• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Civilization IV Beyond the Sword - The Misadventures of Donavannj!

Years
Next update commence!

Update 35 - New Cities
Spoiler:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Got to love having the most culture, so you can sneer at those uncultured boors. And Longbowmen are the best, especially when you're the first to gain access to them.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Gotta love Elizabeth. By endgame, you're ROLLIN' in the dosh AND you get the friggen REDCOATS, which make you friggen awesome in late mid. Great for cultural victories, since you can Great Library/scientist rush the necessary techs and go straight for Redcoats after that, then concentrate on culture for pretty much the rest of the game.

Years
Got to love having the most culture, so you can sneer at those uncultured boors. And Longbowmen are the best, especially when you're the first to gain access to them.

I doubt I was the first to get access to them, though I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

Gotta love Elizabeth. By endgame, you're ROLLIN' in the dosh AND you get the friggen REDCOATS, which make you friggen awesome in late mid. Great for cultural victories, since you can Great Library/scientist rush the necessary techs and go straight for Redcoats after that, then concentrate on culture for pretty much the rest of the game.

I've never really been fond of playing as the English (I like to have culture generate without me having to invest too much money). Then again, I haven't really played as the English since I got the game 6 years ago.

Update should be ready hopefully by the end of next weekend!

Years
Update 36 - Putzing about on beginning of turn things:

Spoiler:

Years
Huh, so you have open borders with the 2 mean dudes? :C

I have open borders with EVERYONE I KNOW.

Not really sure why, either.

Update 37 - Unnecessarily Shouting:

Spoiler:

Alrighty then. 16 more updates to post. 15 of which still need to be uploaded to Photobucket.

Years
No replies means I can't update as fast, people. :x I suppose I could alternate posting with this account and my alt account, but that's got some questionable standing within the rules

Update 38 - :
Spoiler:

Years
Open Borders with everyone!

Kinda sucks that you get outvoted though y 2 of the more aggressive civs out there. xD

Keep churning out those Longbows...you will need them for defense. xD

Years
Open Borders with everyone!

Kinda sucks that you get outvoted though y 2 of the more aggressive civs out there. xD

Keep churning out those Longbows...you will need them for defense. xD

I do dislike that strategy, though. Open Borders with everyone, that is.

And I had no control over whether they received my religion or not! >:(

Yes I will... very much so.

Update 39 - :

Spoiler:

Depending on whether I get any replies, Update 40 will come either within the next 24 hours (assuming I get replies), or it will come in 3 days or so (if I don't get any replies).

Years
I dunno, the sucky thing I've learned is that you have to suck up to the Aggressive civs unless you have overwhelming military strength since they always sacrifice economy for military which puts things at a disadvantage. xD

Years
I dunno, the sucky thing I've learned is that you have to suck up to the Aggressive civs unless you have overwhelming military strength since they always sacrifice economy for military which puts things at a disadvantage. xD

Or, you could, y'know, have both a power economy and a power military. Because it takes the latter to support the former and still have decent science output.

Update 40 - Meeting New People:
Spoiler:

I'd like to get as many updates up as I can this weekend, so keep replying so I can do so, please and thank you!

Years
Looks like someone was spybombing you there at the end. Who might be behind that? Is it Saladin's revenge? A new kind of Napoleonic aggression? Someone entirely else?

Years
Looks like someone was spybombing you there at the end. Who might be behind that? Is it Saladin's revenge? A new kind of Napoleonic aggression? Someone entirely else?

If I had to put money on it, it's probably Napoleon. I really am not sure, though.

Update 41 - Branching Out the Military:

Spoiler:

Years
Well you're quite right about that I guess. But ya gotta hit them early I would think...Or not overexpand too much.

I've noticed it's been fairly quiet after that war with Napoleon...any thoughts as to where the next flareup might start?

Years
Well you're quite right about that I guess. But ya gotta hit them early I would think...Or not overexpand too much.

I've noticed it's been fairly quiet after that war with Napoleon...any thoughts as to where the next flareup might start?

I know exactly when the next flareup will be... I just have 12 more updates including the one below in this post before I get there and can start playing this save file again.

Update 42 - NO FREEBIES FOR YOU GANDHI:

Spoiler:

11 Updates to go! Let's see if we can get 4 updates in a single day. :P

Years
No replies? :(

Update 43 - Saladin Takes Me for a Fool:

Spoiler:

Years
Great to see you're still doing this Let's Play, not so great to see Napoleon are ahead ;;

Not terribly much I can do about that at the moment, other than to ramp things up, which you'll see within the next month or so, ideally, once I get caught up on updates and get back to playing this save game (I'm only posting one update per post so as to not murder people's modems, mind).

Update 44 - At Least Somebody Doesn't Take Me for a Fool
Spoiler:

45 will come later today if I get any replies. Otherwise, it won't come until next weekend.

Back