• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Is there any increase in difficulty in this?

Also, is it within the realm of possibility when making these hacks to simply have the item-trade evolutions such as Steelix, Scyther, etc, work by using the items such as metal coat work as an evolution stone of sorts? As in, you select the Metal Coat in your bag, click Use, click Onix in your party, and he begins evolving. This seems like it'd be the most logical, non game-changing way to do it, but I've never seen a single ROM hacker do it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
I have this rom on my PC but I can not find it for my ipad and when I do it won't let me put it in my gpsphone it just say chrome can not download this file can someone please help and can I find any other hacks that let you catch mew or mew two before beating the elite four?

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
Why is gyrados a dragon type?
Also what item did you use for the land deed?
I used my ultra violet sav for fire red and the land deed is '????????' Item

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
I play a lot of pokemon, specially hacks but this one is the best of 'em all. I could not belliave when it was said thet it was possible to catch all of those pokemon. This hack looks like a game that is not a hack.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
What happens after you beat the elite four and you don't have the version where you can skip the credits when the game resets? Playing on gba4ios and I don't think I can get the updated version where I can skip.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I've found out a way to be able to properly use ingame saves on mobile emulators.
(I use MyBoy emulator running on android)

First, load a Clean FireRed rom on your chosen emulator. Start a new game then enter the names for yourself and your rival. When you are able to walk around, save before you do anything else.

After saving, goto where your ".sav" file is, (it should be in the folder where you loaded your rom) rename it to the same name as your UltraViolet rom.

e.g.

In my rom folder I have:

A gba file named Pokemon Ultra Violet.gba
A sav file named Pokemon Ultra Violet.sav

Then load your UltraViolet rom. Load the save and you should be in the exact same place where you saved with the exact same name you entered as of before.

You should be able to use the ingame saves after you've done all this.

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Why can't I open this in advance map? It gives an invalid ROM message. I've tried a bunch of different versions of A-map and none work with this hack.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
When going through the Underground walkways, and mountain tunnels, there's no items on the maps like the walkthrough claims, the hidden items aren't there and the Itemfinders say the same thing.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 10, 2014
Um.. Nice idea... But you honestly didn't have to make it this difficult. I found no joy in being punished over and over in the beginning and am struggling to find the desire to continue playing. I had a blast with the Pokemon games and some hacks... But this one is kind of just punishment.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Why can't I open this in advance map? It gives an invalid ROM message. I've tried a bunch of different versions of A-map and none work with this hack.

its cause I changed the header(to stop people from hacking my hack)... A-map only recognizes headers of the original games... its rather easy to fix if you try.

Um.. Nice idea... But you honestly didn't have to make it this difficult. I found no joy in being punished over and over in the beginning and am struggling to find the desire to continue playing. I had a blast with the Pokemon games and some hacks... But this one is kind of just punishment.

I get the feeling your either not very good at pokemon games or you chose to catch your starter and caught a gastly or dratini...

i did not increase the difficulty at all... I edited no trainers in this hack... if you thought it was hard, try starting with a bulbasaur... thats easy mode, it obliterates the first two gyms.

gastly or dratini both make crappy lv 5 starters so its like playing the game on hard mode. they make powerful end game team members tho.

if its still too hard for you... complain to gamefreak.

NOTE: its also possible you are posting this about the wrong game... double check that your playing ultra violet version, cause there are plenty of super hard hacks, this is just not one of them.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
The fact there's still a roaming legendary mechanic killed this for me honestly...That makes it next to impossible to guarantee a decent nature for what it is you catch unless there is a fixed nature with perfect IVs set for the specific roamers in question.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
The fact there's still a roaming legendary mechanic killed this for me honestly...That makes it next to impossible to guarantee a decent nature for what it is you catch unless there is a fixed nature with perfect IVs set for the specific roamers in question.

I fixed the roaming pokes IV glitch.... but I dont know what you mean perfect IVs set.
I followed this meathod to fix it:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=214655

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I fixed the roaming pokes IV glitch.... but I dont know what you mean perfect IVs set.
I followed this meathod to fix it:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=214655

Well what I mean is that the entire roaming legendary mechanic sucks major because then you begin the event you can spend almost an entire day trying to catch the thing, but because of the fact you have no idea where it'll turn up before it is first recorded in the pokedex, it leaves you with no safe way to actually set yourself up for the hunt. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum moved a step in the right direction by not limiting the tracking of roamers to the pokedex only, but the problem of getting the right one for competitive battle use was another considering legendary pokemon can't be bred.

The guys at gamefreak seriously screwed up on how the roamers worked in platinum and JG/SS by having multiple roaming pokemon at once, because even if one used the synchronize trick to influence a decent nature on them it has a good chance of failing. I mean I get part of the challenge is stuff about pokemon is randomized, mainly to allow for multiple strategies for different individuals of the same pokemon but some pokemon have extremely limited usability, even with the newer advancements the series has made since gen 3, and as such being forced to rely on luck that much for a valuable pokemon you have a very low probability of catching anyway ends up making it more trouble than its worth.

Now since you mentioned an IV glitch was corrected regarding the roaming legendaries in this that alleviates one concern. Legendary pokemon are supposed to have very strong IVs, however random they may be, so with a bit of luck getting a decent hidden power attack isn't too hard.

The biggest problem I have with roamers though is the natures, as its one thing to get good IVs, but another to get a decent nature if not the perfect nature on ANY pokemon. And hidden power is determined both by nature and IVs of a specific pokemon since generation 3. For example on an Entei, I like to run a Modest nature so I can work a passable special sweeper using Hidden Power Grass along with Flamethrower or Fire Blast as its main attack, and with Entei's base special attack otherwise being lower in strength to some of it's other stats I have to make due somehow. If not with modest either mild, hasty, naive, or rash also works since its stats are perfect to allow a mixed set where applicable. The problem however is actually FINDING this hypothetical entei first since if one saved AFTER starting the event that activates entei then you're stuck with a potentially crap nature no matter what you do, and given how Fire Red treated this originally, considering you made this hack to start with the national pokedex that sorta ends up making me question how that entire event plays through.

I hope this explains what I mean, though I know there's little to no chance of you wanting to fix it, you said you were done with the hack entirely as of the last update. As such I wont expect you to do anything about it, besides this game is pretty good regardless. Its just the roaming legendary mechanic just REALLY REALLY grinds my gears because it makes it next to impossible to really do anything with said legendaries. I really like how X/Y handled the roaming legendary birds, a far better method as they flee before you sent in your pokemon to battle, then flew to a fixed location for you to catch them that allowed you to "choose" what nature you desired like other non-roaming legendaries.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
So is there any way to fix the 'missing hidden items' glitch or were there even items on the Underground Path in the first place? Were they taken out or do they need to be found with the ItemFinders you get later in the game?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
So is there any way to fix the 'missing hidden items' glitch or were there even items on the Underground Path in the first place? Were they taken out or do they need to be found with the ItemFinders you get later in the game?

not that I have found... but would you believe... this is a glitch from regular fire red, there are hidden items in the small rooms of mt moon that you cant pick up... so I understand what your saying but cant figure it out.

if you open the rom in an editor the items are clearly there, but when it comes time to get them in game, they are gone... no clu...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Well what I mean is that the entire roaming legendary mechanic sucks major because then you begin the event you can spend almost an entire day trying to catch the thing, but because of the fact you have no idea where it'll turn up before it is first recorded in the pokedex, it leaves you with no safe way to actually set yourself up for the hunt. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum moved a step in the right direction by not limiting the tracking of roamers to the pokedex only, but the problem of getting the right one for competitive battle use was another considering legendary pokemon can't be bred.

The guys at gamefreak seriously screwed up on how the roamers worked in platinum and JG/SS by having multiple roaming pokemon at once, because even if one used the synchronize trick to influence a decent nature on them it has a good chance of failing. I mean I get part of the challenge is stuff about pokemon is randomized, mainly to allow for multiple strategies for different individuals of the same pokemon but some pokemon have extremely limited usability, even with the newer advancements the series has made since gen 3, and as such being forced to rely on luck that much for a valuable pokemon you have a very low probability of catching anyway ends up making it more trouble than its worth.

Now since you mentioned an IV glitch was corrected regarding the roaming legendaries in this that alleviates one concern. Legendary pokemon are supposed to have very strong IVs, however random they may be, so with a bit of luck getting a decent hidden power attack isn't too hard.

The biggest problem I have with roamers though is the natures, as its one thing to get good IVs, but another to get a decent nature if not the perfect nature on ANY pokemon. And hidden power is determined both by nature and IVs of a specific pokemon since generation 3. For example on an Entei, I like to run a Modest nature so I can work a passable special sweeper using Hidden Power Grass along with Flamethrower or Fire Blast as its main attack, and with Entei's base special attack otherwise being lower in strength to some of it's other stats I have to make due somehow. If not with modest either mild, hasty, naive, or rash also works since its stats are perfect to allow a mixed set where applicable. The problem however is actually FINDING this hypothetical entei first since if one saved AFTER starting the event that activates entei then you're stuck with a potentially crap nature no matter what you do, and given how Fire Red treated this originally, considering you made this hack to start with the national pokedex that sorta ends up making me question how that entire event plays through.

I hope this explains what I mean, though I know there's little to no chance of you wanting to fix it, you said you were done with the hack entirely as of the last update. As such I wont expect you to do anything about it, besides this game is pretty good regardless. Its just the roaming legendary mechanic just REALLY REALLY grinds my gears because it makes it next to impossible to really do anything with said legendaries. I really like how X/Y handled the roaming legendary birds, a far better method as they flee before you sent in your pokemon to battle, then flew to a fixed location for you to catch them that allowed you to "choose" what nature you desired like other non-roaming legendaries.

thats alot of thought put into actually using legendaries... the only one legendary I have ever used (and ive been playing pokemon games since 1998) is mewtwo, and Ive used mew in my hacks(hes my favorite)... I always feel like Im cheating because they are really overpowered... But I guess if you enjoy using them this might be a concern. I wouldnt really even know how to fix this problem other than remove roaming legendary altogether(and make it static like the other 2)...

but like you mentioned, its not something i will worry about in this hack, but it is something i will keep in mind for my other hacks... instead of using the games roaming legendary, I will make my own (I have some cool ideas for how to make it work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back