• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokemon Ranch: The Underdogs (Rated T)

miley810

Assassin
Years
Okay done.I feel like a total idiot cause I relized through the whole thing if I put a space I absentmindly said space..... 0.0 Anyways...so yeah I'm done.

King!

better
Years
miley810 - rofl, that's something I would do! Anyways, it looks much better now. :) This girl is TALL! Interesting to see if she'll make friends on the ranch. Accepted. Also, the length of your RP Sample was perfect. Feel free to mkae posts that long if you can. I enjoy having lots of detail!

EDIT: Also, I'm planning on putting up the first mission tomorrow afternoon, so hang tight! And if you haven't finished your SU. you'll still have a bit of time afterwards.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
Name: Jewel (Angel) Starr
Appearance: Jewel is what many deem perfect. She's 5'9", with a body that makes European supermodels green with envy. Her eyes are an icy blue, that harden to a piercing sapphire when she's pissed off. Her hair is long, going all the way down to her hips. Her hair is an electric or neon blue color. Her skin is what many call albino white, meaning pure white skin that rivals the color of snow. Her legs are very long, making her a wonderful athlete. Her boobs are...well....pretty big. She's actually quite proud of them. She usually wears various shades of blue tee-shirts and jeans. In the winter she wears a long blue and white trench coat and white fuzzy boots. She always wears sunglasses because her eyes are sensitive to sunlight.

Personality: Jewel is a loner, not very good with people. She gets into fights often because people won't leave her alone after she's asked them. Once you get to know her, Jewel is one of the most kind, gentle, loyal, protective people you could ever meet.

History: Jewel was born into a rich family. She craved her parent's attention, but never got it unless she did something bad. She attended Richmount because her parents didn't want to teach her themselves. She wasn't happy about going to Richmount and caused quite a stir. When she was 15, she'd already been in more school fights than most children get into in the 12 years they attend school. Jewel is a very smart girl. She could easily ace every test and homework they gave her. However, school bored her. So she never applied herself. She flunked out her senior year, and her parents disowned her. She was left with about $500,000 and the clothes on her back. They moved to an unknown region, where they ended up in a terrible accident. Jewel wasn't all that upset about her parent's deaths, considering that she was taken care of by the servants more than her own family. So Jewel ended up going to the place where all the kids went when they flunked out or got thrown out. The Pokemon Ranch.

Main Goal: Trainer, Breeder and possibly Coordinator.

Egg Number: 16

RP Sample: Taken from my RP Almia's Shadows Return.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

King!

better
Years
@DarkAngel91 - Pending. See the VM I'll send in a moment. :)

@Everyone else... Sorry for the delay. Here is the first mission, and hopefully an OOC thread will be up tomorrow!

Mission One: Welcome to Sunnyside!

(1-2 Posts)

Hello, students! Welcome to the ranch! I know it has been along ride for the sixteen of you, coming all the way from a school in the Johto region. You've travelled by plane to the first of Tripon's islands, Prepon. You arrived at one of Midpon's biggest (and only) cities, Waterway, by boat. And from there some kind volunteers got you to the ranch by car. Don't worry, in a few minutes, you'll have time to stretch your legs and explore! But first, I have some ground rules…

My name is Ranch Leader Derek, but you should address me as 'sir' from this moment on. I've received files on all of you, and I know just what it was you did to get here…so don't think you can sneak anything by me. There may be sixteen of you and one of me, but that doesn't mean I don't always know what you're up to.Now, the ranch is a big place – the central area that you are in right now, with the boy's cabins to the left and the girl's to the right. Those buildings are for sleeping only, or a place to rest and get ready in the morning. They should stay quiet at ALL times. The bigger building in the middle is where I will stay, and where you will do the rest of the living. You may NOT go upstairs without permission from myself, and myself only. On the first floor there is a kitchen and dining room, a small library with encyclopedias on your duties, and another room that serves as a place to sit. I wouldn't worry about these buildings though; I'm sure you'll be spending most of your time outside!

Out here is a small field surrounding the buildings, where Pokemon – and you – can roam around and relax. A little further to the left is where the gardens are, and crops will be grown. The gardens will make the western border, and you shall not go beyond them. Directly behind the buildings and field area, in front of where we stand now, is Lake Sunnyside. Here, you can relax in the sun, or go swimming and fishing (if you've brought a pole, of course). But don't worry, the beach won't always be a place to play. To our right, a few hundred feet out, is a forest. You are UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE allowed to go there. The time will come, young ones.

Now, without further ado, I present your welcoming gift – a very own Pokemon egg of your own.

Mission Objective: You now know the basics of what the ranch is like! There isn't a lot of action in this first mission; all you have to do is receive a Pokemon egg from a table in the middle building. Then, feel free to drop off your things in your cabin and explore a bit! Interaction with other RP'ers is okay, but please don't use any NPC's until the OOC thread is up.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Chapter 1

Kunk! Valentine became a little shaken from the sound of his white backpack hitting the ground so loudly after being in near silence the past couple of days traveling.
He began to think about his trip here. First, he took the seemingly endless plane ride where he was able to take two full-length naps and it still took another hour or so to reach the airport. That was alright, he supposed, but the sound-canceling headphones he wore made everything too mute. It was like the plane was going to crash down and kill everyone and he would be reading a magazine, completely unaware of the earth-shaking screams of one melodramatic teenage girl on the plane. However, being a bit paranoid about being oblivious in you're hour of death was a lot better to him than hearing the hyped-up, shrill vocals of that same melodramatic teenage girl talking about the new designer dark-type-themed shoes she got in Johto he heard every time he had to turn the headphones off and go to the bathroom.

"And you can't tell her to shut up either," he thought, "those shoes are Karen of The Elite Four's designer brand. Very big deal, as we all must know by now. She's just doing us the service of extolling their overpriced virtues from experience. We should praise her for her vast knowledge of six-inch heels and- Wow I'm a smart ass,"

He paused to look at around at his new surroundings. The field was moist, as it was soaking his roughed-up sneakers. He started to wonder where this "Dennis or Derek guy" who ran the camp was supposed to be. There was no sign of anything happening soon, so he went back to his thoughts.

After the plane ride ended, he had to take a boat to this large city. It was filled with more people than the plane, but notheless boring. Nobody wanted to talk, for some reason; especially the people from Richmount who were going to the same place he was. He started wondering what things they did to get here. "Maybe murder," he contemplated. "Or perhaps burning down a teacher's office?" Although he knew these were farfetched, he liked thinking about it. It made things more interesting that way. But then he started to remember some of the things that happened at Richmount, such as the fights and the rumors about whoever flunked, and felt a bit discouraged towards his fantasies.

"Hey there," he said to one of the people standing next to him. "What're you in for?" Although he was joking, the person didn't respond. He left them alone after that. A bit unfriendly of them, he thought, but he understood- he didn't really feel all that friendly either after being sent to the ranch, then enduring the plane, the boat, and then most of all the car-

Oh, the car. That was particularly enthralling. Valentine has sat up next the driver, and since he was tired of the lack of noise during the last couple of days, he tried to strike up a conversation with him. Talk about crashing into an opposite-going train and falling off the bridge. Valentine recalled the entire scene in his head:

"So, where are you fro-" Valentine started.

"Waterway." The driver spat out like the words were creating a bad taste in his mouth.

"Y- you got any Pokémon?" Valentine hesitatively asked.

"I got one Zubat and two Graveler, what of it?" The driver asked angrily with the slightest hint of defensiveness.

"Well I like Pokémon, and I was wondering if you had any favorites…." Valentine didn't feel like continuing with this man, and now was starting to miss that designer-shoe wearing girl on the plane. At least she wasn't freaking miserable about everything.

"Favorites?! You trying to stalk me, boy?" the man interrogated.

"No!" Valentine said. "I was just-"

"Look, boy, mind your own damn business. I ain't here for your entertainment, sicko."

Valentine really started to get baffled at this man's logic about how asking him what his preferred Pokémon were made Valentine a sick-minded stalker, so he dropped the conversation here. And for the next hour or so, he and the man sat in the most awkward silence you could imagine. He couldn't get out of the car faster when they stopped.

So after a bit of a walk then, him and fifteen or so people were standing in the middle of a field, surrounded by two buildings and facing a third one; Just waiting for this leader guy to show up. He finally does and apologizes about his lateness, and also introduces himself as "Ranch Leader Derek" and that's "Sir" to the group.

"Oh yeah, like that not egotistical or anything. Nice establishing your authority." Valentine says to himself, already not liking how the guy asserts himself.

Derek points out the boys' and girls' cabins, and tells about the middle one, with a library and sitting room, among other things; and also something about the second floor, which Valentine thought Derek explained like he was foreshadowing something for later, like they were all in a novel. Valentine wasn't particularly paying attention or interested to listening to this guy. Derek then brought them into the third building, which was huge and a bit cozy. Valentine liked it. There were a large number of eggs in the room, of almost every color it seemed.

Derek asked the group to pick which egg they would like as their first Pokémon and assignment. Valentine decided to snatch up the indigo one, since it's his favorite color. He places the egg in his backpack which he had been carrying in his hand since the field, zips it up, and then picks up and wears it.

Valentine walked to the boys' cabin afterward. He looked at all the other members of the ranch, each one glazed with their own unique mixtures of emotion.
Once in the cabin, he held the door for the rest of the guys to enter, as he does all the time. He got a couple thank you's, so he started to feel a little confident in the other people who were here. After the last guy passed through, he lobbed his backpack next to the bed he liked the most for… just being the first he saw that was open, really. He sat down and took out the egg from his backpack that he received. He stared and examined at it for a bit, and he couldn't help but feel just the slightest bit of excitement as he thought he felt the a tiny shake from it, which he was sure he just imagined, but wanted to believe was real anyway.

Valentine blinked and realized how fast it felt from when Derek appeared to now. Everything was going quick now that traveling was over. He decided to go for a bit to clear his head and take more note of the scenery that surrounded him. He walked out of the cabin with his shimmering indigo egg still in hand.

----

I hope this is how this is supposed to go and that the conversation between Valentine and the Driver was an okay since he's technically an NPC.

But anywhos, I might type up the walking portion after this for the first mission later.

I also felt like I was lacking with the Derek part- but then again, it reflects how Valentine wasn't really paying attention and how fast it was paced.

Last edited:

King!

better
Years
@Kiyoshi - Great first post. :) I like the humor in your writing, and the length was perfect. There were a couple sentences when you swicthed from past to present tense, I think. Just keep it the same all the way through, and you're fine.

@ghasteon - Pending. Please add to your History what he did at Richmount to get him into the ranch. Also, there are quite a few grammar errors, so watch our for that when doing your posts. Just fix the history and let me know, and you're in.

@Everyone - Now that I know who is in and out and all of those things, I can get to work on the NPC's and OOC thread. I'm looking forward to your posts!

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
We're here! Xoxaa wasn't really excited about it at all though. Actually, she was quite nervous, almost to the point where she would start to sweat. As they left their vehicle upon arriving on the ranch, they soon met the ranch leader who pointed out the basics of their stay here. Xoxaa was frozen in place, trying desperately not to draw attention to herself. She felt nervous enough, being around other failures who might've had a more violent reason to be here. She didn't feel safe at all, but hopefully that would change.

They were then lead into the central building where they would receive Pokemon eggs. Fortunately Xoxaa was towards the front so she would have first pick. However her luck wouldn't pan out as well as she had expected. As she looked over the eggs on the table, she spotted the one she wanted.

"There, the indigo one! I'll take that one," she thought to herself, only for it to be snatched by some strange boy a second later.

"Dammit! Just my luck!"

Disheartened that he took her first choice, she spotted another, a blue egg.

"This one looks pretty close to that other one. I'll take it before someone else does," she decides, picking up the egg and holding it up to the light.

She smiled slightly, examining the egg's bright shine to it, her first positive expression since she arrived at the ranch. Xoxaa lowered the egg and folded her arms around it, keeping it close to her chest. However that proved to be a challenge, considering that her bust size made it hard to keep the egg extra close.

The convicts, or so she liked to call herself and the other students staying here, left the central building after retreiving their eggs. With time now to settle in, Xoxaa went straight for where the girls would be staying. She went straight for her area and dropped her bag at the foot of her bed. She leaped onto her bed, the egg still clenched tightly in her arms and she stared at the ceiling. This new future was an uncertain one and she's in the company of strangers, some of who could be very dangerous. But hopefully this egg could hatch into one of the Pokemon that she loves so that at least she'll have one friend on the ranch that she's certain will become a nightmare.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Chapter 1 (continued)

Valentine started to head towards where Derek said the gardens were located. Valentine was having quite a tough time holding onto the indigo marvel of an egg in his arms. The thing sure was awkwardly round- and a bit hefty, too.

"Could be a Munchlax," Valentine thought, "Definitely has the weight to support the claim. Nah, that's not fair. Maybe an Oddish. Although, those things aren't particularly heavy, are they?" Valentine paused. "Maybe the egg shell is heavy or something. Or, I could just be a weakling. It could be as light as a Hoppip for all I know right now. Oo! Hoppip! That'd be neat."

Valentine couldn't help himself in just trying to guess just what this mysterious oval-shaped two-ton developing embryo cover contained. But a thing Valentine really liked was that what the egg contained absolutely complete potential to be anything. Maybe even a Lugia, who's to say until it hatches?

Reaching the gardens, Valentine started to wonder where Derek exactly got these wonderfully colored eggs. "Is he stealing them? Or, perhaps, does he have an underground breeding center? What?! Do the other ranchers know about this?! Are they all in on it? Is my amazing Technicolor dreamegg really just the product of illegal Pokémon distribution? I-"

Suddenly, Valentine tripped on a rock and fell face first into the beautiful flower bush below him. Valentine scurried to re-find his egg, which landed in a bit off mud on the ground near the bush. He picked it up, and looked it over. A bit messy, but otherwise fine and landed softly.

Valentine decided to head back now to the cabins, the fresh air wasn't helping empty his head. But, it did give him a brand new way to look at Derek. Who knows if that very same illegal Pokémon breeding is up that forbidden set of stairs in the main building?

"Hm. This calls for discovery for a later date," he said to himself; not really taking it seriously, but having fun notheless.

King!

better
Years
@Xlugon Pyro - xD, Xoxaa has the right idea when she was thinking about the indigo egg. Blue will have to do! Nice opening.

@Kiyoshi - 'amazing technicolor dreamegg' ftw. I'm enjoying Valentine's predictions!

@Everyone - I'VE SUBMITTED THE OOC THREAD, and now we just have to wait. I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but DarkAngle91 is Accepted.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
Jewel set her things down on the dusty ground. She surveyed her new surroundings. *Ugh. Wayyyy too much dirt for my taste*, she thought to herself. She walked to the middle building, and saw a table with Pokemon eggs. She walked over to the table, looking at the eggs that remained. She saw an egg with an icy-blue shell. She looked at each egg, but every time her eyes wandered back to the icy-blue egg. She picked up the egg gingerly, holding it close to her chest. The egg seemed to shine a bit before returning to it's icy-blue color. Jewel went to the cabins and found herself an empty bunk on bottom. She put her things down, but kept the egg with her.

*It feels really cold. Maybe it's a Glaceon. That'd be cool.*, she thought to herself. She saw some other kids with eggs, but didn't feel like trying to say hello. She found an empty space on the floor in a corner and sat down. She stroked the egg gently, wondering when it would hatch and what it would hatch into. She began humming a soft tune, singing to the egg. She was hoping to coax the egg to hatch faster, even though she knew it probably wouldn't work. She began thinking about names. *If it's a girl, I'll name her Shirona. If it's a boy, I'll name it Raja*, she decided after 15 minutes.

King!

better
Years
@Arcaray - A spot has been reserved for you.

@Everyone - It's a bit unfortunate that we don't have an OOC thread yet :\ But I need to know who is here and who isn't so that the ones who are can continue. So if you're still interested, please let me know! And for those who have posted - I'll have the next mission up soon, after everything is sorted out. Dx Sorry about this delay, guys!

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Chapter 1:

After hours of flight, the airplane had finally landed at their destination. Alice was half asleep, and let out a yawn of relief to know they had finally landed. Worn down from the ride, she had trouble standing up at first, but rose to her feet eventually. The bag she carried was heavy with clothing and other small valuables she had brought. The girl picked it up with ease, walking out of the plane and looking around at her temporary home. In front of her was about 3 cabins; apparently, the woman's cabin was the one at the right.

She walked up to it. It looked old, but as she peered inside the cabin looked relatively new. Or at last clean. Alice walked inside, her feet creaking under the floorboards. The thought of living here for the summer made her groan, and she was positive there would be lots of work to do once was finished getting comfortable. If only she had tried somewhat harder to do her homework in school. Reviewing over her memories, she had been a lazy ass when it came to working. This work was going to make her suffer.

Exploring the cabin, she realized it was actually quite huge, despite its appearance on the outside. It was bigger than the room she use to live in, at least. Finding a bed, she threw her backpack on the bed and took off her leather coat. She stretched out her arms. though the good times wouldn't last long here, she'd have to enjoy her first day somehow or another. In fact, she was even going to get her first pokemon today. As she was told earlier,"recieve a pokemon egg from the middle building".

She approached the cabin door, opening it and slamming it behind her as she walked outside into the fresh air. Alice didn't know too much about pokemon, but had learned several things from school that may have assisted her once she received her own pokemon egg. The girl had no idea what kind off a species she would get once the egg hatched. Alice assumed that the appearance of the egg would resemble the actual pokemon inside, but looks weren't always what they seemed.

Heading for the cabin right next to her own, she passed by several other kids from school. She had never socialized with anyone, except for a selected few who had, sadly, already graduated. Alice made a mental note to learn the names of each of them by the time summer was over. Opening the middle cabin door, she peered inside with great interest of what was inside. It was much larger than her original cabin, and had a more comfortable atmosphere. In the middle of the building she saw a table, fortunately lined with several pokemon eggs that hadn't yet been snatched by the other students. Alice looked for something to resemble herself, and found nothing.

The only thing that managed to stick out to her was a black egg clearly noticeable between all of the other colored eggs. It stood out, though it seemed separate from the group. Alice was certain it hid a very unique pokemon inside.

"That's the one," she mumbled to herself, picking it up and holding it in her arms as if it was a newborn baby.

Last edited:

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
Name: Jaclyn Witton. (Unofficially changed to Jae upon arrival at Richmount, feeling its 'fiery' meaning was quite apt.)

Age: 16. (Slightly younger due to an unfortunate combination of high intelligence and a hobby of abusing the chemistry labs.)

Appearance: Jae was never one to bow down and accept "ordinary" fashion statements, and from a young age she felt there were much more important things in the world than fitting in. Her appearance prior to her arrival at the school was significantly different from her current attire, as she grew up and away from her previous innocent lifestyle. Jae has round, reddish-brown eyes which feature a constant malicious sparkle, often accompanied by a mischievous smile on her thin-lipped mouth. She refuses point-blank to wear make-up, but if her skin wasn't so clear some may assume that this would be different. Her once long, golden hair is now cut into a short, angular hairstyle, and is dyed a deep copper. Her frame is small and wiry, her features as sharp as her wit. Her skin is almost translucent, as she is very much a lover of the lab and library; outdoor research has never appealed to her.

Jae's 'style' is a combination of her career aspirations, mischievous nature and keenness to stand out in a crowd. Jae wears a pair of black shorts much too short for a school like Richmount, over a pair of burgundy tights. These end inside a pair of white Doc Martens, which are scorched slightly. She dons a baggy men's t-shirt bearing a faded image of the legendary Ho-Oh Pokemon, which she longs to capture. Over this she wears a customised lab coat, jaggedly cut short and singed multiple times. In the pocket is a pair of thick-rimmed, square glasses which she doesn't need to wear, but feels it 'completes the look.' The sleeves are often rolled up, and the left one bears an emblem of the Volcano Badge. Around her neck she wears a pendant of a Red Shard.

Personality: Jae is as fiery as her name. She is very much a leader, and has a knack for influencing even the most dutiful of her peers. Her ability to disrupt a class is as much as a reason as any other for her induction into Summer School, and her quick temper a close second. Said temper is known to erupt unexpectedly, as Jae's patience is very short-lived. She cannot tolerate what she sees as incompetence, and as a result she will retaliate with offensive, sarcastic remarks which are known to turn even her teachers into states of blubbering Magikarp. This however, aggravates her even more, as she cannot stand weak, childish behaviour.

Jae is incredibly intelligent, but is very aware of it. This makes her condescending, boastful and very difficult to get along with in the eyes of her superiors. Her brainpower allows her to argue like a politician, and is often able to wiggle her way out of a sticky situation as a result. She is difficult to discipline and has virtually no respect for positions of power, regardless of the consequences. She will not hold her tongue for anyone, and will argue shamelessly with even the highest authority.

History: Jae was born and bred in Ecruteak City under the name of Jaclyn, to two patient and supportive working class people. Jaclyn's parents had struggled to conceive for many years before the birth of their daughter, and so they doted after their 'miracle child'. Jaclyn grew accustomed to having undivided attention from her parents, but as a young child this had very little effect on her. Jaclyn was raised to be polite and truly was nothing short of a delight to anyone who met her. She was greatly loved in Ecruteak, being one of the very few children that lived in the aged city. Her parents realised her potential and so she lived on a dream of becoming one of the world's greatest scientist, discovering the truth behind the legends of the magnificent Burned Tower.

After being spoilt and attended to for so many years, it was a great shock to Jaclyn when her parents decided to adopt a child. She was barely eight years old when her parents unexpectedly brought home a young boy, and introduced him as Jaclyn's new brother. Jealousy ignited within Jaclyn as both her parents and the people of Ecruteak began to shift their attention from her and onto the newcomer, leaving the adorable little girl with what she saw as second place. Jaclyn had to learn to share, and she was not prepared to do so. What was worse, was that the boy wasn't even that special. He wasn't as smart as Jaclyn, so why should he get the attention? It didn't seem fair, and no matter how hard she tried, Jaclyn couldn't get her parents to focus on her and her alone. It was such efforts which eventually led to her family's untimely demise, to which their darling daughter was solely responsible.
In a desperate attempt to regain her parents' affection, Jaclyn began to try more daring experiments. She would lock herself in her room for days at a time, only appearing to see if her parents were intrigued with her projects. It was when she was trying to create an item which re-enacted the effect of fire pokemon when she accidentally set her curtains on fire. She considered going for help, but instead she merely walked out of her house and watched it burn. If her brother was so great, he'd save her parents, she'd reasoned, and it was only when the house was entirely up in flames did she realise the damage of what she had done.
Of course, being only nine years old at the time, she was never suspected of arson. She grieved the death of her parents in her new school, where all the special people went, as she was told.

Upon arriving at the school, Jaclyn told the staff her name was Jae, and so she cut the ties she had with the parents she so dearly missed. After only one term, Jae was promoted to the grade above, where she learned that the only way to get attention was to fight for it. Jae had learnt the hard way that being brilliant was not enough to be treated brilliantly, and so she sought better ways of getting the attention she so rightly deserved. Jae attracted the 'sheep' of the class, those too weak to lead, and made them follow her into endless weeks of detention and punishment. Jae was seen as 'the one who got away' to the staff at first, as they tutted at the potential Jae threw away. Her blatant disregard for the rules and her uncanny ability to turn a teacher into a laughing stock meant that she spent more time in solitary confinement than she did in the classroom, but as she grew with age she grew with confidence, and ability to talk her way out of anything. Her mixture of science with misbehaviour led to the constant vandalism of school property, from the development of small booby traps to dangerous petrol bombs. It was on the third time that she had managed to set fire to the laboratory that the final straw had been placed: There was no room for Jae at Richmount Academy.

Main Goal/Interest: Scientist

Egg Number: 2!

Other: Jae's disregard for rules and authority figures is subject to change when she experiences the strict ruling at the Ranch.

RP Sample: Taken from The Flock (A Maximum Ride RP)
Spoiler:

King!

better
Years
@Sweet Dreams - Nice start. I'm looking forward to the rest!

@Arcaray - Oooh a scientist! This character is kind of like one of the NPC's I came up with, and since we've replaced a boy with a girl, I'll need to change some characters around. :) But excellent work, you're accepted.

@Everyone - Still no OOC thread, and I stupidly didn't copy the info from there to word, so until it's posted or someone can give it back to me, we don't have any NPC's. Also, the second mission should be up very soon. :)

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
Chapter One

Jae rolled her eyes impatiently. Well, this is a serious let-down. She had travelled for days, no entertainment, no proper hygiene and no decent company, and for what? To stand in a bloody field. And as if being forced to stay here all summer wasn't bad enough, the Ranch leader wasn't even here yet! Urgh. At least have the decency to turn up on time.

Jae looked around at her new peers. She had been hoping that some of them would be a little bad-ass, but they all looked like flunkies to her. Not an ounce of worth between them, as far as she was concerned. She had heard that one guy had tried to poison the entire student body, but that intellect seemed way out of reach of these idiots.

She'd spent the journey over here sitting alone, thinking of some sort of benefit that could possibly come out of this complete waste of time. There was one hiccough which had derailed her train of thought, when some complete bozo had attempted to make conversation. She'd simply smirked at his pitiful attempt to befriend her, and returned to her thoughts. Her mind had more substance than all of these put together. She had no time for these lot, and the sooner she got off this island the better. She might just go crazy if she had to spend the entire summer with such brain-dead morons.

After what felt like an age of waiting, the awkward silence that hung above the field was shattered by a booming voice, directly behind Jae. She refused to turn around, as the man seemed much too arrogant for her liking.
"But you should address me as sir..." Pfft. Yeah, right. He obviously didn't know Jae as well as he liked to think. She rolled her eyes at the seemingly endless list of restrictions in this place, and spent the rest of the talk wondering how many times she'd have to break them before she was sent on a boat back to Johto.

Eventually the teens walked away, and Jae assumed the lecture was over. She followed them into the middle building, in which there was a large number of brightly coloured eggs. Jae spotted an orange one instantly, and greedily scooped it into her arms.
"Oh, please be a fire type," She muttered maliciously, as the egg shook a little. Even the pokemon seemed excited at the concept of winding up Sir Derek until he cracked. She really couldn't wait to find Derek's limits. Nor could she wait to find the breaking points of her fellow detainees, when it came to that.

Jae chuckled darkly as she made her way to her dorm, where she dumped her belongings unceremoniously on the bed. Then, with egg in hand, she strode out of the room to find something worth doing.

Last edited:

King!

better
Years
@Arcaray - Nice first post. I can't wait to see what happens to Derek when she's done with him xD

@Everyone - Here is Mission 2. If you haven't finished the first yet, please do so quickly!

Mission Two: A Tiny Taste
(1-2 Posts)​
Okay, students. Looks like you've had plenty of time to get to know the ranch. Unfortunately, your work isn't done for the day. Once your eggs hatch we'll be able to do some more serious things - but until then, you're on farming duty. Yes, I know. Not very exciting work, right? Well, get over it. Half of you (Arcaray, Fearless Love, miley810, and Kiyoshi) will head out to the gardens, and collect some of the vegetables that look ready. When you're done, you can carry them by hand to our kitchen here. Your eggs will hatch quicker if you bring them with you, but that might be a bit of a challenge for...some of you. The other half (Xlugon Pyro, Sweet Dreams, DarkAngel91, and Iwasapony) will be on kitchen duty. Head up to the kitchen and start cooking! You'll need someone to cut up the vegetables, somebody to start them cooking, and all that good stuff. Be creative with the food....it's all we have for now. After you've finished and eaten, you are to report back to your cabins for some quiet time before bed. Everybody understand?​

Mission objective: Another slow post, I know. But don't worry - after this, things will get exciting. Basically, you're either collecting food, or fixing it. It shouldn't take more than one post, but feel free to be creative. Sorry things are so slow in the beginning, but until I get that OOC stuff back from whoever has it, it will be hard to continue. :(​

Additional Mission!
If you choose, you can add one of these things to your post:​

For the gardeners: A swarm of bugs has taken over the crops! You don't have a Pokemon yet...but maybe you can finish them off? Battle either:​
Spr_3e_010.gif

Caterpie x 2
~Tackle
~String Shot​

or
Spr_3e_265.gif

Wurmple x 1
~Tackle
~String Shot
~Poison Sting​

For the cooks: Something got into the kitchen! Maybe you could ward it off? Unfortunately, you don't have any Pokemon yet... But could you find a way? Battle either:

Spr_3e_019.gif

Rattata x 1
~Tackle
~Tail Whip
~Quick Attack​

or​

Spr_5b_504.png

Patrat x 1
~Tackle
~Leer
~Bite​

(Completion of the additional mission in a creative way could result in an egg move for your hatched Pokemon.)​

If anyone has any questions, please leave a VM!​

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
Years
(OOC: I apologize greatly for the amount of time it has taken me to get this up!!!)

Chapter 1

Cheyenne tapped her foot on the ground impatiently, listening to the so called 'Ranch Leader' explaining the rules of the ranch. She rolled her eyes as he droned on, his words not even making it into her head. Her eyes examined the rest of the kids around, but she knew better than to judge by her first instinct. She needed to know exactly who she was dealing with, and to correctly know that, she would need to interact with them. Exactly how, she wasn't necessarily sure.

She crossed her arms, tapping her finger on her arm, matching the tapping of her foot. She closed her eyes for a minute, completely droning out any sounds the 'Ranch Leader' may have been making. She was aware of the fact that it may be in her best interest to at least hear out the rules, but she couldn't force herself to focus. Her mind just canceled the thought. Most likely, she would be able to reassemble whatever was being said in her mind later, and if not, she could always ask one of the others.

"-A very own Pokemon egg of your own!" she opened her eyes, snapping back to the scene in front of her. Whatever the beginning of that sentence had been, she didn't know it. She looked around, and upon seeing the others heading for a building, in between two others, she decided to follow. What harm could come from that? If she got in trouble, so would these others.

Once she was inside the building, she noticed a table that held Pokemon eggs on it. She observed as others picked theirs up, but she herself just stood there for a moment, looking at the table curiously. It would seem that they were suppose to take one of the eggs from the table, but her question was, which one? Had he told them each which one to take ahead of time? Were there certain ones they weren't allowed to touch?

She stood in front of the table, still unmoving for a moment or so, until one of the eggs caught her eye. It was a shiny red color, and it just seemed to stand out amongst the others. Maybe it was just her, and her love for the color red, but she knew this egg was the one she wanted. She reached a hand out, but then pulled it back, still running thoughts over in her head as to whether she was doing something particularly wrong or not. Though, once the majority of the others had already left, she just sighed, and reached for the egg again.

She held it in her arms, looking at it curiously. The color may or may not reflect the being that was inside of it. It the color did, then it could possibly be a fire type. Or a ground type. As red could easily represent either of them. Then again, perhaps the color had no relation to the type at all. Perhaps it reflected the attitude, personality, or nature of the Pokemon inside. In that case, she assumed that this Pokemon could possibly be aggressive, as that is her first thought when the color red enters her mind.

Once leaving the middle building, she glanced around, holding the egg tightly. There were two other buildings, she wasn't exactly sure which building was made for what. She caught one of two of the girls heading towards the one to her left, which would have been her right had she been facing the direction she'd arrived in. She quickly made her way to the building she had seen the girls head towards, hoping it may be the sleeping quarters.

Once inside, she quickly found a bed, a sat the egg down carefully on a pillow. She herself kept to her feet, her arms crossed over her chest, eying the egg. She glanced down at the camera around her neck, and fiddled it between her hands. She bit down on her lip, contemplating on whether now was a good time to use some of the pictures. She had never photographed an egg before. Not like she ever really got to see one back home.

She clenched the camera in her hands, then, tilting her head slightly, she came to a decision. She pulled the camera up, focusing her lens on the red egg that lay resting on her pillow. She focused her sight on it for a few minutes, angling herself differently, until she found a position she was comfortable from. She put her finger on the button, prepared to take her first official picture of ranch life. Of her new life. Taking in a deep breath, she pushed her finger down, then she saw the flash. And it was done.

She now had officially begun her new adventure. A new place to be explored. A new world to be observed. And it was just the beginning.

Back