• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

M Gardevoir deck help

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 8, 2016
Hi everyone. I'm still relatively new to the game. The deck below is one I've been working on almost from the start. I plan on taking this to the Seattle regionals next year. I'm hoping some more experienced eyes can help improve it some more. My local league doesn't have much in the way of competitive players. So I have a hard time testing it and person. And right now on the online game I am sitting at about a 75% win rate. So any suggestions that might help improve it would be greatly appreciated.

Pokemon
3 Gardevoir-EX GEN RC30
3 M Gardevoir-EX GEN
1 Hoopa-EX PRO XY71
2 Xerneas STS 81
1 Xerneas Break STS
2 Remoraid BKT
2 Octillery BKT
1 Psyduck BKP
1 Golduck BKP
1 Golduck Break BKP

Supporters
2 Shauna GEN 72
2 N FCO 105
2 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Skyla BKP 122
1 Ninja Boy STS 103
1 Olympia GEN 66
2 Pokemon Center Lady GEN 68

Items
3 VS Seeker ROS 110
3 Gardevoir Spirit Link STS 101
3 Fairy Garden FCO 100
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Level Ball AOR 76
4 Trainer Mail ROS 92
2 Evosoda GEN 62
1 Super Rod BKT 149

Energy
10 Fairy Energy GEN 83

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Hi everyone. I'm still relatively new to the game. The deck below is one I've been working on almost from the start. I plan on taking this to the Seattle regionals next year. I'm hoping some more experienced eyes can help improve it some more. My local league doesn't have much in the way of competitive players. So I have a hard time testing it and person. And right now on the online game I am sitting at about a 75% win rate. So any suggestions that might help improve it would be greatly appreciated.

Pokemon
3 Gardevoir-EX GEN RC30
3 M Gardevoir-EX GEN
1 Hoopa-EX PRO XY71
2 Xerneas STS 81
1 Xerneas Break STS
2 Remoraid BKT
2 Octillery BKT
1 Psyduck BKP
1 Golduck BKP
1 Golduck Break BKP

Supporters
2 Shauna GEN 72
2 N FCO 105
2 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Skyla BKP 122
1 Ninja Boy STS 103
1 Olympia GEN 66
2 Pokemon Center Lady GEN 68

Items
3 VS Seeker ROS 110
3 Gardevoir Spirit Link STS 101
3 Fairy Garden FCO 100
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Level Ball AOR 76
4 Trainer Mail ROS 92
2 Evosoda GEN 62
1 Super Rod BKT 149

Energy
10 Fairy Energy GEN 83

I'd consider dropping the Golduck line for 3x Fairy Drop. I'd also suggest dropping 2x Shauna and 1x Center lady for 3x Sycamore. Otherwise it's looking pretty tight.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 8, 2016
Well I have the golduck line in there to be able to move energies around. Replacing the XY aromatisse I used to run in the deck. So I'm trying to understand what the benefit of removing it would be. Especially as it's saved my butt several times. And also can you explain to me the reasoning behind replacing Shauna with Professor Sycamore?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Well I have the golduck line in there to be able to move energies around. Replacing the XY aromatisse I used to run in the deck. So I'm trying to understand what the benefit of removing it would be. Especially as it's saved my butt several times. And also can you explain to me the reasoning behind replacing Shauna with Professor Sycamore?

This game 100% relies on draw speed and early set ups now. Since there's no Shaymin you're going to want a way to draw into more than 5 additional cards early on.

Golduck is an additional line that you only run 1x of each part of. If even a single one of them is prized then it's just dead cards. Aromatise was a stage 1, it wasn't so slow to evolve into and you could run a 2-2 line a lot easier than you could with the Golduck 2-2-2 that it'd need to be consistent. Neither of your main attackers need much energy to attack and both simply rely on having that energy in play to do big damage, regardless of who its attached to.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Hands is right. I'd kill the Ducks and add more Sycamore. It's just a better card. If you somehow magically gain a Shaymin EX, use that somewhere, but don't go buying one.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Hands is right. I'd kill the Ducks and add more Sycamore. It's just a better card. If you somehow magically gain a Shaymin EX, use that somewhere, but don't go buying one.

I mean, come 2017 season we'll start to see some of the draw speed stuff drop but for now, as you say, Shaymin and Sycamore dominate the meta.

I hope to God come 2018 when STS drops that they don't reprint the Oak effect.

Back