• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club V 2.0

Mitchman

Banned
Years
But you won't explore the castle at all. You'll be thrown into the forest from say minute 30. A bit of training/prepping in the guard yard and then your lost in the forest. And the wagon part is the best! I loved TP for it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Link being a guard makes him aware.

Let's look at Ocarina of Time? Link has grown up in seclusion. The forest is all he knows. He has no concept of what the world looks like beyond the Deku Tree's barrier. He doesn't even know what a castle looks like.

Original LoZ? He ends up in Hyrule during his travels. Likewise, several of the side games put Link in a world he's never been in before (Holodrum, Labrynna, Termina. In the case of TP, he's on the outskirts of Hyrule).

Starting as a guard, at the heart of Hyrule makes Link too aware. He'd have encountered all kinds of tribes in his work, he'd know a fair bit about the world around him.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Stuck in Phantom Hourglass.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Stuck in Phantom Hourglass.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
Years
Link being a guard makes him aware.

Let's look at Ocarina of Time? Link has grown up in seclusion. The forest is all he knows. He has no concept of what the world looks like beyond the Deku Tree's barrier. He doesn't even know what a castle looks like.

Original LoZ? He ends up in Hyrule during his travels. Likewise, several of the side games put Link in a world he's never been in before (Holodrum, Labrynna, Termina. In the case of TP, he's on the outskirts of Hyrule).

Starting as a guard, at the heart of Hyrule makes Link too aware. He'd have encountered all kinds of tribes in his work, he'd know a fair bit about the world around him.

Yes, exactly. I like that childlike naitivity Link has when he starts the game and eventually matures as the game progresses. We wouldn't get the same affect if Link knew things. And its impossible to say he wouldn't. Link would have some knowledge.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Hmm... I guess everyone has their own interpretation of Link's character, and I suppose thats why some people might be more opposed to the idea of Link being a guard than others. I personally wouldn't mind it, but if it's going to make some people unhappy then Nintendo probably shouldn't do it.

In fact, come to think of it, the entire series is interpreted differently by different people. Like, some people think that the series is all about exploration, and some people (like me) think its about the puzzles, and some people think its about the characters, and there's probably other interpretations too... It must be hard for Nintendo to strike a balance and please everyone...

Poor Nintendo... :pink_no:

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
But if Link's a guard, wouldn't that make him kinda...like a tool of the Kingdom? Unless he's a Royal Knight, or something, I wouldn't like the idea of Link being a guard, I mean he sneaks behind guards in OoT.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
There's nothing wrong with Link being related to the knights. It's happened before. If you look beyond the canon and into the expanded universe, OoT Link's father was probably a knight.

In ALttP, Link was a descendant of the knights.

But he was not a knight directly. He just has herorism in his blood.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
The descendance doesn't matter to me, just Link being a direct knight. Ah well, Link will be link, no matter how many re-incarnate.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Sorry to change the subject, but I just wanted to let you all know that I'm working with a collaboration group on the recreation of OoT. By recreation, I mean we're recreating the entire story and putting it into LittleBIGPlanet.

So far, we've got an intro (not the best...but it's good enough and the gets the story across xD). This other person has also gotten all the sounds done (such as when an item in a chest is found, or you found a secret door or something of that like).

I've been assigned the recreation of Jabu-Jabu's Belly and I must say, I'm really excited as he is my favorite dungeon from just about any game. xD I'm also offering to do the Zora Domain part that takes place before you enter Jabu.

Now if you have no idea what I'm talking about (LittleBIGPlanet-wise)...then you can just ignore me. But if you either own LBP or you think you might want it, I think you should take a look at this once you get the chance. ;D

Mewtwo760

Gamer/Hacker
Years
I don't know if anyone has already put this... but does anyone know about any hacking tools for LOZ: Minish cap (It is one of my favorite LOZ games, and I'd really like to edit it a little that would be fun =D)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I don't.

I don't know what this could be. Can't think of any story-intensive franchise that Nintendo is willing to throw the towel in for.

My guess because it was trademarked in English, despite being from Japan.... would be that it's Retro's next project.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Could i join this club? I've played a lot of the major titles, and a fan of LoZ :D

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
And what if retro's project is this? Just saying cause I am open to any idea even this.
If it is Retro's next project, I'm seeing it as a new IP. Making "The Last Story" a subtitle to an existing series seems...not professional and would impy the end of a franchise.

Naming a new game or series "The Last Story" takes on a totally different meaning. After all, Final Fantasy was not the final fantasy XD

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
Years
Whatever it is, it doesn't seem too important or relevant. I'm not sure yet. Doesn't seem anything related to Zelda.

I love the Box Art for Spirit Tracks. So cute. I saw it at Gamestop the other day.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Anyone gonna pre-order Spirit Tracks? I sure am, I pre-order every new game these days.
Man, you can never find Minish Cap Hacking tools these days.
Oh, I'm making a LoZ fanfiction/manga. I might write it first, then draw it out. I'm still having some trouble with the title. here are my ideas: The Legend of Zero, or The Legend of Zelda: Orphaned Warrior.

Back