• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

AMA ask the pinkest sheep

Years
CloudyPinkDinosaur-small.gif

because AMAs are the in thing right now
ask away!!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Do you like Shears?
Would you mind being sheared?
Have I annoyed you inquiring about FTE?
Would I be evil trying ulterior motives to get you to signup?
Am I a Spaceball?
Are you a Spaceball?
Why Bob?
Favorite Pokemon?
Favorite Pokemon Type?
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or main series game?

Years
what was the most invaluable life lesson youve learned?

Probably taking any job you have seriously. I'd hear so many people say how 'dead-end' jobs like retail and data entry don't matter and there wasn't a need to get too worried over mistakes (I'm naturally a tense, anxious person, so I'd have these things told to me more often to help calm me down when I'm under stress) or take issues that happen in those workplaces seriously. But from my experience, that is completely wrong. The connections you make in your jobs, regardless of what they are, are incredibly important...sometimes more so than a college degree. I'm glad I worked hard in all the jobs I've had and earned the respect of (most) of my co-workers and supervisors. Has helped me build a stronger network of people I can reach out to if I am looking for a new position.

CodeHelmet said:
Do you like Shears?
Would you mind being sheared?
if done the right way, yes! pls be gentle with the shearing though, and only sparkly pink clippers may be used
giphy.gif

CodeHelmet said:
Have I annoyed you inquiring about FTE?
Would I be evil trying ulterior motives to get you to signup?
Truthfully? Yes. I have so little time for my existing roles and can barely keep up with video games and other hobbies. Maybe in the future. :< But nagging me more about it isn't magically going to give me more time lol
no ulterior motives!!! unless you can cut my job commute time from 1.5-2 hrs to 20 minutes!!! then i will Graciously Accept your offer

CodeHelmet said:
Am I a Spaceball?
Are you a Spaceball?
wat

CodeHelmet said:
You forgot Bill!
Because he's a great person who never fails to make me smile and laugh. Incredibly bright, thoughtful, and considerate, too. I could honestly go on and on but I'll try not to turn this thread into a sappy mess because I will not be able to stop at that point :droplet:

CodeHelmet said:
Favorite Pokemon?
Currently, Poipole and Mareep are tied! Second place is Diancie (she is literally me in the movie), and third is either Deoxys, Cinccino, or Flareon. sweeties i tell ya

CodeHelmet said:
Favorite Pokemon Type?
Easily electric....closely followed by ghost and grass. :>

CodeHelmet said:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or main series game?
Main series! I'm ashamed to say that Gates to Infinity was the only Mystery Dungeon game I've played, and I have heard people say it was nowhere as good as previous titles in the series. Have played maybe 20-30 minutes of Red Rescue Team years ago though, but nowhere near enough to get a feel for the game. Maybe I'll pick up Explorers of Sky with all the compliments it has gotten......

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Does being an administrator give you a different perspective on the website? Such as a greater appreciation you might not have as a normal user?

Years
Does being an administrator give you a different perspective on the website? Such as a greater appreciation you might not have as a normal user?

Definitely. I find myself appreciating the little things a lot more....like members following all the rules in the username change request thread and private messaging me if they want to ask whether an exception could be possible rather than assuming and posting straight in the thread. People don't realize how exhausting it can be as a staff member if you have to diffuse arguments and other difficult situations, especially since it can often result in not-so-pleasant responses from people involved when we take action against them. Staff are people too and we volunteer our time because we care about the forum. It's nice when we can moderate and people take it well and are understanding towards our messages/warnings. At times, nothing can be more stressful than dishing out a warning/infraction and awaiting the response.

That and being an administrator means I can see everything going on behind the scenes of course, some of which can sometimes be Not So Pleasant. Luckily, the higher staff team we have now are very receptive and work hard to improve whatever we can if something isn't working out (though there is obviously only so much we can do, given that a lot still falls in the owners/developers' hands). Can say it's definitely much, much better to be a higher staff member now than years ago as the teams generally all work well together and aren't afraid to be transparent if there is something we disagree with. Years ago the negativity that often spurred could really cloud your perspective of PC so it's nice that, this time, things are the other way around. Since I have access to all the team staff channels and forums it's really easy to see how well the entire staff team meshes, and how hard everyone works. Spurs me to do better myself and makes me love PC that much more. =)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
What are your least favourite Pokemon?

What specific subjects did you pick at school/uni? Any that you particularly enjoyed/hated?

And: what is your favourite colour? :V

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
What is your favorite and least favorite foods to eat?

I?m new to anime - what should I watch and why, based on your preferences?

What is your dream pet to have?

Years
What's the story behind your name?

Real name? According to mom, she wanted me to be named after Joan of Arc. The proper pronunciation of my name with how Russian people say it is the French pronunciation of Jean (where the J makes more of a jh sound) + uh, which closely resembles hers. =)

If username, Sheep just came to my head at some point and I thought it sounded hella cute so. perm online identity yay

What are your least favourite Pokemon?

What specific subjects did you pick at school/uni? Any that you particularly enjoyed/hated?

And: what is your favourite colour? :V

can't decide omg
i don't dislike the usually unpopular mons like jynx and mr. mime; am more neutral on them
but like....what is the point of binacle and barbaracle??????? like why

Creative subjects were very fitting for me. I almost always aced English, Art, and History, while all the maths and sciences tended to be much more difficult. Very right side of the brain dominant aha. Most of my uni courses were graphic design and other artistic courses too, given it's what I majored in. Struggled getting through those math and science requirements. :<

pink (except hot pink ugh), yellow, orange, white if it counts....and all pastels! :3c

Is cotton candy one of your most favorite foods? XD (had ta ask....pink mareeps look like cotton candy to me lol)

I actually haven't had cotton candy in so many years but yes, it is delicious!!

What is your favorite and least favorite foods to eat?

I?m new to anime - what should I watch and why, based on your preferences?

What is your dream pet to have?

Am a huge fan of pasta, especially with melted cheese, and can probably live off of it. There are just so many yummy dishes you can make with pasta/macaroni. Sushi too, if that counts! Favorites being philadelphia and dragon rolls. As for least favorite.....most seafood. /: Clams, oysters, squid, mussels, etc are all foods that really gross me out. Some years ago I decided to try calamari and threw up not long after so that didn't help matters lol. I do enjoy salmon and shrimp is all right too, plus I enjoy raw fish in sushi, but anything else I'd rather not get near.

Probably going to give you cliche responses here but anyone new to anime absolutely has to try 1) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It is an absolute masterpiece that will tug at your heartstrings. Characters and story are all so incredibly well-developed, it's insane. The pacing is also great. It'll probably set a high standard though given how great it is, but it is definitely worth watching.

2) If you don't mind longer series (100+ episodes), Hunter x Hunter (2011) will be a very great experience too. The animation is consistently incredible, characters and world are massively unique, each arc (especially the further along you get) sweeps you with many different feelings... This show is more dear to me than you can imagine, and I urge anyone interested in kickstarting their anime watching to give it a try.

a fennec fox. or a ferret. both are a loooot of work (and illegal here) but man they are precious ; ;

My turn to ask you, haha!

Favourite character of Pokeani and what do you think of Lillie?

Lillie is my favorite! :D But I also adore Steven, Illima, N, and Lana because they are all hecka awesome in their own ways. Lillie is just amazing because she's so considerate and kind, plus tends to behave in overly polite ways and get shy easily, which reminds me a lot of myself.

Do electric pink sheep dream of androids?

i swear i will read that book one day
but no this electric sheep dreams of getting more sleep.

Years
What if...

You turned into a dragon. How would you react and what kind of dragon would you be. o:

I'd actually be very happy. If I could be a cool yet cute dragon with wings akin to Flygon or Altaria, I'd take to the sky and adventure! Lots of beautiful things to see. I'm hopeful whatever dragon I'd become would have wings though....and maybe be a bit smaller in size, since being more compact makes it easier to explore. :> So ideally small flying dragon. If I can be a bit greedy, then please make me cute and kinda fluffy too.

What kind of magical girl would you like to be? :D

Definitely one closer to Cardcaptor Sakura, just without the card element. Weapon of choice would be a wand/rod and I can cast aaaalll the magicks, especially elementals like wind, ice, etc!! that sounds incredibly fun

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Hi Janna :D

What would be your next favourite farm animal, after the sheep?

Do you enjoy reading? If so, what do you like to read?

How much do you feel like you've changed as a person?

Also I support your anime recommendations wholeheartedly <3 Favourite characters from FMA: Brotherhood and Hunter x Hunter?

Back