• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite card of your favorite Pokémon!

Years
tenor.gif

What's your favorite TCG card of your favorite Pokémon? =)

Spoiler:

i love youuuu

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
The first ever Butterfree card from the Jungle set, specifically the original Japanese version. It holds some much more meaning to me than just being another card, which is why it's my favorite.

Spoiler:

Oh, and when they released a shiny Azumarill card, it pretty much made my life (I've literally got one in a sleeve tucked in my wallet right now)

Spoiler:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I've been having trouble figuring out exactly which Pokémon is my favorite lately, but I'll go with Wartortle since it's my favorite Pokémon design-wise and I adore this card from the Southern Islands set:

211939.jpg

I remember getting a bootleg Japanese foil sticker of the card when I was a kid and loved it to bits. Sadly, younger me was eager to trade and got rid of it for a Jungle Clefable. I've gotten the real card since (in English), but I'd love to have the foil sticker again.

Years
I'm going to be really boring and say Base Set Charizard. I never was able to get one as a kid/teenager so when I got it I appreciated it all the more.

A very expensive card no matter which version you have now. So personally I'd say it's not really a boring choice in that sense.

It's a very common choice among people our age though as it's the card few had and everyone wanted.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
My favourite of all time... Well I love any card of Shiny Pok?mon, especially Neo Destiny First Edition 107/105 Shining Charizard :-)

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Sep 26, 2018
Thanks for the delivery of this info. I am pretty sure that exploring PokéCommunity is a real adventure for most of us!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
magnemite-neo-discovery-7.jpg

Not my favourite pokemon, but I've always loved this card from the day I first saw one in my friend's binder in like 2001

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Spoiler:

I think mine is the Jolteon from the Jungle pack because the way Jolteon is standing it looks like it's shaking its paw at you. xD

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Definitely this XY Celebi promo card. I love that its Ability is a reference to the movie.

Spoiler:

Genuinely a good card, my friend used to run a really techy stall deck with it

Years
I used to have the Illustrator card

??? You sure? There were only like 6 copies and most of them were in the hands of Japanese kids initially, and only a handful have ever been up for sale iirc. IIRC, most of the transactions for it in recent years are the same copy of the card changing hands between different American collectors.

Besides, this is unrelated to the topic, which is "Your favorite card of your favorite Pokemon" and Illustrator isn't a card of a Pokemon.

Anyway, my favorite card of my favorite Pokemon is probably Gold Star Espeon. At least, I think Espeon is my favorite Pokemon. Might be Alakazam. I don't really have a single favorite, just a set of Pokemon that I like a lot more than the rest.

Back