• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creating New Event/NPC overworld animations?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2019
I want to bring some life to my NPCs, I understand you can use the Animations script to animate events to show exclamations, sparkles, grass rustles and things like that, but with only 7 default options, our choices at the moment are severely limited.

Say I wanted to add a new emotion other than exclamation to this list? Perhaps a speech bubble with profanity '!@#' or maybe even some attack animations for Pokemon's overworld sprites battling in a park. How would I go about adding these to the animation selection? I can see where the files are saved in the animation folder, so I know it is drawing from those resources (although I did notice there seem to be multiple animations per png image?) Is there a turtorial for this?

For clarity's sake these are the animations I'm talking about. How do I expand to these?
RAEhRvV.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
You have to use RMXP's internal animation editor. Go in the Database (F9) and select "Animations".

You can find some additional animations in UD's resources thread (here), an explanation of how to set them up is available.

Back