Scripts, Tutorials & Tools This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old March 10th, 2018 (1:17 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atlas22b View Post
    How do I make it so that all Pokemon have birthsigns, specifically gift and trade Pokemon? When I receive my starters, they don't have any birthsigns. (I have Wild Birthsigns set to true, btw.)

Thanks! =D
    You can just give the individual Pokemon a birthsign in the event script. Same way you set its stats, nature, shininess, etc. Check the coding section under the "Useful Things to Know" heading in the first post. I listed ways you can do this somewhere in there.
    Old March 12th, 2018 (10:48 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lucidious89 View Post
      You can just give the individual Pokemon a birthsign in the event script. Same way you set its stats, nature, shininess, etc. Check the coding section under the "Useful Things to Know" heading in the first post. I listed ways you can do this somewhere in there.
      Thanks a bunch! =D
      Old June 21st, 2018 (5:40 PM). Edited June 21st, 2018 by Lucidious89.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Cephix View Post
        Amazing script! Im sure to use it in my own fan game, however I have a question, is it possible to randomize the birthsigns for all bred pokemon as well? If not maybe an option to add a sign for each day of the week, im an impatient person, having to wait a month for a new one or reset the game to a desirable one is slightly annoying ^^;
        It's cool if you can't, was just a small suggestion. It's tons of fun to play around with the birth sign powers!
        Yes, something like that is possible. First thing you have to do is locate this line in the Birthsigns script:
        Code:
        #=============================================================================
          # Applies corresponding Birthsign upon hatching
          pokemon.setZodiacsign(Time.now.mon) if ZODIACSET!=0

From there, you can change it so that your hatched Pokemon inherit signs differently. If you'd like to change it so that hatched Pokemon inherit a random sign out of your zodiac, then you can change the line to this:
        Code:
        pokemon.setRandomZodiac if ZODIACSET!=0

Or, if you'd like them to inherit a random birthsign out of all possible birthsigns, regardless of zodiac, then you can change it to this:
        Code:
        pokemon.setRandomSign if ZODIACSET!=0

If you'd like something more specific, like linking specific signs to specific days of the month, you can do something like:
        Code:
        if ZODIACSET!=0
          pokemon.setBirthsign(1) if Time.now.day==0
          pokemon.setBirthsign(2) if Time.now.day==1
          pokemon.setBirthsign(3) if Time.now.day==2
          pokemon.setBirthsign(4) if Time.now.day==3
          pokemon.setBirthsign(5) if Time.now.day==4
          #...etc, etc
        end

You could also feasibly have different signs inheritable based on whether it's night or day when the egg is hatched, or combine several factors. Like say:
        Code:
        if ZODIACSET!=0
            if Time.now.mon==12
              if Time.now.day==23
                if isNight?
                  pokemon.setBirthsign(12)
                else
                  pokemon.setBirthsign(30)
                end
              else
                pokemon.setZodiacsign(Time.now.mon)
              end
            else
              pokemon.setRandomZodiac
            end
          end
        This is a silly example, but with this you'd be able to have hatched Pokemon inherit 'The Wishmaker' sign on Christmas Eve during the nighttime, or 'The Alchemist' sign on Christmas Eve during the daytime, otherwise it will inherit whatever December's normal zodiac sign is....but every other month is random. But this gives you an idea on how flexible it can be if you really want to get complicated with it. However, I recommend keeping it simple, otherwise the mechanic starts to feel too cumbersome.

Play around with it, and see what works best for your game. I know waiting for a specific month of the year can be a bit of a pain if you want more leeway in your customization options, but this is why I added methods to get around this in my Events script add-on, as well as incorporating FL's Unreal Time script as an optional addition. Check those out too if you want more options.

Also it's worth keeping in mind that if you change how or when particular birthsigns are obtained, it's probably worth reflecting those changes in the Pokemon's birthsign page (in the Summary), as well as in the Birthsign Journal. Otherwise the player will have inaccurate information.
        Old July 4th, 2018 (3:27 AM). Edited July 4th, 2018 by Cephix.
        The Eternal Phoenix :.

Nature: Modest
          Wow it's super cool! Settled with daily signs, that way people do have a way to pick their signs without waiting too long.

But there is no way to make wild encounters do the same is there?

Also when using the Zodiac Powers script together with the EliteBattleUI, when selecting moves it's completely blank. Even if I use the script to make it compatible. Tried all styles in the EliteBattleUI and when I picked the essentials style, I could at least see the moves but the selection arrows where one step above or something. Moves where highlighted a row above and the bottom row was completely grayed out.

It's mostly just a visual bug because I can still pick and choose attacks even if I don't see them.

Old July 5th, 2018 (3:49 AM).

Quote:
            Wow it's super cool! Settled with daily signs, that way people do have a way to pick their signs without waiting too long.

But there is no way to make wild encounters do the same is there?

Also when using the Zodiac Powers script together with the EliteBattleUI, when selecting moves it's completely blank. Even if I use the script to make it compatible. Tried all styles in the EliteBattleUI and when I picked the essentials style, I could at least see the moves but the selection arrows where one step above or something. Moves where highlighted a row above and the bottom row was completely grayed out.

It's mostly just a visual bug because I can still pick and choose attacks even if I don't see them.
            It should be possible to do the same thing with wild encounters. Find this section in the birthsigns script:
            Code:
              # Birthsigns for wild encounters
              if ZODIACSET!=0
                if WILDBIRTHSIGNS==1
                  # Generates wild Pokemon with the current month's sign
                  genwildpoke.setZodiacsign(Time.now.mon)
                elsif WILDBIRTHSIGNS==2
                  # Generates wild Pokemon with random zodiac signs
                  genwildpoke.setRandomZodiac
                elsif WILDBIRTHSIGNS==3
                  # Generates wild Pokemon with completely random signs
                  genwildpoke.setRandomSign
                else
                  # Generates wild Pokemon with no sign
                  genwildpoke.setBirthsign(0)
                end
              end
            And above "else" type in "elseif WILDBIRTHSIGNS==4", followed by the same code you used to incorporate daily signs for hatched Pokemon (except using "genwildpoke" instead of "pokemon").

Remember to set your WILDBIRTHSIGNS toggle to 4 at the top of the script afterwards.

As for the Zodiac Powers script, that's something I'll have to test out myself. I'm away from home for the week, so ill have to get back to you on that. It's possible Luka updated his EliteBattle script recently, and my compatibility script is out of date and needs to be changed.
            Old July 5th, 2018 (5:13 AM).

Works like a charm! Thanks a bunch! Is there a way to make one of the birthsign values to be random? There are 30 signs and for months with 31 days, I got atm it set to 0 which is no sign. Maybe a silly thing to have "a day of chaos" or something. :P

Old July 5th, 2018 (7:50 AM).

Quote:
                Works like a charm! Thanks a bunch! Is there a way to make one of the birthsign values to be random? There are 30 signs and for months with 31 days, I got atm it set to 0 which is no sign. Maybe a silly thing to have "a day of chaos" or something. :P
                Yeah, use "setRandomSign", as shown in one of my examples in my first response to you.
                Old July 5th, 2018 (8:00 AM).

Of course! How stupid of me. Well thanks a bunch. An amazing script nonetheless :)

Old August 16th, 2018 (12:34 AM).

I'm not sure if this has been made clear before or if I've missed it, but how do I assign a Birthsign onto a gift Pokémon like a starter?
                    Old August 16th, 2018 (6:18 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mashirosakura View Post
                      I'm not sure if this has been made clear before or if I've missed it, but how do I assign a Birthsign onto a gift Pokémon like a starter?
                      Check the "Useful Things to Know" section in the first post. I list a ton of things in there to help with things like that.
                      Old August 16th, 2018 (3:12 PM).

I tried assigning it using that and all it did was crash the game so i'm not sure if i did it right
                        Old August 16th, 2018 (3:19 PM).

Quote:
                          I tried assigning it using that and all it did was crash the game so i'm not sure if i did it right
                          Post what you're putting in the event. Sounds like you're using it incorrectly.
                          Old August 16th, 2018 (3:31 PM).

Quote:
                            Post what you're putting in the event. Sounds like you're using it incorrectly.
                            Old August 16th, 2018 (3:57 PM).

Quote:
                              You have to define what "Pokemon" is first. I put it in italics in my post as a placeholder, because there's a million ways you could write it.

For example, writing it as
                              Code:
                              $Trainer.party[0].setRandomZodiac
                              Would make the Pokemon in party slot 1 have a random zodiac sign applied.
                              Old August 16th, 2018 (4:00 PM).

Quote:
                                You have to define what "Pokemon" is first. I put it in italics in my post as a placeholder, because there's a million ways you could write it.

For example, writing it as
                                Code:
                                $Trainer.party[0].setRandomZodiac
                                Would make the Pokemon in party slot 1 have a random zodiac sign applied.
                                Ah ok, that can work for the starter, but how can i do it for other gift Pokémon that are received later?
                                Old August 16th, 2018 (4:05 PM).

Quote:
                                  Ah ok, that can work for the starter, but how can i do it for other gift Pokémon that are received later?
                                  There's a variety of ways that can be done. Look at the sample events that come with essentials (in-game trades and gifts and such) to see what works best for you. Use those as a model.
                                  Old September 27th, 2018 (10:16 AM).

nice work adding the celestials and other things shame essentials seems to be a bit buggy with some of the alt form scripts got tonnes of ideas using these scripts in my game

i take it refering to the trainers sign is still a no go?
                                    Old September 27th, 2018 (11:14 AM). Edited September 27th, 2018 by Lucidious89.

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by p.claydon View Post
                                      nice work adding the celestials and other things shame essentials seems to be a bit buggy with some of the alt form scripts got tonnes of ideas using these scripts in my game

i take it refering to the trainers sign is still a no go?
                                      Depends what you want out of the trainer signs. They still don't actually DO anything (im open to ideas if you have any - I havent thought of anything interesting that i wouldn't rather put on the actual Pokemon themselves). The trainer signs are determined simply by your adventure start time though, so I suppose you could call on them if you really wanted to, since calling on the adventure start time is possible.

So you could probably just do something like:
                                      Code:
                                      PBBirthsigns.getName($PokemonGlobal.startTime.mon)
                                      for example, if you wanted to get the name of the player's sign. But other than calling for its name, I don't know what else you'd need to call it for.

Maybe something like:
                                      Code:
                                      $Trainer.party[0].setBirthsign($PokemonGlobal.startTime.mon)
                                      to give the Pokemon in party slot 1 the same birthsign as its trainer, as an example.

That's about all I can really think of doing with it. Ive thought about changing this so that the player can input their actual birthday and have their player sign based on that instead, but it seems like too much work for something that is currently nothing but cosmetic.
                                      Old September 27th, 2018 (2:55 PM).

well my idea was to have it be used for certain poke evo and would determin other events in game that dont have much effect in the gameplay or story but would result in changes depending on the sign. in general could be an alternate way to activate the zodiac powers or feild abilities (that they either need the stone and/or the trainer needs a corresponding sign
                                        Old September 27th, 2018 (6:24 PM). Edited September 27th, 2018 by Lucidious89.

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by p.claydon View Post
                                          well my idea was to have it be used for certain poke evo and would determin other events in game that dont have much effect in the gameplay or story but would result in changes depending on the sign. in general could be an alternate way to activate the zodiac powers or feild abilities (that they either need the stone and/or the trainer needs a corresponding sign
                                          Sounds like a lot of that could simply be done by calling on the player's starting time (specifically, the month) like I showed in my examples. Since like I said, the player's sign and the adventure start time are effectively the same thing. Like maybe setting up an if-then statement where it says something like "if starting month is February, then Pokemon X evolves into Pokemon Y." You don't even need the Birthsign script to pull something like that off.
                                          Old September 28th, 2018 (10:24 AM).

yh i hadnt realised you could do that either untill you showed it
                                            Old September 29th, 2018 (7:54 AM).
                                            Mashirosakura Mashirosakura is offline

Hmm...How does capturing Vymm & Vygor work, since it's a double battle? Considering you can only catch one pokemon during a double battle.
                                              Old September 29th, 2018 (9:21 AM).
                                              Lucidious89 Lucidious89 is offline

Quote:
                                                Hmm...How does capturing Vymm & Vygor work, since it's a double battle? Considering you can only catch one pokemon during a double battle.
                                                Yeah, you can only capture one of them. They both have the same sign and thus both have the ability to bestow the same blessing, so it's a matter of preference I guess in which one to catch.
                                                Old September 29th, 2018 (10:57 AM).
                                                Mashirosakura Mashirosakura is offline

hmm...well I suppose I can figure a way of getting both of them.
                                                  Old September 29th, 2018 (11:14 AM).
                                                  Lucidious89 Lucidious89 is offline

Quote:
                                                    hmm...well I suppose I can figure a way of getting both of them.
                                                    If you'd like. I guess I sort of intended for them to be almost like a version exclusive sort of deal, where you pick one to catch and then have to trade to get the other. I know that doesn't necessarily translate into a fangame that well. But I guess there's nothing stopping you from having them appear separately. Like maybe after capturing one, the other can be found again later in its own isolated quest in a single battle.

Quick Reply