weapons that people are able to use via default classes are the 3 best weapons in the game in their respective weapon class. All other weapons the player unlocks later aren't as good or as busted as the first 3 guns are. The AK47 is badass, heck it was my main weapon in CoD4, but its no M16 since using the AK still required a modicum of effort. Regarding SMGs, none of the SMGs unlocked after the MP5 are any good, save for the AK74u which some people do say is better than the Mp5, which i wholeheartedly agree. Not to mention that the AK74u has Assault Rifle stats and is unlocked later in the multiplayer. But really, none of the SMGs save for the 74u hold up to the MP5.

- Sh**tty sh*8ty shotguns = Yep. They wanted it to be so much like the old game 100% that even the shotguns, which have been tuned so well in the later games, become rather poor while being plagued with inconsistencies up the butt.

That's among the problems that CoD4 has that sadly made its way into Modern Warfare Remastered. I don't really get why Raven Software chose to actually make it way too much like the old game. We get it, its for the CoD4 Faithful, and they didn't want to destroy what the playerbase liked about the old game, but the thing is, there are a sizeable amount of people who knew that CoD4 has shown its age when even better refinements have shown up in the more recent titles (Black Ops 2 being a fine example). Yet people are simply kissing it in the foot and hugging it like it was the best friend (with benefits) that they never had saying that its a glorious return to the good ole days.

They should have just called with "Call of Duty 4: Special Edition SE". This isn't how you make a remaster guys.
        Old November 9th, 2016 (5:52 PM).
        Flying High

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
        So like, 3-4 hours?
        No it's a full length campaign. And I enjoyed it so much I finished it in one sitting. On accident. Cri at the end...
        Old November 10th, 2016 (2:33 AM).
        Electric Jacket

That's a lot of game time. But really, how long did it take you to finish the campaign? I never really looked into the game, but might have to look at it further to fully come to a conclusion .. .
          Old November 10th, 2016 (3:25 AM). Edited November 10th, 2016 by Arsenic.
          Flying High

Hmm... maybe shorter than I thought. But still supposedly clocks 5-7 hours.

I think I was somewhere between 6-7 on hardcore diff. Both due to relearning to play the mechanics on a keyboard instead of controller, and finding some of the collectables.

It's leagues better than the firsts campaign, though it's stuck on one planet...

In other news. It looks like 2017 Metro game isn't happening, killed by official facebook. Site has been updated to talk about a 'project' instead of game. why can't valve manage fan expectations like this
          Old November 11th, 2016 (5:31 PM).
          Just call me EC.

Always interesting when patches fix one thing and break another. For instance, the recent Infinite Warfare patch that was released today fixed a bunch of things, and added Infected.

It broke Search & Destroy though, making it so everyone gets kicked after about 5 rounds.

So it had to be removed.

Oh, Call Of Duty...
          Old November 11th, 2016 (6:03 PM).
          Electric Jacket

I just checked on the PS4 Communities and there are more MW4 communities and members than there are IW groups and members. nI mean, if MW4 is really so timeless in their minds (like Unreal Tournament is in mine) than I don't see why it can't survive another stretch on consoles and what not. . .
            Old November 11th, 2016 (6:17 PM).
            The Phenomenal Darling

With some BS happening, i think I'd want to have a D.Va stuffed toy or a D.Va figurine. Yes I just said that out loud.

So yesterday, i played some Infinite Warfare at a friend's house and he let me play a game of TDM, unfortunately it was on consore so I had to get adjusted to using a PS4 controller with some Kontrol Freekz <_>. As mentioned earlier by me, PC Infinite Warfare is kinda bollocks with its separation of the PC playerbase so console owners are lucky on this end... (Lucky you.) Surprisingly, i kinda did poorly but I went 25-8 on a typical TDM scenario. Ripping people as the Synapsis is rather fun with its Dual Machinegun Payload.

I could easily go 32-5 if i had a mouse and keyboard though. Just like the good ole days. Now Activision if you actually make your product actually be good for PC..

Speaking of Modern Warfare Remastered for PC... jesus christ.. its even more terrible than what i thought.. remember those who played COD4 on PC can understand why MWR FOR PC is not as good..

- Cannot support 32 players like the original PC port did. No 16 on 16 TDMs or Dominations. Seriously why? Original CoD4 on PC was insanely good because things possible on consore such as 16 v 16 TDMs, Domination, hell especially Headquarters was a joy. Not to mention, 16 v 16 + time limit based instead of Score based was the best. Fighting for the most kills before the time runs out on a 16 v 16 scenario was a joy to play. Why is not this on Modern Warfare Remastered is beyond me. Like seriously..

- No mod support. Okay this is kinda understandable by other people but still, if they were going to basically just make a beautified reskin of CoD4, Raven Software should have made mod support possible a looooong time ago. I would love to play ProMod on 2016 but nooooooo.....

So yeah, MWR ON PC is kinda garbage compared to the ever glorious original PC version. Original CoD4 PC was basically a gift from the heavens. MWR PC is kinda dinglederp to me.
              Old November 12th, 2016 (9:06 AM).
              Flying High

Well that's good to know I suppose, not that I was planning on buying it but now I certainly wont. Big battles are way more fun than tiny ones...
              Old November 12th, 2016 (9:59 AM).
              Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
              Quote:

With some BS happening, i think I'd want to have a D.Va stuffed toy or a D.Va figurine. Yes I just said that out loud.
              Who wouldn't? D.Va is a qt.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
              Old November 12th, 2016 (2:51 PM).
              The Phenomenal Darling

I have a couple of questions i want to ask out loudly.. feel free to answer anything, from the fellow PC Computer Windows Warlords and the Consore Pheasants.

@Dishonored2
                Emily or Corvo?

@Overwatch
                I'm officially a Junkrat metalslave. I've cleanly won games and even hard carried impossibly high odds as Junkrat more than I have done so with Reaper or Soldier 76. Or at least in some cases I've felt like I've done more damage. Feels good. Its bringing back good ole memories of me being a Demoman main in Team Fortress 2. Ok that's not actually a question.
                Old November 14th, 2016 (2:05 PM).
                Electric Jacket

Quote:
                  @Overwatch
                  Goddamn did I hate having to pull overwatch and firewatch at 0100 for a month. That muk sucks.

Game related though, be sure to get your Hero/Heroine submissions in on time to the contest! I'm also getting back into the Pokémon stuff! I am ready to pick my copies up on Friday! Truth be told though, I've been talking to you guys a lot more than I've been playing videogames lol. The last time I played a PS4 game was over four days ago ohohoho!
                  Old November 14th, 2016 (2:59 PM).
                  Flying High

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nick Wilde View Post

I really, REALLY need to get GoW4.
                  Yes, you do! Get it! We can kick ass in MP!
                  Old November 14th, 2016 (4:19 PM).
                  Just call me EC.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nick Wilde View Post
                  I really, REALLY need to get GoW4.
                  Quote:
                  Yes, you do! Get it! We can kick ass in MP!
                  Gears Of War 4?
                  Old November 15th, 2016 (4:34 AM).
                  The Phenomenal Darling

Why hello there you fellow PC Gaming Warlords, console pheasants, doujinsoft playing junkies, retro hipsters, and also the hopefully not boosted animals in the room.

I know its so early because 2016 is close to ending but it isn't over till the Fat Man explodes, but I'm wondering if anyone has a wishlist for 2017 and the following days, weeks, so on.

Oh and because it still relevant to discussion, have a picture of a man slaying a deathclaw:

Edgy as f**k, no f**king sh*t!
                    Old November 15th, 2016 (4:50 AM).
                    Banned

Nature: Bashful
                      I have a wishlist for you:

- How about North America should start stepping up once again as a competitive region for professional gaming and stop being bodied by South Korean overlords? or maybe NA needs even better Asian imports such as myself, and my good ole buddy Xin over here to actually help NA finally beat the tar out of South Korean overlords in League and the rest of our followers git guud in Overwatch? How about that?

- How about Activision to stop sucking console C**k and actually make DECENT PC Ports of their games?
                      - How about you getting your a*s in Spacehulk Deathwing because this game is AMAZING and its totally worth when not playing League during the vacant hours.

- Okay, Fallout 5. Bethesda pls.
                      Old November 15th, 2016 (8:36 AM).
                      Hollow.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PeePi Coming S. View Post
                      I have a wishlist for you:

- How about North America should start stepping up once again as a competitive region for professional gaming and stop being bodied by South Korean overlords? or maybe NA needs even better Asian imports such as myself, and my good ole buddy Xin over here to actually help NA finally beat the tar out of South Korean overlords in League and the rest of our followers git guud in Overwatch? How about that?

- How about Activision to stop sucking console C**k and actually make DECENT PC Ports of their games?
                      - How about you getting your a*s in Spacehulk Deathwing because this game is AMAZING and its totally worth when not playing League during the vacant hours.

- Okay, Fallout 5. Bethesda pls.
                      On the gaming scene in America, couldn't you say that it's actually improved over the last few years? With the emergence of eSports and coverage by sports media juggernauts like ESPN, I feel that while America is a ways away from South Korea, it's at least on the right track.

Quick Reply