• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Eclipse Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I love the look of the game! You've done a good job meshing the tiles together.
However, what I really want to know is how Hurricane will work as an HM!?

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
I can't wait to see more of this project! I really like the subtle palette change to the mansion/library tiles - it makes them pop out a bit more.

I guess Hurricane will propel the player upwards, to reach certain places?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Thank you for the comments, everyone!

The Hurricane HM will be mainly used for unblocking entrances to caves which are covered by leaves, like in the screenshot below. Cut could also be used like this instead but I got this idea from Golden Sun, if anyone's ever played it. :p It can also be used for unearthing Pokémon that are either stuck in the ground or hidden in sand. It's likely going to be essential to progress in the story and you will need a badge to use it outside of battle, the 7th one according to my planning so far, but that might change. If not, then it's going to be obtainable later, as I want caves that can be accessed with Hurricane to contain rare items or Pokémon.

tHnygEH.png
vz5AAwi.png

And now, question time! Matthew, the first Gym Leader, is the son of Brandon, the Pyramid King of the Battle Frontier, which is why the interior of his gym is identical to the Battle Pyramid. As of right now he uses Ground-type Pokémon, but I'm considering changing him to a Ghost-type Gym Leader. What do you think? The starter is Shinx, by the way.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Hurricane sounds awesome as a HM, now that you mentioned Golden Sun.

And since the starter is a Shinx, it would be easier for the player to win against a Ghost type gym leader, so I say, go for the Ghost-type gym.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
tHnygEH.png
vz5AAwi.png

And now, question time! Matthew, the first Gym Leader, is the son of Brandon, the Pyramid King of the Battle Frontier, which is why the interior of his gym is identical to the Battle Pyramid. As of right now he uses Ground-type Pokémon, but I'm considering changing him to a Ghost-type Gym Leader. What do you think? The starter is Shinx, by the way.

Definitely change it to Ghost-type! Ground-type sounds like a nightmare for a first gym, plus the Battle Pyramid tiles seem like they'd suit either a Ghost or Fire-type leader better than Ground. Plus, you could use Cofagrigus, which would just be perfect for a pyramid.

Years
Shinx as the starter and Ground Type as the 1st gym, that's a very big no-no.
Change it to a Ghost Type!! :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Please give Shinx it's respectable electric/dark typing in this hack, this dual typing should have been implemented in the original games to begin with...

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Definitely change it to Ghost-type! Ground-type sounds like a nightmare for a first gym, plus the Battle Pyramid tiles seem like they'd suit either a Ghost or Fire-type leader better than Ground. Plus, you could use Cohagrigus, which would just be perfect for a pyramid.

I had actually planned this gym before 5th generation, Yamask/Cohagrigus would work great for the gym!

Please give Shinx it's respectable electric/dark typing in this hack, this dual typing should have been implemented in the original games to begin with...

Not to Shinx, maybe Luxray, I haven't considered changing typings in this hack yet. But maybe eventually. I would definitely be up for an Electric/Dark Mega Luxray though. :P

Making the first gym a ground type poses a great challenge early in the game, if Shinx is the starter. I like a good challenge! Keeping it ground wouldn't be a bad thing for me. :P

That was the reason I'd chosen Ground type gym, and there's a fair amount of grass and water-type pokémon available before it. The gym's town also matches with the type as well. But if I'm going for Ghost-type, it's certain that I'll be using Golett (Ground/Ghost), it matches the pyramid theme as well!

Sooo I'm probably going to go for a Ghost-type gym then. In order to make the town match its gym, I'm putting a graveyard at the route to the right, where the library is. I'm also considering having a haunted mansion/house instead of the library, or both. I'll also have to adjust the story events happening there to include the graveyard/mansion as well. Expect updates on this soon!

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
Oh god!!

I love Golden Sun, so that makes me like this even more.
Don't know why I didn't think of Golden Sun before...

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Interesting hack you got here. IM fairly interested in this Dream World you're going to be adding into the game. I'll be looking forward to that. I love post-game content, especially in hacks. You've gotten my attention with that. Good luck adding all 721 Pokemon. Is that possible? Or does it only take extending the rom? Im a sucker for FR/LG graphics, I love the map screens so far. Good luck Christos.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
This has to be the worst looking hack I have ever seen, I mainly say this because I have not been added as a Feedback and Tester even though my advise and constructive criticism is second to none. So yeah worst hack 2015 award :)

On a serious note this does look like a possible 2015 Hack of the year if it is completed in a Christos making manner. I can't wait to play some more of it, (before everyone else ofc).

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
This looks great!.

But, It's going to have the move split from the 4th gen?

Yup, plus a lot of new moves from the newer generations, Fairy type, and hopefully a lot of the newer items and abilities.

Interesting hack you got here. IM fairly interested in this Dream World you're going to be adding into the game. I'll be looking forward to that. I love post-game content, especially in hacks. You've gotten my attention with that. Good luck adding all 721 Pokemon. Is that possible? Or does it only take extending the rom? Im a sucker for FR/LG graphics, I love the map screens so far. Good luck Christos.

The ROM has to be expanded but it's definitely possible. :)

A small update, the first gym is now Ghost type and has a new Gym Leader (credits to cuddlesthefatcat)! A graveyard has also been added to the east of Coral town, where you have to go after obtaining your first gym badge. Can you guess which HM you're going to need? :p

iB0K4Hx.png
lcQyJY4.png

CosmicBlazer

Batman
Years
Based on the rocks I see that the player would have to climb I would guess the Hm would either be Surf or Cut? Maybe Flash? But i'm positive that we need Surf for this.

Years
Well logically Cut because Cut is the first HM that is usually given and used within a hack or official game, however the name is Coral Town leading me to believe it's water related like Surf and Waterfall.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
i have a few question
how many legendaries will there
how many regions will be there
will there be new feature like hidden grotto or black and white repeal system or mega evolutions

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
Years
From the details given as well as the screens, I think there is a level of promise here with this hack. Hope you stick with it and everything goes smoothly.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
i have a few question
how many legendaries will there
how many regions will be there
will there be new feature like hidden grotto or black and white repeal system or mega evolutions

I don't really have an answer to any of these questions but I am hoping to include a lot of legendaries and one or two regions. I'll probably be using a repel system like Black/White but I don't think I'll be having hidden grottoes.

After obtaining your first badge, you get to use HM Rock Climb outside of battle, I wanted to go something different than Cut/Flash, and it's way too early for moves like Surf and Waterfall. Anyway a small update of a small new feature, the inn in Lapis Village. It'll be often visited by people from around all regions, which will be willing to battle you or give you items, the first visitor being Professor Oak, and more people coming as you progress and earn badges.

l4fx3CF.png
mjkYB0Q.png
FKT78Dh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back