• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I had a few free minutes so I threw together a user bar.

picture.php

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thanks for all the comments, pipz.
I'll reply to them as soon as I can get myself a new monitor screen.

Anyways, the progress has been on hold for two days now.
I can't make any progress at all since my computer monitor went down after a series of power failures happened here last two days ago.

So I'll just bring some updates...
The tool is done on the major side of it's uses...
It'll only provide the walkthrough and the trainer guide for the time being.

The hack was almost ready.
It only needed a few text edits and text fixes, until the power was cut. -__-

So yeah, I hope you understand.
I am always convincing my dad to buy me a new monitor though... :P

Anyways, pay attention to other hacks for the time being.
Thanks~

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
I just got back into playing with emulators again and this hack really was a great start on playing hacks. Even though you just started this and it still has a long ways to go I'm loving it! I especially love the new music. It really has a R/S/E feel to it.

You always have very intresting ideas and plot twists for a normal pokemon game and you're making them real with these hacks.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
The power was cut...I would have blown my top...This happens alot to me...Thats what I get for living in an apartment...:P...Good luck getting the new Monitor...The Tool's Done...Awesome...:D

piplupbetterthanturwigandchimchar

Experienced Trainer(Bored)
Years
Where is cut? I have had to run between these 3 towns so many times its really annoying. TBH So far its great, but the story is a little confusing, it doesn't tell you where to find the things you need.

Thanks for the great hack! Once I catch the flow of things I'm going to love it :D

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
2iae83s.jpg

Okay pipz...
Life is getting rough lately...
Even though I am on school vacations, I am still busy. :\

So what would that mean?
It means that I got some problems sparing some time for the hack.
Result? I couldn't do another beta testing run...

So yeah... I'll be updating the first post for new screenshots and the newest beta, which will be beta 2.

So please do report any bugs you find.
I really need some more rest... :P

Thanks pipz~ ;)

---oOo---​

I can't wait for the beautiful moment of the releasement of beta 2.
Life of Guardians...

Hahahah...
Sorry for the wait, though...

Cool updates djg :) and seeing the info that Beta 2'll be soon makes me feel excited :D and btw about that house... it's before freezing place right?

Yep, it is. ;)

so isnt there a way to get any other starter from an other reign?

sorry but no. :\

so it is just the stupid kanto starters and sorry i have an wireless keyboard and it acts weird sometimes

Sorry about that, but the whole reason why I chose the Kanto starters is that they were the original starters in the old days.
Plus, I was planning to have the Johto starters but they're too overused in any hacks.
The Hoenn and Sinnoh starters are really not to my liking... :\

This hack is AWSOME!!!
But the only thing i dont like is the starters,kanto starters @_@.
Anyways best of lucks.

Sorry about the starters. :\

why do people hate the kanto starters.

charmander has been and will always be my favorite pokemon.

really? I like Bulbasaur. :)

And the end of the trilogy comes to be. Sort of a good and bad thing, as I loved the Ruby Destiny series a lot, I don't want it to end :P

Anyways! Good luck with the hack, definitely will be following this one.

it's probably the end, or probably not.
remember that humans have unlimited imagination, so who knows? :D

He might have said it was a trilogy, but I think in the earlier posts he said it would have more than 3 hacks. But I guess it is
the temporary end, cause he's gonna remake the older ones, and that will take a while.

yep~

Heh...who knows if it is going to be the last of the Ruby Destiny series...It depends what Jagold wants to do with it...There could be more afterwards....Only Time will tell...

hahah, yeah. only Time can tell. ;)

Wow, where'd the time go? It's like everything has gone by so quickly. <.<
I never even thought that LoG was already brought out. But there is one thing I didn't know, and that was that I never knew LoG released it's first beta in December last year.

It's great to see how much has changed, it just makes me think about how it's going to be like once it's complete. :P

"Sometimes when we look at things, we don't notice how much time has gone by. And that's how we must make that precious time count."

I just can't wait 'till it's finished anyways, but I know that nothing would be the same without the hacks that you've done. :P

Wow, that's some touching speech.
Thanks~

pokemon ruby destiny life of guardians i cant find hm cut

I can't remember if I put HM Cut in the first beta, but it's available in the second beta. ;)

I had a few free minutes so I threw together a user bar.

picture.php

Thanks~
I already added it in the first post~

Hey!
How's the progress going on this wonderful hack?:)
I hope to see some updates soon.;)
Anyway good luck!!!:D

yeah, well updates?
second beta's out. xD

COOL hack.
LOL: Spiritomb have NORMAL type and CUTE CHARM...

sorry about that...
I am not done fixing all new PKMN additions...

Finally The Third Ruby Destiny It Is So Cool

Thanks~

I just got back into playing with emulators again and this hack really was a great start on playing hacks. Even though you just started this and it still has a long ways to go I'm loving it! I especially love the new music. It really has a R/S/E feel to it.

You always have very intresting ideas and plot twists for a normal pokemon game and you're making them real with these hacks.

Thanks~ :)

The power was cut...I would have blown my top...This happens alot to me...Thats what I get for living in an apartment...:P...Good luck getting the new Monitor...The Tool's Done...Awesome...:D

Yeah well, I hate this place... -__-
I read on the newspaper that two powerplants were shut down, and now the nighborhood's short on electricity supply... grrr... -__-

Oh no... what a pity... Good luck with new monitor djg :) I hope you'll repair it soon :)

Thanks and well, it's unrepairable, I guess... :\

Where is cut? I have had to run between these 3 towns so many times its really annoying. TBH So far its great, but the story is a little confusing, it doesn't tell you where to find the things you need.

Thanks for the great hack! Once I catch the flow of things I'm going to love it :D

I can't remember if Cut was available in the first beta but it's available in the second beta now. :)
Thanks~

---oOo---​

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
At last, a beta! :D

I'll try it out right when you put it up. :)
I'll look for any bugs, too. ;)

amtrax

Pheonix will rule the world...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
um in the water contest hall at oceanshine the sailor inside battles you - he has a lvl 26 wailmer :(

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Here are some bugs that I found ;):

bug-1.png

The tile here's MP should be 10 instead of C.

bug-2.png

Behaviour error.

bug-3.png

Not sure, but I thought it's spelled DEVIHELL - with 2 L's.

bug-4.png

Again, a behaviour error.

bug-5.png

And again.

bug-6-massive.png

None of those trainers have offsets O.o

bug-7.png

Just a tile error.

Those are the ones I found so far. :)

Years
this hack is so much fun I loved the first beta for this and didn't even realize the second one was up until just now. Loving it so far. Also I see nothing wrong with kanto starters . I love charizard x). I think it would be cool if you choose starters from all the regions instead of just kanto but eh I'm perfectly happy with just kanto starters

Last edited:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Beta 2 is out...*Runs to first post and starts playing*...Finally...I've awaited this so long...and it was worth the Wait...You'll be doing a Final after this...And most likely one with Bug fixes...looks Great...Tell you if I find any Bugs...(Besides the ones Watermelon told ya...:))

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
yeah!beta 2 is out!i am currently downloading this!cant w8 to play it!btw is this your last hack?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Oh man this is so cool :D jagold I have some questions :)
first : what's with that Pikachu on the Guardia Path? Can I capture it? :D
and the other one Riolu learned Rock Climb will it be important attack or should I delete it?
And great idea to give Riolu so soon :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
I just wanted to say that your games ROCK! I love Reign of Legens and I'm playing Rescue Rangers right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back