• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nuzlocke Mode

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
I have a problem. I get more than one encounter on a map. How do I
enable that only one encounter appears at each map? oO

Years
Using the Gen 6 pack and replaced all instances of "if pokemon.hp>0" with "if pokemon.hp>0 $PokemonGlobal.nuzlocke==true," but I'm getting the error: Script 'PItem_ItemEffects' line 335: SyntaxError occurred. When I looked back, that line had "if pokemon.hp>0 $PokemonGlobal.nuzlocke==true". So why is this a problem? Also, where do I put the event to turn nuzlocke mode on?

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
so if i copy this into my game do i have to do anything to make it work?

HTML:
#==INSTRUCTIONS=================================================================
#
# To install this script it's simple, just put it above main. (yes, plug and play)
# Also: Replace lines 327, 340, 1153, 1172 of PokémonItemEffects replace:
#       "   if pokemon.hp>0"
# With:
#       "   if pokemon.hp>0 || $PokemonGlobal.nuzlocke==true" 
#
#==HOW TO USE===================================================================
#
# To use this script simply call in an event: "$PokemonGlobal.nuzlocke = true" 
#
# If you want to turn off the mode just do the same, but with false instead.
#
#==CONFIGURATION================================================================

# OPTION 1: Dubious Clause (same species encounter doesn't count)
DUBIOUSCLAUSE = true

# OPTION 2: Connected Maps (so you don't get 2 encounters in the same route)
# example: (It's an array of arrays, simple as that, just mimic the example)
=begin
NUZLOCKEMAPS = [
[5,21],
[2,7,12]
]
=end
#===============================================================================

Years
Using the Gen 6 pack and replaced all instances of "if pokemon.hp>0" with "if pokemon.hp>0 $PokemonGlobal.nuzlocke==true," but I'm getting the error: Script 'PItem_ItemEffects' line 335: SyntaxError occurred. When I looked back, that line had "if pokemon.hp>0 $PokemonGlobal.nuzlocke==true". So why is this a problem? Also, where do I put the event to turn nuzlocke mode on?

You get a syntax error because that's improper syntax
Code:
if pokemon.hp>0[COLOR="Red"] &&[/COLOR] $PokemonGlobal.nuzlock

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
Hello. I tried out your script for a while. I like the idea of it and thank you for making it. But I have trouble getting it to work:
I tried to follow the instructions clearly and put in "if pokemon.hp>0 $PokemonGlobal.nuzlocke==true" instead of "if pokemon.hp>0", but that gave me a syntax error and I followed the instructions in the last post and made it "if pokemon.hp>0 && $PokemonGlobal.nuzlocke==true". Now I can finally start the game again and it´s nice to see that it´s impossible to heal using the Pokémon Center or the PC, but I can still revive using the Revive-Item. I´m very sure I replaced all the "if pokemon.hp>0"-lines so I´m wondering why it still doesn´t work.

Helric

Legendary Batcher
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
I'm getting this error when I throw a ball, what can I do?

02b81d9a9c870c87036bcff2cdca0778o.png

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 2, 2019
script works fine for me except when I sometimes get this error on first encounter in map. Can someone help me with it?

Exception: SystemStackError
Nuzlocke:101:in `nuzlocke_ThrowPokeBall'
Nuzlocke:106:in `nuzlocke_ThrowPokeBall'

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Hi, nice script, I'll definitively add it to my game.
I'd like to have the option to make a "semi-nuzlocke" too, by that I mean no dead pokemon if fainted, but still be able to catch only one Pokemon by route.
Would that be possible, and how?

Found the solution!
Spoiler:

I just added that in a new section, and if the player choose Nuzlocke I call $PokemonGlobal.nuzlocke = true
and if they choose semi nuzlocke I call:
$PokemonGlobal.snuzlocke = true

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 17
  • Rome
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
this is an amazing script, but I want to know if there is an option to make it optional? like, at he beginning of the game it asks if you want to do a nuzlocke or not.

Juno and Ice

Developer of Pokémon Floral Tempus
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
this is an amazing script, but I want to know if there is an option to make it optional? like, at he beginning of the game it asks if you want to do a nuzlocke or not.
Literally just make a choice function before your professor comes in to talk and if they say they want a nuzlocke put "$PokemonGlobal.nuzlocke = true," and when it's no just let it continue as normal.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
I have recently tried this script for v18, and have been getting the same error upon throwing a ball. Did you ever find a solution?

[Pokémon Essentials version 18]
Exception: NameError
Message: uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Battle::NUZLOCKEMAPS

Backtrace:
Nuzlocke:125:in `nuzlockeMultipleMaps'
Nuzlocke:97:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
PItem_BattleItemEffects:307
PItem_BattleItemEffects:306:in `call'
EventHandlers:134:in `trigger'
PItem_Items:311:in `triggerUseInBattle'
Battle_Action_UseItem:124:in `pbUsePokeBallInBattle'
Battle_Phase_Attack:81:in `pbAttackPhaseItems'