• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphic✓] FIXED: Problem replacing gamefreak icons on Pokemon Fire Red

bitelaserkhalif

Falcon Punch!!
Years
I tried to replace the gamefreak logo that appeared on title screen with UNLZ GBA. However, after replacing it, the game softlocks in blue color right after copyright text, whilst it should say GameFreak. In another word, i did something wrong.
Add the bad luck factor, I unintentionally replaced backup file with problematic ones!;-;

On UNLZ GBA I did sort of repointing. Pallete is standard, unmodified. But I forgot the location of pointer.

However finding the bug seems to be pain in the head. It's hard to find errors. Plus the rom is also hacked quite alot and had the new map.

Anyone tell me why it happened? Here's a patch if anyone wanted to fix or give why it happened like that. (patch it to US Fire Red v1.0)

EDIT: After some head scratching stuff, I decided to sacrifice a Fire Red ROM. Then I wrote a bigger image for gamefreak logo. It said, too big, but i ticked automatic repointer. Then, using FSF I grabbed a free space offsets. UNLZ GBA said pointer located at 000ECB74, 0040BBD8 and it changed. Then, I took a problematic hack, finding the offsets, and replaced it to the standard offsets found on unlzgba. Then It worked.

It turns out offsets are wrongly positioned!! If you want to replace them, make sure the offsets ends with 0, 4, 8, C. Mine is at 2E5EA1, this is what caused this error. If the free space offsets is like this: 800000, you're good to go!
Why you may ask? Because 4 bytes! Much like this problem

From now on, the backup is renamed to prevent overwritings...

Attachments

• Problematic ones (Blaze Fire Red) (U).ips
    46 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back