• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 9, 2022
The enemy Mega Evo only works fine with the first Pokémon in enemy's party.

Yeah, the opponent has a Blastiose in their party, and it's the only Pokemon they have. But it still doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
For the life of me I just can't get this working.
So far I've been using ROM Bases that already had the Mega Evolution code compiles as cheap solutions but I would really like to be able to normally use the original code instead. I recorded the whole process that I make to get it working and no matter what, the Mega Evolution icon never shows up.

As y'all can see: I've gave myself the Pokémon I want to Mega Evolve, the keystone item, the item that should trigger the Mega Evolution (and it's hex/dec opposite, just in case), I also set the value of the vars 4011 and 4012 to 0x161 and even though I equip any of the 2 items to Bulbasaur, it just can't Mega Evolve. Where did I screwed up? ;_;

EDIT: Fixed it. Made a PGE INI adding the Mega Evolution as an evolutionmethod and when I tested, the Mega Evolution triggered just fine.

Last edited:

Go! Squirtle

Squirtle master is here
Years
Can any one explain me how mega evolution is loaded into a battle? Please. I am doing and implementing a awesome thing for fire red.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Here's my animation for Mega Evolution!

XgMgzfb.gif

-Snip-

I'd love to get this working since the Mega Evolution looks ugly with the curse animation.
Thing is though, that I'm already having a hard time with the first step, I might be retarded.
"Where: XX 28 is the index for 'Mega Evolution Rainbow Particles'"
How am I supposed to find said Index?
I just opened the 3 pics with HxD, copied them and pasted them in 3 free offsets of my ROM because I thought I would have to change some pointers and such.
I've put them like this:
71A3D0 - Mega Stone Particle.bmp
71AC60 - Mega Evolution Symbol Particle.bmp
71AF00 - Mega Evolution Rainbow Particles.bmp

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I'd love to get this working since the Mega Evolution looks ugly with the curse animation.
Thing is though, that I'm already having a hard time with the first step, I might be retarded.
"Where: XX 28 is the index for 'Mega Evolution Rainbow Particles'"
How am I supposed to find said Index?
I just opened the 3 pics with HxD, copied them and pasted them in 3 free offsets of my ROM because I thought I would have to change some pointers and such.
I've put them like this:
71A3D0 - Mega Stone Particle.bmp
71AC60 - Mega Evolution Symbol Particle.bmp
71AF00 - Mega Evolution Rainbow Particles.bmp

You have to insert it with unLZ the images can't be copied straight from their HxD. Index is at the end of the particle table.

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Does this work in double battles? I want to create a battle where two trainers send out Charizard (Y) and Houndoom, and both of their respective pokemon mega evolve. I was thinking it would be pretty cool to have Y set sunlight with drought and have Houndoom's solar power activate for a pretty exciting battle.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Does this work in double battles? I want to create a battle where two trainers send out Charizard (Y) and Houndoom, and both of their respective pokemon mega evolve. I was thinking it would be pretty cool to have Y set sunlight with drought and have Houndoom's solar power activate for a pretty exciting battle.
According to Bulbapedia:
In any battle, each Trainer may Mega Evolve a single Pokémon once. Mega Evolution is essentially a free action a Pokémon may make in addition to its normal move, but if a Pokémon will not use a move, it cannot Mega Evolve. Mega Evolution occurs before most actions except switching. A Mega-Evolved Pokémon will only revert back to its original state if it faints or the battle ends; if it is switched out, it will remain Mega Evolved.
And this project was designed to replicate how it works in the original games so... The answer is no.

Years
1. can this be implemented into a rom that one has expanded pokemon already?
2. is there somthing to expand items?
3. is there a video tutorial for this?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
So.. let's see..
I followed MrDollSteak's Adding New Custom Particles Tutorial.
Then I proceeded to change these lines of the \MegaEvolution-master\src\animscript.s file:
Code:
	.equ ANIM_XX, 0x27a3
	.equ ANIM_YY, 0x281b
	.equ ANIM_ZZ, 0x27d8

So they would point to the new particles like this:
Code:
    .equ ANIM_XX, 0x2831
    .equ ANIM_YY, 0x2833
    .equ ANIM_ZZ, 0x2832

This was the result:
2017-09-04_06-37-53.gif

Then I've read this: "I think those must be the particle index + 0x2700."

So I changed the lines like this, because trying wouldn't kill me or anything.
Code:
    .equ ANIM_XX, 0x5531
    .equ ANIM_YY, 0x5533
    .equ ANIM_ZZ, 0x5532

I got a freeze, like this:
2017-09-04_06-53-48.gif

Then I thought: "Am I retarded? I just used 0x, ffs!"
So I changed the values like this:
Code:
    .equ ANIM_XX, 0x4F31
    .equ ANIM_YY, 0x4F33
    .equ ANIM_ZZ, 0x4F32

And I got a freeze. Again.
2017-09-04_06-53-48.gif

So, could someone please write an understandable/easy-to-follow guide on how to put the correct particles to the Megaevolution?
Pleeeeeeease. PLEEEEEEEEEASE.

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
So.. let's see..
I followed MrDollSteak's Adding New Custom Particles Tutorial.
Then I proceeded to change these lines of the \MegaEvolution-master\src\animscript.s file:
Code:
	.equ ANIM_XX, 0x27a3
	.equ ANIM_YY, 0x281b
	.equ ANIM_ZZ, 0x27d8

So they would point to the new particles like this:
Code:
    .equ ANIM_XX, 0x2831
    .equ ANIM_YY, 0x2833
    .equ ANIM_ZZ, 0x2832
You were on the right track with this. The issue is probably coming from the particles not being inserted correctly. Try re-expanding your particle table and reinserting your particles. If that doesn't work, instead of changing the particles in the source code, compile the original source code, and change the particles manually once the code is inserted (just replace every instance of 1b 28 for example in the mega code with your new particle).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
For people using G3T (Gen 3 Tools)

Download G3T from here: download
Download this from my dropbox: download

Once you have G3T installed, go into its folders and find the folder titled "customisation"
HwklE0Q.png

Drop my file into customization, and overwrite the old one (or rename the old one)
MN8MkVM.png

Go into G3T and click on the pokemon you want to mega evolve.

Over on the right hand side, you will see evolutions.
1nb9Ii6.png

(the bottom should read "1 are primal reversions, and 2 are wishes"

On condition, click the drop down menu, and scroll all the way down to the bottom (Mega Evolution)

Where it says "Nothing required" this is where you place the item ID for your mega stone. IE Blastoisinite, etc.
These must be created by you. I recommend using "Complete Item Editor" download Please note that this # is NOT in hex. You must place the full non hex item ID.

Where it says "evolve to" you need to place the pokemon that you're mega evolving into. This should also be done with this program, and please note that while you can have it evolve into any pokemon, its best to create one in a new space. Be sure to hit "edit" on the bottom right before you move to another pokemon.

The pokemon you create should have most of the same things filled out as the pokemon you're having evolve. Such as base xp, xp growth rate, egg groups, etc. I believe keeping the HP the same is also important. Every other stat should be editable.
icWS7jK.png

The last thing you need to do is to set the mega evolution to evolve back into the pokemon it was previously. IE for blastoisinite, blastoise would evolve into mega blastoise. Now we set mega blastoise to evolve into blastoise, only on "nothing required" we leave it at 0. This part is very important, otherwise your pokemon won't revert back after battle.

EDIT:
For people who want to use Gen III Hacking Suite

Download Gen II Suite: download
I have set up something to allow you to be able to use Gen 3 Hacking Suite for this as well. It requires you to go into your Gen III suite folder, click on "Pokeroms" and locate your version (BPRE) and highlight this entire part:
srIEigq.png

then copy and paste this over it:
Spoiler:

Using gen 3 hacking suite looks a lot nicer and its better for Mega evolutions, but it doesn't handle primals or wishes. It should be pretty self explanatory. You go into evolutions, select an empty slot. Scroll down on the evolution type to "Mega Evolution", select the item your pokemon needs to be holding, and then select the pokemon it will mega evolve into. You need to do the same with the Mega evolution, only leave the item as ????????? (item ID 0)

please re-upload the G3T files.

Back