• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nameless Tile Map Editor [NTME]

Years
Alpha 2 links are both dead x_X

EDIT: NVM, the one on filefactory seems to be revived again...

Last edited:
Years
So I guess I don't get any credit? It's all big bad D! Well my Alpha4 of Cyclone is already better than this... Still in progress. I will be working on it probly as soon as I get my programming enviourment back.. Working on ChaosBlack full time again anyway. I EXIST!!! PH333R!@!

Jamiras843

Dee-dee-dee
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
awesome work. I love how simple it is, i'm not bad at hex editing but i'm lazy :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 27, 2016
Dont know how to use NTME

ok well im really new with all this and i have no idea how to even get started. can someone help plz??

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
This thread's been dead for over a month, and the questions in the last post weren't answered, so I'm closing this. The Simple Questions thread in ROM Hacking can be used for any questions about this tool.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Thanks for opening the thread Cirno!

Expect an [S-HIGHLIGHT]update[/S-HIGHLIGHT] soon! (I hope it'll be soon..)
Now; just get excited or something! :P

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Can't wait to see what new features will be added(Working multiple tile select)It's been hell with these other tilemap editors, and PTC is complete crap with saving images, and with enlarging the selecting red sqaure thingy :\

Whatever you do bring, it'll be good. So there, good luck!

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Thanks cooley!

I continued working on NTME (intensively) a good week ago.
The '[S-HIGHLIGHT]palette mapper[/S-HIGHLIGHT]' is finished I guess. And I just finished the [S-HIGHLIGHT]RMP (Sphere Map File) loading[/S-HIGHLIGHT] :)
I'll continue working on NTME 'tomorrow' (actually today, as it's kinda late).

Stay tuned!

EDIT:
I'll try to post some preview screenshots once I got some sleep :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here you go, some 'preview' screenshots.
I'm actually thinking about whether or not I should ask some people to beta-test NTME =/
Oh well..
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Preview screenshots: 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

[!!] Suggestions are welcome through PM.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Anyways of just selecting multiples tiles, likegrouped blocks of 4 tiles (if that makes sense to you), tilemap drawing takes too long and I'm lazy, anyways. It's great tilemap editor :), Keep at it, and hope to see an update :)

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Well... That function is INCLUDED ALREADY !
Next thing I'll work on is, well.. flipping when selecting multiple tiles.
So you can flip the whole selection or just flip the tiles.
AND, if you want to beta-test NTME.. send me a PM :) First 5-10 people (I don't know) I think are 'capable' of truly testing NTME and report bugs can!

Ah, yes.. what do you guys think of a new name? Named TileMap Editor maybe? :P

EDIT:
8 beta-tester spots taken!

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Thanks!

This is what the beta-testers get right now.
Tonight I'll work on the multi-tile-select flipping, as that doesn't work right now XD

EDIT:
Could not do that due to some computer problems.. (I'm in safe mode right now :()
Will work on it later today though :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

BUMP:
Oh, I forgot to tell you.. it's done.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I was one of the privileged few to beta test this tool and I must say that it's great.
The new multi flipping feature works as well as the pallete mapper. With this tool a was able to make several tile maps in minutes. I recommend downloading this program when it is released. You will not be disappointed.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I was one of the privileged few to beta test this tool and I must say that it's great.
The new multi flipping feature works as well as the pallete mapper. With this tool a was able to make several tile maps in minutes. I recommend downloading this program when it is released. You will not be disappointed.

^^
That, I have to say my testing experience with this new and improved tool is amazing. D-Trogh, I couldn't find a single bug and everything worked perfectly and excellently for me. I'm sure about the other testers but I will be using this again and again.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I also tested NTME, and I gotta say, I only found one little bug, that only happens on my PC... lol, but it does not affect the program's functionality, and it still works amazingly!

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Just updated the first post with the new version attached!
Have fun with it, and now.. send all those bugs in a PM!

Back