• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
Probably a dumb question but, do caught Deerlings/Sawsbuck change appearance seasonally or do they stay the same? I'm assuming they change, which stinks..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Probably a dumb question but, do caught Deerlings/Sawsbuck change appearance seasonally or do they stay the same? I'm assuming they change, which stinks..

Yeah they change :( But not if you keep them in your Pokemon box until that season occurs again! XD And no it's not a dumb question :)

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I believe it should work; if not, then tough luck.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
How can you get more people and Pokemon to appear in White forest?

"The appearance of White Forest is dependent on the number of people currently residing there. When the player enters the forest for the very first time, the total number of residents is determined by the number of days it took the player to reach White Forest. The number of residents can be between 0 (low occupancy) and 10 (maximum occupancy). In addition to visual changes, some wild Pokémon will only appear with a certain resident.
At maximum occupancy White Forest contains large trees, several water surfaces and many patches of tall grass. At low level occupancy the trees are smaller, there are fewer or no water surfaces, and patches of tall grass are sparse. The Mayor's House and Pokémon Center are present regardless of how many people reside in the forest.
When using the Entralink feature to visit another player's White Forest or Black City, the player can invite people to come to White Forest to increase occupancy; this can enable new items and wild Pokémon to be found."

From Bulbapedia. =D

Years
What are some good moves I could teach my Haxorus? Right now it's moves are:
Dragon Claw
Dragon Tail
Sword Dance
Guillotine

And I feel that it's moves aren't useful or strong enough.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Those are some nice moves but you could teach it outrage as it has a lot more power than Dragon Claw and Dragon tail ^_^

To be more specific, I would replace Dragon Tail with Outrage, because it's mostly useful as a move to switch Pokemon out, which you won't really bother with in-game. I'm also not a fan of OHKOs, so if I were you I would be switching out Guillotine with something like Earthquake, Shadow Claw, Poison Jab, or Rock Slide.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

To be more specific, I would replace Dragon Tail with Outrage, because it's mostly useful as a move to switch Pokemon out, which you won't really bother with in-game. I'm also not a fan of OHKOs, so if I were you I would be switching out Guillotine with something like Earthquake, Shadow Claw, Poison Jab, or Rock Slide.
Earthquake is probably the best move to go with from that list as it takes care of pesky Steel types which dragon type attacks are weak against.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
Alright, I have another sort of question...

I'm thinking of restarting my Black game so I can get to Black City much faster and have it full, however, I am having trouble with ideas for a team.
Generally I like to spread it out, try to have as few pokemon as possible sharing a type.
The types I generally always get are the basics (fire, water, grass, flying), which flavor mixed in, either through dual-types or just extra pokemon.

Out of the starters, I will probably box whichever I select, and I will be sending myself a Larvesta (Volcarona) egg to fill up the Fire spot of my team, as well as bug.
I just cannot decide what else to use... I think maybe getting a Deino as well, and possibly using Snivy or Petilil as my grass type (Grass being one of my least favorites, and the rather limited selection).

Anyone have any ideas as for what else I could use for water/flying/etc? Version exclusives are eligible as I can trade them over.
(Sorry this is so loooong...~)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I'm thinking of restarting my Black game so I can get to Black City much faster and have it full, however, I am having trouble with ideas for a team.
Generally I like to spread it out, try to have as few pokemon as possible sharing a type.
The types I generally always get are the basics (fire, water, grass, flying), which flavor mixed in, either through dual-types or just extra pokemon.

Out of the starters, I will probably box whichever I select, and I will be sending myself a Larvesta (Volcarona) egg to fill up the Fire spot of my team, as well as bug.
I just cannot decide what else to use... I think maybe getting a Deino as well, and possibly using Snivy or Petilil as my grass type (Grass being one of my least favorites, and the rather limited selection).

Anyone have any ideas as for what else I could use for water/flying/etc? Version exclusives are eligible as I can trade them over.

I love Hydreigon a lot. :x

My Ferrothorn with Power Whip (120 Power and STAB), plus its high defenses, make for a great addition to my team. I wouldn't trade him for anything, highly recommended.

As far as Flying, I always thought Archeops was interesting, but haven't gotten the chance to try him. I use a Braviary but that 140 base attack and 110 speed combo is very tempting.

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
my braviary moves are air slash, crush claw, sky drop, and slash. what moves should i teach it?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
my braviary moves are air slash, crush claw, sky drop, and slash. what moves should i teach it?

I have the same moveset but with Fly instead of Slash. Strangely enough, it can also learn Strength, which retains the STAB of Crush Claw but has 5 more power. Braviaries can move boulders...?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

Hmm...well, i'm not completely sure, but for both Water and Rock types you could have Carracosta, or perhaps Archeops for Flying/Rock. I did something similar to this a few days ago in school, and one of my teams was something like this:

Emboar|Sawsbuck|Galvantula|Haxorus|Archeops|er...I forget what went here but I think it was a water type...

So that would give Fire|Fighting|Normal|Grass|Bug|Electric|Dragon|Flying|Rock|And whatever else the last pokemon was. That's at least 10 types there.

For your team...
Volcarona|Hydreigon|Sawsbuck|Carracosta|Golurk|Mienshao?
That would give you Fire|Bug|Dark|Dragon|Normal|Grass|Water|Rock|Ground|Ghost|Fighting - 11 different types.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
I love Hydreigon a lot. :x

My Ferrothorn with Power Whip (120 Power and STAB), plus its high defenses, make for a great addition to my team. I wouldn't trade him for anything, highly recommended.

As far as Flying, I always thought Archeops was interesting, but haven't gotten the chance to try him. I use a Braviary but that 140 base attack and 110 speed combo is very tempting.

I was thinking of Archeops, its ability makes it scream "glass cannon", but, I love glass cannons... Also, Ferrothorn's abysmal speed stat makes me wary of using it =I

I'd get rid of Air Slash, Braviary's sp.att is VERY low, probably give it aerial ace, fly or strength instead.

I have the same moveset but with Fly instead of Slash. Strangely enough, it can also learn Strength, which retains the STAB of Crush Claw but has 5 more power. Braviaries can move boulders...?

That was my strength slave before, the only difference is Crush Claw has less PP, 5 less power, and 50% chance to lower target's defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back