• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In your opinion, best playstation 1 game

StanFromWork

Pokemon Colosseum <3
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2014
Thread is simple, post what your favourite game/series was for the playstation 1 and see how many people feel the same way as you:3. Mine would have to be Spyro, the original and series in general, to me it is one of if not the best game made.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Resident Evil 2. The fact that the RE franchise is my favorite, along with the fact Leon's in it, just makes it obvious that I'd pick it.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Hah! Easy!

From what I played, the best that the PS1 offers is without any questions - Crash Bandicoot 2. Not only is it one of the more solid platformers out there, but it has aged incredibly well to this day with its superb level design and extremely tight control, unlike its competition that is Mario 64. The game had great variety in its levels, memorable boss fights (if not a bit too easy though), amazing presentation and the level design is the strongest point. Crash Bandicoot 3 is great and all, but CB2 had the better level design, presentation and variety.

I haven't played Metal Gear Solid 1 (YET...) but I heard it's pretty damn amazing.

Resident Evil 2. The fact that the RE franchise is my favorite, along with the fact Leon's in it, just makes it obvious that I'd pick it.
3 is better imo, just for Nemesis alone. True definition of a stalker.

Years
It was always Crash Bash for me, everyday I'd come in from school and play that as a kid.

Obviously it's probably far from the real best game, but I was about six so you know. Based on popular opinion, I'll assume the best is FF VII.

StanFromWork

Pokemon Colosseum <3
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2014
It was always Crash Bash for me, everyday I'd come in from school and play that as a kid.

Obviously it's probably far from the real best game, but I was about six so you know. Based on popular opinion, I'll assume the best is FF VII.
I remember coming home as a kid and playing crash bash as well, it was always fun to play with either your brother or one of your friends. Im actually playign crash 2 right now, you never really appreciate games until you go back and play them

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Best PS1 game? That's a hard one. For me, the PS1 had one of the best libraries of all time. So I'd say it was Legend of Dragoon. It had an innovative battle system, not to mention a quite good story, alongside awesome music. I fail to see why this game has never had any sequels, prequels(there is a lot of potential for a LoD prequel) or even spin-offs.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Dragon Warrior VII. Stupidly long and crazy fun. It's one of those games I really regret not buying while it was in stores. So much fun to be had with that one, if you stick with it.

KyokuseiXRyusei

DenCabe! :3
Years
I used to play multiple PlayStation Games such as Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Frogger, etc. Though, I must admit that Lara Croft Tomb Raider outranked them all! x3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Hands down, Harvest Moon: Back To Nature

Harvest_Moon_Back_To_Nature_front.jpg

This was the height of the Harvest Moon franchise and was quite simply the most addictive game I have ever played in my entire life lol. I don't know how on Earth I managed to wrench myself away from it in the end, but I do know it couldn't have been easy :P

Second place goes to Tekken 3.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
PS1 had so many great games, For me Digimon World 1 and 3 where great games. Still play them now and Digimon World 1... So hard to get anything past champion level it was a great achievement.

Dino Crisis to gets a mention aswell. Still have my copy of both these games but my ps1 has unfortunately broken so I can't play them. but game was great.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Tomba! Cute, cartoony game where you are after the Evil pigs in search for your stolen braclete that was given to you by your grandfather. Tomba has many hidden talents and doesn't even start trying to save the world or have a great destiny as most games similar to Tomba's set up. I am SO happy that it was available for Download on the Playstation network Store.

Back