The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Scripts & Tutorials
Essentials Script FRLG UI/Menu Pack

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old June 24th, 2018 (7:00 PM). Edited August 7th, 2018 by silentgamer64.

As the title suggests, I've recreated various UI and Menus seen in FRLG. Some of these menus actually used to be available in Essentials, but have since been long gone due to the menus not being properly scaled for the newer default screen size.

This pack contains the following UI/screens:

- FRLG Battle Screen
    Spoiler:

Notice how the move's PP changes color the more it is used:

The party preview has also been changed to reflect the FRLG style:

- FRLG Box Storage Screen
    Spoiler:

FRLG never displayed abilities, but I felt that info was too important not to show:

Here's what a filled box looks like, as well as a held item on a Pokemon:

I've also included almost every box wallpaper from FRLG as well as the ones from RSE.

- FRLG Move Tutor Screen
    Spoiler:
    This is just a more simplistic screen, nothing too fancy:

- FRLG Party Screen
    Spoiler:

Swapping Pokemon:

And yes, the screen supports double battles:

- FRLG Summary Screen
    Spoiler:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    Resources for each screen are located in separate folders. This is mainly for organizational purposes but also allows people to pick and choose which screens they want to use.

Each folder contains pictures that go straight into your picture folders. It also contains text files with contents that you can copy/paste directly into your script sections. The text file names match the script sections they are to be copied to.*

*NOTE:
    If you are using the summary screen, the script titled MoveDescFix can be pasted into a new section above Main. This script is required for the summary screen to work! Shoutout to Marin for providing this script as a fix for the offsets of move description lines in the summary.

DISCLAIMERS:
    - For some reason choosing a Pokemon from your party outside of battle will sometimes make the screen think there is a double battle. This bug is mostly harmless and only appears in specific instances like for the Daycare and Move Tutor.

- While not shown in the provided screenshots, I have also included the type icons from Gen 3 for the Box Storage, Move Tutor and Summary Screens. Fairy type icon is not included.

- These scripts have ONLY been tested in Version 16. Attempting to implement them into Version 17 will be done at your own risk. That being said, the image resources can still be used but scripting will have to be done separately if compatibility is an issue with later versions.

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/3m1yj5ealy9e5a1/FRLG+UI+Menu+Pack.zip

Credits:
    - MoveDescFix created by Marin
    - Essentials scripts modified by SilentGamer64
    - Images pulled from Essentials 2012 and re-scaled by SilentGamer64
    Old June 25th, 2018 (5:03 PM). Edited June 25th, 2018 by NeoPlayerX.

Are you can do it for Version 17?
      Old June 26th, 2018 (4:46 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by NeoPlayerX View Post
        Are you can do it for Version 17?
        Possibly in the future, I started with v16 because that's what I'm using for my own game and upgrading to v17 would be too much extra work with all the script changes I've already made.

Fortunately half the work (the menu images) is already done, so all I would have to do is look at and change the scripts.
        Old August 6th, 2018 (8:01 PM).
        Chicken Nugget

Nature: Hardy
          I'm using v17. For some reason the fight options are always centered. Anybody know how to fix this?
          Old August 7th, 2018 (4:59 AM). Edited August 7th, 2018 by silentgamer64.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Chdonga View Post
            I'm using v17. For some reason the fight options are always centered. Anybody know how to fix this?
            It isn't compatible with v17 as I said in the OP. You can still use the UI images from my pack but you will have to use the vanilla v17 code and change the positioning values manually.

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to make a v17 compatible version at the moment.
            Old August 7th, 2018 (2:43 PM).
            Chicken Nugget

Nature: Hardy
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by silentgamer64 View Post
              It isn't compatible with v17 as I said in the OP. You can still use the UI images from my pack but you will have to use the vanilla v17 code and change the positioning values manually.

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to make a v17 compatible version at the moment.
              I was actually working on a FRLG UI before I found this thread. You've saved me quite a bit of work.

I'm modifying vanilla v17's scripts and I'm seeing a pretty good amount of success. I can't seem to find whatever value is causing the text anchor point to always be in the center. A lot of comparing and contrasting is involved. I'll keep tabs on this thread in case I finish it.
              Old August 8th, 2018 (6:36 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Chdonga View Post
                I was actually working on a FRLG UI before I found this thread. You've saved me quite a bit of work.

I'm modifying vanilla v17's scripts and I'm seeing a pretty good amount of success. I can't seem to find whatever value is causing the text anchor point to always be in the center. A lot of comparing and contrasting is involved. I'll keep tabs on this thread in case I finish it.
                I used https://text-compare.com/ a lot when looking at how the old v12 Essentials scripts handled the UI compared to v16.

Feel free to release your resource as a successor to mine if you finish it. Mine is already kind of outdated anyways since it's only for v16. Good luck!

Quick Reply