• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Rocket Invasion (WIP) Beta 0.3

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 14, 2022
Pokemon Rocket Invasion (Beta 0.3)

Introduction
Pokemon Rocket Invasion is a game that follows Team Rockets invasion and growth in the Bento Region. You play a grunt who will rise through the ranks of Team Rocket, eventually becoming an Admin and in charge of your own base. Main missions will involve expanding power throughout the region. Side quests will give you further options to explore areas and receive extra rewards.

Features
Stealable Pokemon: The are very few areas where wild Pokemon are available. As such you'll have to steal as many as you can. You have access to rewards the more Pokemon you steal.

Missions: Unlike Main series Pokemon games, your quest is not to challenge Gyms and beta the Elite Four. You will be carrying out missions for Team Rocket to help them expand their interests in the Bento Region. You will be rewarded not only for completing the mission but how well you complete the mission. Some missions will have you completing tasks like causing mayhem to allow other operatives to complete their objective. Others may have you collecting fossils or resources for Team Rocket. Not only will you have your main story missions, but also side quests that let you explore more of the world and get extra rewards.

Brand New Region: Explore the Bento Region a brand new adventure. The Bento region has many towns and caves etc to explore, not every area is directly linked to the main quest and you may only have access to certain areas after certain story missions or base upgrades.

Dark Pokemon: Based the Pokemon TCG set. You will be able to access Dark Pokemon. These Pokemon are more aggressive in nature after undergoing scientific experiments. They differ in color, stats, typings and abilities. So far there are only 6 available Dark Pokemon. However, more will be added in future updates.

Rocket Points: These will signify the increasing influence of Team Rocket in the B[ento region. The more you perform actions in line with Team Rockets goals, the more Rocket Points you will receive. You will be able to access the Team Rocket Quartermaster who will be able to provide better quality items the more Rocket Points you receive. Certain conversation options will allow you to use your Rocket Points to show Team Rocket's influence.

Choices Matter: So earning Rocket Points is important, but certain choices may backfire if you try to extort the wrong person. As an example, you might be able to rob a PokeMart, getting a good deal of items in the process. However, the PokeMart may not be able to continue business and as such you will no longer be able to buy items from them. In essence, being evil will usually gain you some reward, but sometimes you might get a better reward being nicer.
Unless you save beforehand, you will not be able to go back on your choices.
In certain cases, choices will have a big impact on the story, which allies are available and access to side quests.

Mission UI: After you have received your Pokegear and first Pokemon, you'll receive your Mission UI which allows you to track your quests and gives you hints on how to proceed.

Triple Triad: Those of you who love Card Games, Triple Triad is a fairly big thing in this game thanks to the creators of Pokemon Essentials adding it. There is currently 2 side quests revolving around Triple Triad. The game will now track your wins and losses and you'll be ranked based on your score. In future Betas I will be adding tournaments and rewards tied to increasing your player rank.

Additional Functions: Speed Up button and very limited controller support (see below)

PokeGear:As alluded to previously. Your call function will allow for you to access additional features such as Triple Triad Rankings and info. Also you can access your Mission UI and check your Pokedex from the PokeGear. You can also chat to various characters you meet.

And More: I have added some Gen6/7/8 Pokemon and custom-ish trainer sprites for player characters. I am very new to sprite art, but hope to improve over the course of development.

Other Information

Beta 0.3 runs up to the end of the Dark Pokemon Mission (6 Main story missions) plus additional side quests. Approx 5/8 hours (no speed up) and 2 Gyms. As this game is still in Beta there are possibly some game breaking bugs so save often.

Controller Support: I have enabled VERY LIMITED CONTROLLER SUPPORT. So far I have been able to make a Xbox 360 controller work with the game. I have not attempted any other controllers as I do not own any. I understand that it should work with any XINPUT controller, but Xbox 360 controller is your best shot. The buttons are not remappable and the inputs can be slightly unresponsive. I have managed to do 2 full playthroughs with few issues with the controller. you will likely need to be near your keyboard for certain functions in game.

Controls
B= Confirm/interact
Y=Menu
LT/RT=Run

I do understand that these controls are limited. If I am able to improve them I can, however the script I am using is very outdated and has not been supported for years. It is just here as an option. You can still use keyboard as normal.

Speed Up Button: This is here for people who have played the game already or for long battles. I would not recommend playing the game with this on all the time as it makes it less fun. You can activate the speed up by using the F key. There are 3 settings: Normal, 2x and 3x speed. In testing, I found crashes happened more frequently. This cannot be remapped.

Fast travel: Fast travel has been added towards the end of the Beta. To access it you press the M key and select and option. This also cannot be remapped.

Discord: I have created a Discord Server for the game. I will be trying to update regularly with sneak peaks asking for input from people. It will also be another forum to report any bugs.

Known bugs
Error message shown in double battles when trying to catch the last Pokemon. Does not cause crash as far as I'm aware.
Double battles: cannot target Pokemon to catch when 2 on the field.
minor graphical and textual errors
Credits

Special Thanks -
PokéCommunity​

-
Pokémon Essentials -
Maruno
Peter O.
Flameguru
(Everyone involved with Pokemon Essentials)

Additonal:
The Gen 6 DS Style Sprite Team/ Sun and Moon Sprite Team/Gen 8 project spriters
Thundaga
Kaliser
Akizakura16!
Lotusking
WilsonScarloxy
SailorVicious
Magicscarf
Kyle Dove
UltimoSpriter

The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Gamefreak

To everyone who has played the game so far and been really nice.

Attachments

• 835.png
    835.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 25
  • trainer000.png
    trainer000.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 22
  • trainer001.png
    trainer001.png
    2 KB · Views: 20
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 53
  • trainer004.png
    trainer004.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 14, 2022
I'm in the process of uploading the Beta now. There are a few bugs that I'm struggling to fix at the moment, but they don't make the game unplayable.

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Here is the error i get with playing the game

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 21
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 26, 2020
hey i started playing the game it is nice but when you go to the town in the upper right corner near where the kid is stnading there is a blank space and int the hideout near the scientist i can walk on the table

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I found this bug, everytime i talk to the quartermaster dude about the rocket points, right when he's about to give me his pokegear number the game freezes and then gives me this error

https ://imgshare.io /image/ tjRax

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
(remove all the spaces, i cant post links cause i still havent made 5 posts yet)

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 14, 2022
@gwess this is a syntax error in the way I've programmed the shop. I will need to edit this. Apologies

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 14, 2022
So it turns out, I'm a dumdum. I uploaded a really early version of my game. So now I have finally figured that out, I've actually uploaded the full Beta with all 3 missions. Sorry to anyone who has already played.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Just wanted to ask about evolutionary methods, how can i get a Steelix? Level up Onix with a metal coat or i need something else?

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 14, 2022
Most evolutionary methods should be the same, I have removed the need to trade. All trade evolutions will evolve by level. At the moment for this early Beta, Steelix isn't available just because you need to be fairly high level to get Steelix.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
I really like how the game is going. The one I think would think would be neat it battles where you can't catch the trainers pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 14, 2022
Thanks, it's something I'm looking into, but I need to figure out how to do it really. I'll be honest scripting isn't my strong suit

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Cool also does feebas evolve by level up or with the Prism Scale in this game?

Back