• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Haunter Master said:
i know but i need to know if thats a real cheat
NO! I just made that up as a sarcastic reply.

shido said:
the list is by skinny green man and hasnt been updated for a long time ( atleast from what i can gather ) so i think it would be great if we did that with an updated list . if either of the owners or co-owners has a free web page you could have three pages one for each generation of pkmn and next to every pkmn have the name of the member(s) that have that shiny so that we can all try to complete the shc shiny dex , and co / owners should make sure taht who ever they add isnt a liar or cheat . see if we can complete the dex before d/p comes out next year ...!!!
I gave a bit of thought to having an offsite "SHC database," but it would have to be a server which I had full control over for what I have in mind, which I don't have. It's seriously unrealistic to think we might get a complete "shiny dex" before D/P, or even at all. (It's unreasonable for us, AN ENTIRE CLUB, to collectively obtain all the shinies, adding to the lunacy of expecting to get all of them by one's self.)

shido said:
seriously MM i think badges would be great lol dang it i want a cascade badge lol maybe for having a certain amount of that type OOOOOO wut about u get a badge for the specific shiny u have like for example you could give me a eevee badge WOOT!!!! lol jus brainstorming
This is a definite NO. We don't judge users based on how many shinies they own. Adding some sort of badge system or anything like that would brood bad feelings between members and encourage lying and such.

I've got Nanaimo to L40 versus pokes in Viridian Forest and the route next to Vermilion with Drowzees and stuff. No sightings.

Edit: It just occurred to me: there's a very important phenomenon that I should bring to light, to help keep the club from becoming too tyrannical in the future. It's something that could be called shiny inflation. Specifically, the standard by which we base what constitutes "a lot" of shinies for a person to own. Logically, as time passes and people continue to play their games, they'll find shinies. The expected value of the number of shinies a person owns will be directly proportional to the time they've been hunting for. The only complication in modeling shiny inflation is that people start/stop playing the games. They lose interest, others pick it up, other veterans regain interest. Anyway, the point I'm getting at is that the average number of shinies any random user will have will go up with time, so a claim which may have seemed rather steep a year or two ago isn't so ridiculous anymore. (I'm noticing this as I continue to make SHC cards. There was a time when pretty much no one had green stars on their cards (heck, when ryan first started, he didn't even have a means of representing more than 8 shinies), but now, pretty much everyone seems to have 'em.

Especially considering how, with Diamond/Pearl, we're, for the first time, entering a new generation (Edit2: with shinies) being able to import stuff from the previous one, things will really get interesting.

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
But that would leave me as Teal'c... V(O_O)V *Bursts into laughter.*

Onto the real topic, LDD's update: 87 Surskit, no shiny.

As for Gen4, I'd like to get a shiny Bonsly when the time comes. (Wouldn't be evolved.) But really as long as my first D/P shiny is from the 4th Gen I'll be happy.

EDIT: 88 Surskit. WHAT!?!?! Do these bugs wait until I post to starts showing up or something!?!?!?

Last edited:
Years
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
But that would leave me as Teal'c... V(O_O)V *Bursts into laughter.*

Onto the real topic, LDD's update: 87 Surskit, no shiny.

As for Gen4, I'd like to get a shiny Bonsly when the time comes. (Wouldn't be evolved.) But really as long as my first D/P shiny is from the 4th Gen I'll be happy.

EDIT: 88 Surskit. WHAT!?!?! Do these bugs wait until I post to starts showing up or something!?!?!?
I thought you were Major Carter.. o_0 (I'd figure that SGM'd be Teal'c and Aaryn would be General Hammond. Ru fits Colonel Mitchell situationally, but... @.@)

Anyway, on the subject of fourth-gen shinies, if I found a shiny Bonsly, I'd evolve it. I wonder what shiny Lucario looks like. It'd certainly be hard to top his spiffy colours as it is, but ya never know... ;)

88 Surskits? Haha! Looks like my Shiny Lotad Curse had an unintended effect of pushing you past the mean. o_0; I guess since the next shiny you'll see has been fixed as a Lotad, all those shiny Sevipers the game generates get removed... @.@

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
Oops, I misread runasutaru's post, I thought she was taking Carter's place. *Turn's bright red.* I need my glasses fixed, LOL.

Nothing to update and I'll be back to hunting when Evangelion goes off. <- Anime geek, don't you know?

LDD's Update: Nada III.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
...Are we still making stargate jokes? Were we ever?... *confusion* I feel like an outsider in the club I co-own... *TOXIC SHAME*
Anyway... Clefairies are beautiful, no matter what they say. Your words can't briiing me down; Cause they are beautiful, in every single way, so don't you bring them down todayyyy!
</christina agulera impersination>

Jolteon33

Phanpy is so cute!
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2006
Can i join?
Shinies: Azumarill, Chansey, Arcanine, Electabuzz, Parasect.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Yup, sounds reasonable!
Welcome to the greatest club at PC!
Boo-ya!
I'm watching the Scottish League Cup. Boo-ya!
*Waves Celtic flag*
Hail! Hail!
Erm... well... I'm trying to shiny hunt at the same time, but the match is distracting.

Crytuf

Dark Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • usa
  • Seen Sep 23, 2006
so, yeah... sorta kinda took the weekend off... ill dom more hunting later tonight...

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
MM i think having a site would be worth it cuz if we really can upload our pokemon then we could jus continue the hunt jus with a nue gen of pokes to catch also .

but theres a downsde to that also , i hope dp will be able to detect gs or ar usage so that illegal shinnies cant be uploaded and hopefuly there wont be any cheats for dp either .

well thats about it , i spent an hour hunting shiny crocanaw on col and hatched more eggs ill keep you updated .

Years
Well it's possible to construct cheated shinies which are totally indistinguishable from the authentic kind, though it's pretty rare, considering cheaters rarely know what they're doing. (Iif they did, they'd know how pointless (sometimes dishonourable and unfair) it is to cheat and wouldn't do it.) I'm pretty sure that they could put in the trainer memo/version checks of Colosseum + whatever else it does, and maintain a "blacklist" of known trainer IDs often used in shiny hacks (such as the infamous "SETH"). It's impossible to "catch 'em all" (haha, bad pun), but that should curb things a little, at least.

They could put in a lot of deterring measures into D/P to reduce cheating, such as encrypting the data structures, but when it comes down to it, every localized security measure can be broken. If the game, itself, can read it, so can you. Fortunately, it's easily possible for them to make it impossible to cheat for these types of things using the classic memory/program-altering cheat devices such as GS/AR, since they tend to be very crude and blind to what they're altering. All it'd take is a lot of layers of encryption and data modulation to make the "cheat instructions" required far to difficult for the average cheater n00b to follow. I certainly hope they do this.

Edit: Oh, and to keep the link on every new page, and since we have another member or two, new members may request SHC cards HERE!!

Last edited:
Years
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
MM you will pay for your curse! LOL
Fear not; the curse will be lifted once I, myself, get a shiny Seviper. And for that, I need a ZANGOOSE!! You'd better get your postage ready.. ;)

Esupio sono Kamereon said:
I got myself a shiny charmander <3
I need to start a new hunt soon ^^
o_0 *does new shiny dance* My, people here are getting a lot of shinies in short succession. Unfortunately, I, myself, have gotten a bunch of shinies in short succession, so I have no right to be suspicious. ¬,¬

Years
MetalMario said:
Fear not; the curse will be lifted once I, myself, get a shiny Seviper. And for that, I need a ZANGOOSE!! You'd better get your postage ready.. ;)

o_0 *does new shiny dance* My, people here are getting a lot of shinies in short succession. Unfortunately, I, myself, have gotten a bunch of shinies in short succession, so I have no right to be suspicious. ¬,¬
I haven't had a shiny since my shiny torchic, I think O.o;

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
I don't think it's such a bad idea to have our shiny dex hosted externally so that all club staff could modify it.
We could just use some free provider like geocities. It wouldn't have to be fancy at all.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
Surskit = 103

103x100= 10,300 pokemon seen with out a shiny.

I also started the GS up on my Crystal and have sharked from Bulbasaur to Rapidash, shiny, just for the heck of it. My game boy color gave me this look that'd kill, telling me I was being bad. But 'tis all for fun and the looks I'll get from my friend when I show her.
V(^*^)V

Last pokemon seen before this post, Seviper. ;)

EDIT: I have a freesevers website I'm not really using if you want to use it for the shiny dex.

Years
You're a naughty girl, LDD. You should've bred for those the honest way. For this, I'll have to extend your Shiny Lotad Curse for an undisclosed period.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
NOOOO! I have to give her her game back some time, if I don't find another shiny on it all the time will have been for not! *faints*

YES! I finally lived up to my first nature: Naughty.

No more Surskit, I am undesided if that's good or bad, though.

Last pokemon seen before this post, Lotad.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
I'm definatly open for having a shiny dex on your freeservers site, or on a geocities or whatever. We should probably have a club leader PM discussion about it.
I fell asleep when I was doing my homework earlier today O.O
This means that I got put like 3 hours behind on my work, so I'll probably have 0 time to shiny hunt today... But tomorrow morning might work.

Back