Advertiser Content
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
49 posts
3.1 Years
Hi All. Once again, I have created a Pokemon hack that aims to balance the game. If you aren't familiar with some of my previous hacks simply look up Pokemon Balanced Edition and they will appear. The features in this hack are similar, but I will list them so that newcomers can see if this balancing concept appeals to them.

1. All 387 Pokemon are available,easier to catch, hold items more often, and give more Experience.
2. Honchkrow has been added to the game.
3. All Pokemon have revamped movepools, abilities and a BST(Base Stat Total) of 600.
4. All Pokemon have had their original Generation 3 Sprites and Icons replaced with newer ones, courtesy of MrDollSteak's Sugimori Pallete's Sprite Resource.
5. New Pokedex Entries have been added for Generation 3 Pokemon.
6. A few Pokemon have been re-typed, and Trade Evolutions have been removed.
7. Trainers are somewhat more difficult and their teams have more variety. They also give out more Money upon Defeat.
8. Moves have been revamped. Weak Moves like Ember now have priority like Quick Attack, Multi-hits deal more damage, Dragon type moves often have a low chance of inflicting either a burn, paralysis, or freezing, etc.
9. Pokemon Types have been revamped, Ice types have been buffed. Ice now resists Grass, Flying, and Normal types. Poison type moves are now super effective against Water types.
10. EV Training Spots have been added to the game:
Spoiler:
RUSTURF TUNNEL-HP
Weedle
Whismur
Cleffa
Delibird
GRANITE CAVE 1F-ATTACK
CHARMANDER
MAKUHITA
ZUBAT
GEODUDE
MAWILE
FIERY PATH-DEFENSE
NUMEL
MAGBY
MACHOP
TORKOAL
SLUGMA
KOFFING
CYNDAQUIL
PETALBURG WOODS-SPECIAL ATTACK
BULBASAUR
PARAS
SHROOMISH
POOCHYENA
SLAKOTH
WURMPLE
CHIKORITA
TAILLOW
MT PYRE 1F-SPECIAL DEFENSE
SHUPPET
DUSKULL
MISDREAVUS
UNOWN
NEW MAUVILLE 1F-SPEED
VOLTORB
MAGNEMITE
ELEKID
PORYGON
VOLTORB
ALTERING CAVE ALL STATS
MEWTWO
MEW
CELEBI
JIRACHI
DEOXYS
LATIAS
LATIOS
LUGIA
HO-OH
KYOGRE
GROUDON
RAYQUAZA

11. The National Dex can be obtained early by talking to an NPC in Oldale Town.
12. TL's Quick Enhancer has been used to make a Pokemon's stats colored based on its nature. The Quick Enhancer has been used for a few more things as well (Physical Special Split, etc.)

Credit for Sprites: MrDollSteak's Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource
Tools used:
YAPE: Silver314
Advance map: LU-HO Poké
Move Editor: FinalZero
Type Resistance Editor: FinalZero
Advance Trainer: Hackmew
Advanced Series: Wichu
TL's Quick Enhancer
My Discord Server: https://discord.gg/XmRcbNG

There are two Download Links: One contains the ips, a list of where you can find every Pokemon as well as their typing, a list of EV Training spots, and a Word Document containing every Pokemon's new BST (Base Stat Total)
Just the IPS: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9rl94abzfytz2x2/Emerald_Balanced_Edition_Version_%28B%29.ips
Version 1.01:http://www.mediafire.com/file/1w0d50fa82c4icb/Emerald_Balanced_Edition_Version_1.01_%2528B%2529.ips/file
The Bundle:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dc4vb0ikatvyyba/Emerald_Balanced_Edition%25282%2529.rar/file
Version 1.01 Bundle:http://www.mediafire.com/file/i6sx497bwv7trt7/Emerald_Balanced_Edition_1.01.rar/file

Feedback is appreciated! Whether you choose to give feedback and ask questions on here or on my Discord is up to you. I will also say that I would appreciate it if the first person to completely beat the game 100% would get in touch with me once they achieve 100% completion.
Have Fun!
Maker of The Pokemon Balanced Series, constantly seeking to perfect the balance within my games.
Male
India
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
27 posts
1.8 Years
I love the Steel/Dragon typing for Tyranita. I was dying to see someone implement this retyping for pseudo legendaries. There are some other interesting typings as well. I would love to see Fire/Water typing too. However, I am not sure how much the game dynamics will change by giving every Pokémon 600 BST. May be you should reserve this 600 BST for the final evolution only. You have not given any special typing for jhoto starters, why so?
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
49 posts
3.1 Years
I actually did create a hack where only the final evolutions had the same Base Stat Total years ago. But to me, First and Second Stage Pokemon are so popular, and the Anime promotes them so heavily, that it would be a shame if they weren't good. Most hacks overlook them.

Pokemon Emerald Balanced actually does have a Water/Fire type, Octillery. I did this because in the games Octillery can learn Flamethrower and Fire Blast, and also to add more variety to Water Types.

The Johto starters are the only starters in the game who don't have a secondary typing. I wanted at least one trio to be mono typed for the sake of originality, but also for Meganium, Feraligatr and Typhlosion, Mono type fits them well. I can't think of what secondary typing I could give them.
Male
India
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
27 posts
1.8 Years
I appreciate your POV. But still I would request you to create an alternative patch with just the fantastic Retypings and no BST changes if it is at all possible. I would really love it bro. But it's just my opinion please do not be offended. There are some modern features like IV perfecter, ability switcher, IV display, EV training spots, HM deletion etc; I wonder if you could implement these features gradually? I would be great if you could pull it off! Also,
Feraligator = Ice/Ground
Meganium = Fairy/Steel
Typhlosion = Electric/Poison with Levitate as ability.
My humble opinions!
Thank you.
Seen 30 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
15 posts
156 Days
Feedback is appreciated! Whether you choose to give feedback and ask questions on here or on my Discord is up to you. I will also say that I would appreciate it if the first person to completely beat the game 100% would get in touch with me once they achieve 100% completion.
What's 100% completion to you? Looks like a promising hack, will check it out soon.
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
49 posts
3.1 Years
100% Completion of Pokemon Emerald Balanced Edition is:
1.) All 386 (Honchkrow Excluded) Pokemon Caught and Trained to Level 100 within the PC
2.) Each Pokemon must have a Champion Ribbon, A Victory Ribbon, an Effort Ribbon, and a Contest Master Rank Ribbon of any category.
3.) All 7 Golden Battle Frontier Symbols obtained.
4.) Beat the Trainer Hill Once.
5.) Obtain the Silver Shield and the Gold Shield.
6.) Obtain the Glass Ornament.
7.) All 387 Pokemon must have a Champion Ribbon, A Victory Ribbon, an Effort Ribbon, and a Contest Master Rank Ribbon of any category.

The first person to achieve all of this and prove that they did so legitimately, without any sort of cheating, gameshark, etc. will get a 20$ Amazon Gift Card from me. If they are able to record their entire (or at least most) of their playthrough as proof instead (which would save me time) They would instead get a 50$ Amazon Gift Card, or possibly another gift card, maybe Netflix, if they so desire. (I hope Pokecommunity is okay with me rewarding the first player this way O.O)

Inner Rhymes

Male
India.
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
567 posts
2.1 Years
Hey! So I just came across and wanted to ask if you think this hack is suitable for Nuzlocking. Thank you!
Track Number 2 of my debut Mixtape, Venting Session Vol.1:
What's it like - https://youtu.be/Qxs6shEpHIo
A lot of emotions, thought and a bit of nostalgia went into the making of this particular track on the Mixtape.
Seen 30 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
15 posts
156 Days
Hey! So I just came across and wanted to ask if you think this hack is suitable for Nuzlocking. Thank you!
I would think so, the Elite 4 is surprisingly easy, and if you get your hands on 1 or 2 setup sweepers, you're likely to dominate NPCs. My Vigoroth proved that to be true.

Great game though, high replay value simply to try out other pokemon. My team was Vigoroth, Swampert, Alakazam, Sableye, Milotic, and Rayquaza (though I didn't use Rayquaza in the main game). With no grinding and EVs, I swept through Steven's team with just Rayquaza. I think Ancientpower is OP because it 100% raises all stats and that made Rayquaza sweep.
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
1 posts
290 Days
1.) All 386 (Honchkrow Excluded) Pokemon Caught and Trained to Level 100 within the PC
2.) Each Pokemon must have a Champion Ribbon, A Victory Ribbon, an Effort Ribbon, and a Contest Master Rank Ribbon of any category.
7.) All 387 Pokemon must have a Champion Ribbon, A Victory Ribbon, an Effort Ribbon, and a Contest Master Rank Ribbon of any category.

The first person to achieve all of this and prove that they did so legitimately, without any sort of cheating, gameshark, etc. will get a 20$ Amazon Gift Card from me. If they are able to record their entire (or at least most) of their playthrough as proof instead (which would save me time) They would instead get a 50$ Amazon Gift Card, or possibly another gift card, maybe Netflix, if they so desire. (I hope Pokecommunity is okay with me rewarding the first player this way O.O)
Can I cheat? (i.e. rare candies) I can't seem to find any awesome grinding spot to get everything to Lv. 100, which is proving to be a very daunting task
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
49 posts
3.1 Years
Sorry Demon Charizard and MrOrcaDood, but no form of cheating is allowed, including using glitches if you want to be eligible to win the Gift Card. Anywho, Version 1.01 is ready! There are many changes in this patch.
I've listed them all here!
Kabuto evolves at level 20 instead of 40.
Magikarp no longer learns Splash but instead learns Ancient Power.
Pikachu can now be found on Route 101. (1%)
Flareon Can now be found on Route 102 .(1%)
Vaporeon can now be found on Route 103. (1%)
Jolteon, Sneasel and swinub can now be found on Route 104. (1% for Jolteon and Sneasel, around 10% for Swinub)
Gastly and Chimecho can now be found in Petalburg Woods. (2% for Gastly and 4% for Chimecho)
Zapdos no longer learns Light Screen, but instead Learns Gust.
Cyndaquil no longer learns Smokescreen or Leer, but instead learns Defense Curl and Rollout.
Furret now learns Body Slam.
Luvdisc no longer learns Splash, but instead learns Hyper Voice.
Kingdra no longer learns Agility, but instead learns Gust and Dragon Breath.
Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Punch and Heat Wave now thaw a frozen Pokemon if they use the move.
Heat Wave now has +5% Accuracy. (95%)
Flame Wheel and Spark now are low priority moves. (-1)
Will-O-Wisp now has +25% Accuracy. (100%)
Water Sport now has Priority like Mud Sport, and both have more priority then they did originally.
Ancient Power has been revamped. It is now a low priority move, is affected by Snatch and Magic Coat, but now has double the amount of Power Points.
Double Team, Silver Wind, and Belly Drum all have lower priority.
More Pokemon learn Splash and Ancient Power, mostly well rounded ones.
Leer,Growl,Encore,Light Screen,Reflect,Haze,Mirror Move,Dream Eater, Flail, Reversal, Safeguard, Baton Pass,Memento,Nature Power,Yawn,Aromatherapy,
Fake Tears,Skill Swap,Camouflage,Metal Sound,Imprison,Refresh,Grudge, Recycle,Psych Up, Weather based healing moves and Wish all now have priority.
Kinesis accuracy is reduced (60%) but it now has priority.
Snore has been buffed, it now deals 110 damage but only has a 10% of making an opponent flinch.
Zap Cannon and Dynamic Punch have more PP (20). Dynamic Punch now Burns instead of confusing upon hit.
Dragonbreath has been revamped to work like fire blast, blizzard, etc.
Revenge now deals 75 damage.
Brick Break now deals 90 damage.
Secret Power now is 10% more likely to have an effect and deals more damage.
Sheer Cold has been replaced with a new move: Ultra Freeze. It deals 200% Damage and Freezes the opponent, but only has 50% Accuracy.
Fissure has been replaced with a new move: Ultra Quake. It deals 200% Damage and makes the opponent flinch, but only has 50% Accuracy.
Guillotine has been replaced with a new move: Ultra Splice. It deals 200% Damage and Raises the User's Attack, but only has 50% Accuracy.
Horn Drill has been replaced with a new move: Ultra Pummel. It deals 200% Damage and knocks the opponent' item off, but only has 50% Accuracy.
Frenzy plant now deals identical damage to Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon.
Volt Tackle and Double Edge now deal 1/4 recoil damage instead of 1/3.

In order to be eligible to win the contest for 100% completing Pokemon Emerald Balanced Edition you have to update to this latest version of the game.
Maker of The Pokemon Balanced Series, constantly seeking to perfect the balance within my games.

Zaderos

whaa am i doinn

Male
Portugal
Online now
Posted 11 Hours Ago
2 posts
182 Days

1-Why not add electivire and magmortar if you added honchkrow? Might aswell add all new evolutions for gen 3 and prior pokemons...

2-One request: can you please make remoraid avaliable earlier? I wanted to use octillery but it only appears in the postgame in the safari zone

3- Is there a list of all level-up move-set changes and move changes you've made somewhere? It's difficult to build a competitive team in this without that information

4-During the 100% challenge, can I trade with other games? And is the speed up button on emulator allowed?
One day I'll have a ROM hack of my own to link here, in the meantime...
Have a good day

Zaderos

whaa am i doinn

Male
Portugal
Online now
Posted 11 Hours Ago
2 posts
182 Days
I've added abilities, ev yield, evolutions and held items to the document you provided with types and locations... here it is: (just remove the space after .com)

mediafire.com /file/6df326g7ohnkk88/Pokemon_Emerald_Balanced_Typing_and_Location_List_-_C%25C3%25B3pia.rar/file
One day I'll have a ROM hack of my own to link here, in the meantime...
Have a good day
Advertiser Content