• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Hex Helper Double OH!

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
I have the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile installed.

Do I need the regular/full version.

Regular should be enough.
Altough this was a bug on my part and it is fixed. The download link is in the OP.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
Regular should be enough.
Altough this was a bug on my part and it is fixed. The download link is in the OP.

Still the same issue.

I'll install the normal version of .NET 4 in addition to the Client Profile version I have installed, see what that does.

EDIT: Even with the full version of .NET 4 installed, the problem remains with the Pokédex Fix & BW Repel patches throwing the 'Failed! Please make sure that there is no other program with your ROM opened' error.

Last edited:

Joexv

Years
Still the same issue.

I'll install the normal version of .NET 4 in addition to the Client Profile version I have installed, see what that does.

EDIT: Even with the full version of .NET 4 installed, the problem remains with the Pokédex Fix & BW Repel patches throwing the 'Failed! Please make sure that there is no other program with your ROM opened' error.
Sorry for the late reply, but i still cant replicate the error with the rom not open in any other program.
I would recomend running a few virus scans though, maybe end some unknow task via task manager.

Oi, was wondering if you'd be able to implement this for android?
Doubtfull.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 26, 2015
Ok, so heres a little update that fixes a few bugs, and makes Emerald actually work.
Now also with the repel system you provide a freespace offset that way it allows you to choose where it goes.
Download 1.3

It fixed all bugs, great mate.

Joexv

Years
Update!
Bug fixes, slight UI change and add-ons
Download

Please send in suggestions for add-ons for the program!
EDIT: HOLD OFF ON USING THE DEFAULT OPTIONS FOR FIRE RED ITS BUGGED AND DOESNT WORK. NO INFO ON IF IT BREAKS ANYTHING OR NOT!Fixed it! And it wouldn't have broken anything incase you ran it.

Last edited:
Years
I don't know why, but every time I try to open the program it never loads. The process shows up in Task Manager, but I don't see the program anywhere. Not even an icon.

The idea for this is very cool though. Especially the way you can implement the more basic ASM material. It may seem like a lazy shortcut to some, but a lot of them are hassles for others, so this is useful.

Joexv

Years
I don't know why, but every time I try to open the program it never loads. The process shows up in Task Manager, but I don't see the program anywhere. Not even an icon.

The idea for this is very cool though. Especially the way you can implement the more basic ASM material. It may seem like a lazy shortcut to some, but a lot of them are hassles for others, so this is useful.

What OS are you running? It's working fine for me on Windows 7 and 10.

Years
Okay so I fixed the problem. Basically I added it into to the external programs in the latest version of Pokemon Game Editor. I clicked on it, and it opened. No hassle or anything.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
Hey just wanna let you know the 'Failed! Please make sure that there is no other program with your ROM opened.' error is still very much there.

It happens most always with the BW repel patch, and sometimes with the lvl1 babies & deletable hm patches. Every now and then, but rarely, with the Pokédex fix patch.

W7 Home Premium SP1 x64
.NET Framework 4 installed
System clean and healthy

I'm sorry, I know you won't probably be able to reproduce those issues, like last time, but I'm still holding out hope that it's a bug somewhere in the software/tool, that can be fixed. Maybe a bug that's triggered by a certain set of conditions in the OS. I dunno. If I just keep clicking the patch, eventually it'll go through, but yeah...

If nothing can be done, oh well.

Joexv

Years
So after not really working on Hex Helper in the last several months @TheRealOCD held me at gun point and was like. Remake that shit. So I did.

Hex Helper Double OH! is Hex Helper written from scratch in order to help keep your ROM safe.
Whats new and different you may ask. Well,

-The UI has changed a lot. No more ugly buttons. Now simply click a checkbox to insert/remove any of the modifications Hex Helper Double OH! has to offer!
-It's safer! Backups are made every time you load the ROM!
-It now has multiple languages! It supports English, Spanish and French!(Although Spanish and French were translated using Google so be warned the grammar may be bad. idk as I don't know either language.)
-New Name!
-And some more Patches for Fire Red and Emerald with possibly more to come!

Screenshots
RURfNjB.png

52f6Jhb.png

Download
https://github.com/Joexv/Hex-Helper-Double-OH/releases/tag/MEGA_POTATO
Source Code
https://github.com/Joexv/Hex-Helper-Double-OH

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Please don't use HackMew's Pomeg fix, it doesn't do what HackMew claimed it does. What it does is change the way HP is recalculated, which throws your stats off if you level up with low HP. It also stops you using a Pomeg Berry on Shedinja. (Wichu brought this up, but HackMew said Shedinja can't gain HP EVs which is only half true. Shedinja can't gain HP EVs, but it can have them because it inherits all EVs from Nincada when it evolves.)

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Can you post English screenshots please? I'd like to know what exactly this tool has to offer before I download it :v

Back