• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Something Weird!

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok some thing weird happened to me today, I have a field research and it was a lanturn, I know it didn't run, at least I didn't think they could, but some thing happened, I went back to re-encounter it and nothing, I quit the game and reset my phone, I got home at 6:45, went to encounter it and let it go til 7:10 or so, it was just a white screen, tell me, what has happened, how can I fix this?
Thanks, ~RNC~

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Well it finally went through for me and I caught a lanturn, but now some thing else, I bought the super incubator and it only lasted for 1 egg hatch, what should I do. Also is there a way to delete the special research tasks?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well it finally went through for me and I caught a lanturn, but now some thing else, I bought the super incubator and it only lasted for 1 egg hatch, what should I do. Also is there a way to delete the special research tasks?
Hm contact Niantic on the Super Incubator thing as that shouldn't happen.

Deleting the... Celebi tasks? Nope gotta do 'em :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Something similar happened to me except for me the screen turned blue with just the sky visible right when I first opened the research.

I didn't feed a berry as I haven't even seen the Pokemon, the research is considered open so I can still collect 3 new research, but I can't stack research anymore as stacked research disappear behind the bad one.

Also when I get the blue screen restarting the app is the only way to get rid of it. You can't delete completed research. Essentially I have a "Bad Egg" in the form of a research task.

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Something similar happened to me except for me the screen turned blue with just the sky visible right when I first opened the research.

I didn't feed a berry as I haven't even seen the Pokemon, the research is considered open so I can still collect 3 new research, but I can't stack research anymore as stacked research disappear behind the bad one.

Also when I get the blue screen restarting the app is the only way to get rid of it. You can't delete completed research. Essentially I have a "Bad Egg" in the form of a research task.

Mine finally appeared and I did feed a berry to it, as for the super incubator, niantic said that it could not have happened, but I know it did, there were bug issues in there at the time, so it might have been a bug, but nothing they can do for me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I tried opening the bad research today and was able to encounter the Porygon. Then one by one I got each of the Pokemon trapped behind it, 1 Mareep, 2 Pineco and 1 Miltank.

Back