• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
They should be, I used them to create the update patches on the Drive recently. You're definitely following the steps correctly; I assume you're building a .cia file and installing the game via custom firmware? The problem you're having is typically caused by playing the game with X's title update installed. For some reason Gamefreak decided to include copies of the wild encounters and text files within the update, so they override the changes made by the hack. It's a similar story with the shop data, but they actually had a good reason for that one. Uninstalling the update should resolve the problem.

Deleting the update fixed it. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Damn not bad. I will get this one, if I know how to download this on my 3DS!
Thanks! I'll have a proper installation guide up soon.

Did you forget Nosepass? I can't find it in the doc
Looks like I did, guess I got rid of the horde encounter and forgot to add it to the regular encounters. I'll fix it in the next update, thanks for pointing that out!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Just updated the games to Version 1.2, which includes a step-by-step, start to finish installation guide and quite a few small changes based on player feedback. See the change log for details.

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
Years
Just updated the games to Version 1.2, which includes a step-by-step, start to finish installation guide and quite a few small changes based on player feedback. See the change log for details.
I just downloaded it again, and nothing appears to have changed; the files all read as having been updated on 3/30/2016.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I just downloaded it again, and nothing appears to have changed; the files all read as having been updated on 3/30/2016.
Apparently I forgot to update the code.bin files in all the HANS folders; I assume the mart changes weren't showing up? I've fixed that and double-checked the other updated files, it should all be there now. Sorry for making you download it all again!

Hmmm... Someone knows Pokemon ESsentials here?
There's an Essentials forum on here somewhere, but this is a hack of X and Y - not really the right place for discussing Essentials.

Lithobraker

Years
Apparently I forgot to update the code.bin files in all the HANS folders; I assume the mart changes weren't showing up? I've fixed that and double-checked the other updated files, it should all be there now. Sorry for making you download it all again!

There's an Essentials forum on here somewhere, but this is a hack of X and Y - not really the right place for discussing Essentials.
Did you change the documents? They're still the same to me, and all the files in the actual zip look the same, except for the folder they're all contained in, though the zip itself is listed as having been modified recently.
I'm using Wilting Y, by the way.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Did you change the documents? They're still the same to me, and all the files in the actual zip look the same, except for the folder they're all contained in, though the zip itself is listed as having been modified recently.
I'm using Wilting Y, by the way.
Oh wow, I completely forgot to make new documents. I've fixed that now too, hopefully everything is actually up-to-date this time.
Thanks for all your help by the way, these hacks would be a bit of a mess without you reporting all these mistakes.

Lithobraker

Years
Oh wow, I completely forgot to make new documents. I've fixed that now too, hopefully everything is actually up-to-date this time.
Thanks for all your help by the way, these hacks would be a bit of a mess without you reporting all these mistakes.
Thanks! The Item Changes doc is missing the data about the Flying Gems in Cyllage City, though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I meant all the item changes docs were missing it. The docs outside of the .zips have been changed, but not the ones inside. It appears that's it, though.
I re-uploaded the zips with the updated documents in them when I updated the individual documents, they should all be updated too.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 19, 2016
From all the X/Y hacks this seen the most fun/balanced, without changing the history and keeping the Pokes legal! Too bad I can't patch this for my life (keep gettings errors on the toolkit), but I hope I can play it one day! :)

Lithobraker

Years
Alright, so, I've gotten to Shalour City, and my Pokemon are all about 6 levels below Korrina's. I'm not quite sure what it is I'm supposed to have done for my Pokemon's levels to be on par with hers. In fact, the wild Pokemon and trainer battles have all been at or above my current level. Is that supposed to happen?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 20, 2016
Hi,i got a white screen when i start the game,i play on myboy android.anyone can help me?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
From all the X/Y hacks this seen the most fun/balanced, without changing the history and keeping the Pokes legal! Too bad I can't patch this for my life (keep gettings errors on the toolkit), but I hope I can play it one day! :)
Thanks! What errors are you getting? I might be able to help.

Alright, so, I've gotten to Shalour City, and my Pokemon are all about 6 levels below Korrina's. I'm not quite sure what it is I'm supposed to have done for my Pokemon's levels to be on par with hers. In fact, the wild Pokemon and trainer battles have all been at or above my current level. Is that supposed to happen?
What's your team at this point? A one or two level difference can happen sometimes but six is definitely not intended. Trainers and wild Pokemon should be close to your level, but not above it. Did you leave the EXP Share on the entire time? The level curve is designed around it being on throughout the entire game, there shouldn't be any need to grind to keep up. If you do need some extra experience you can always go to the Battle Chateau.

Hi,i got a white screen when i start the game,i play on myboy android.anyone can help me?
Myboy can't run 3DS games unfortunately.

Lithobraker

Years
Thanks! What errors are you getting? I might be able to help.

What's your team at this point? A one or two level difference can happen sometimes but six is definitely not intended. Trainers and wild Pokemon should be close to your level, but not above it. Did you leave the EXP Share on the entire time? The level curve is designed around it being on throughout the entire game, there shouldn't be any need to grind to keep up. If you do need some extra experience you can always go to the Battle Chateau.

Myboy can't run 3DS games unfortunately.

Yeah, it's been on the whole time, and my team only consists of six Pokemon.
I notice the trainer battles don't give me a whole lot of EXP at all. I'm getting roughly 700ish per Pokemon at this point, I think. I'm now up to Ramos, and facing the same disadvantage- Hawlucha is about Level 37, same as my Charizard, and these two are the highest on my team. Has the experience modifier affected the trainer battles? The docs aren't very clear about that.

Last edited:
Back