• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Name: Manaphy
OT: TRU
ID: 09297
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon + Classic Ribbon
Ball: Cherish
Moves:
- Tail Glow (PP Maxed)
- Rest (PP Maxed)
- Ice Beam (PP Maxed)
- Surf
PKRS Healed
EV Trained fully in SP Atk and Speed
Nature: Timid
6 Flawless IV
Ability: Hydration
Fateful encounter from Sinnoh
Lv 100

Was this Pokémon RNG'd or hacked? It does look too good to be true.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Name: Manaphy
OT: TRU
ID: 09297
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon + Classic Ribbon
Ball: Cherish
Moves:
- Tail Glow (PP Maxed)
- Rest (PP Maxed)
- Ice Beam (PP Maxed)
- Surf
PKRS Healed
EV Trained fully in SP Atk and Speed
Nature: Timid
6 Flawless IV
Ability: Hydration
Fateful encounter from Sinnoh
Lv 100

Was this Pokémon RNG'd or hacked? It does look too good to be true.

It was possible to RNG 4th gen wondercards, and 6IV/Timid is valid. Nothing is illegal about it, however the wondercard is likely to have been injected.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
It was possible to RNG 4th gen wondercards, and 6IV/Timid is valid. Nothing is illegal about it, however the wondercard is likely to have been injected.

That's kind of sad if it was injected. :( I will ask the person who traded it to me where they got it, thank you for your help! :)

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Real quick, do you or anyone else have the list of natures that are valid for 6IV spread from 4th? I thought it was Adamant, Jolly, Timid and Modest but I'm not sure, so if anyone can confirm it would be appreciated!

(Also any information we have on IVs of Pokemon from 3rd gen. I haven't come across anything strange but just in case I'd like it for my records.)

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Real quick, do you or anyone else have the list of natures that are valid for 6IV spread from 4th? I thought it was Adamant, Jolly, Timid and Modest but I'm not sure, so if anyone can confirm it would be appreciated!

(Also any information we have on IVs of Pokemon from 3rd gen. I haven't come across anything strange but just in case I'd like it for my records.)
Timid, Modest, Calm, Docile

Here's some extra info on Gen 4's IVs :)

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Timid, Modest, Calm, Docile

Here's some extra info on Gen 4's IVs :)
Ooo, that is highly concerning. He seems to be talking about Legendaries here though, and mentions "If you have a 6 IV non-breedable from 3rd or 4th gen regions", so I'm wondering how it works with breedables. (ie. My Shiny Scizor is Adamant 6IV from 4th Gen but I was sure that was okay; I thought I saw another list somewhere but haven't been able to find it for ages.)

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Ooo, that is highly concerning. He seems to be talking about Legendaries here though, and mentions "If you have a 6 IV non-breedable from 3rd or 4th gen regions", so I'm wondering how it works with breedables. (ie. My Shiny Scizor is Adamant 6IV from 4th Gen but I was sure that was okay; I thought I saw another list somewhere but haven't been able to find it for ages.)

I think he meant that they are the most commonly hacked, because beforehand he doesn't exclude non-breedables
"If the Pokemon is from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh, it follows the quirky rules of the gen 3 and 4 RNG that absolutely refused to make a wide variety of IV combinations.

For 6 IV Pokemon from those four regions, the following are the only legal natures:
Timid
Modest
Calm
Docile"
I've seen pretty much the same info almost everywhere, here is another source. Was it the Scizor you've traded me? :o

Road

beyond salvation
Years
I think he meant that they are the most commonly hacked, because beforehand he doesn't exclude non-breedables
"If the Pokemon is from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh, it follows the quirky rules of the gen 3 and 4 RNG that absolutely refused to make a wide variety of IV combinations.

For 6 IV Pokemon from those four regions, the following are the only legal natures:
Timid
Modest
Calm
Docile"
I've seen pretty much the same info almost everywhere, here is another source. Was it the Scizor you've traded me? :o
See this still all says "caught" and doesn't state stuff about breeding, which I'm suspicious about, but it probably isn't that different so I guess I'll have to follow these rules. Siiiigh.

Yes that is the Scizor, so I guess I'll have to remove it, along with half my collection probably, so I'll conduct the checks and let you know what I find.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
See this still all says "caught" and doesn't state stuff about breeding, which I'm suspicious about, but it probably isn't that different so I guess I'll have to follow these rules. Siiiigh.

Yes that is the Scizor, so I guess I'll have to remove it, along with half my collection probably, so I'll conduct the checks and let you know what I find.

Hmm you're right, it does talk about wild Pokémon but not breeding. Maybe you're safe then? :/ I don't know, that's out of my knowledge, sorry :(

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
3rd and 4th gen games literally can not legitimately create any Pokemon whatsoever that is shiny, 6IV, and any nature that isn't those 4. Unless the Pokemon was shiny locked, such as the Crown Beasts wondercards.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Hmm you're right, it does talk about wild Pokémon but not breeding. Maybe you're safe then? :/ I don't know, that's out of my knowledge, sorry :(
No not at all! This is the frustration I've had for years and I might have to just go over to Smogon and ask them or something haha.

I'm mostly thinking of RNG, which so far I haven't found any listing of impossible nature or IV combos. I've read the DPPt / HGSS manipulation guide a million times, and on the hatching perfect Pokemon page it says:
"Whenever the Daycare Man has an Egg to receive, the nature, shininess, ability, and gender of the Pokemon are fixed and will not change until another Egg is generated. This is what hitting the first seed is for. The IVs of the Egg are generated upon receiving the Egg, and this is what hitting the second seed is for."

You can also see in Step 1 in the time finder that, even with the example parents they use that have not so great IVs, all of the IV listings in the time finder have flawless spreads. Then in Step 3, they are able to choose, in this case, Jolly-natured Shiny eggs. Then they set the first seed and go for the second (the IVs), and BAM, Jolly 6IV Shiny.

I'm thinking I might just have to try RNGing something myself to see if it works, to put this to rest. I do have all the 4th Gen games and while it's tough, it might be worth it to put it to rest. (Then I could just replace some things I have with these successful RNGs and then we know for sure there's no issues. @w@) I'll look into it over the weekend and see what I can do.

EDIT. @Keiran: So what's up with this guide? Am I reading it wrong or is it just not noting the locked natures??

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
No not at all! This is the frustration I've had for years and I might have to just go over to Smogon and ask them or something haha.

I'm mostly thinking of RNG, which so far I haven't found any listing of impossible nature or IV combos. I've read the DPPt / HGSS manipulation guide a million times, and on the hatching perfect Pokemon page it says:
"Whenever the Daycare Man has an Egg to receive, the nature, shininess, ability, and gender of the Pokemon are fixed and will not change until another Egg is generated. This is what hitting the first seed is for. The IVs of the Egg are generated upon receiving the Egg, and this is what hitting the second seed is for."

You can also see in Step 1 in the time finder that, even with the example parents they use that have not so great IVs, all of the IV listings in the time finder have flawless spreads. Then in Step 3, they are able to choose, in this case, Jolly-natured Shiny eggs. Then they set the first seed and go for the second (the IVs), and BAM, Jolly 6IV Shiny.

I'm thinking I might just have to try RNGing something myself to see if it works, to put this to rest. I do have all the 4th Gen games and while it's tough, it might be worth it to put it to rest. (Then I could just replace some things I have with these successful RNGs and then we know for sure there's no issues. @w@) I'll look into it over the weekend and see what I can do.

EDIT. @Keiran: So what's up with this guide? Am I reading it wrong or is it just not noting the locked natures??

I don't think you're understanding the guide correctly. In gens 3 and 4, shininess is tied to your Trainer ID and your Secret ID. The guide asks you to input both of these values in order to calculate what spreads your shiny possibly has. Notice it doesn't say Jolly 6IV.

Part 4 of the guide explains how TID/SID influences shiny values. See this sentence:

"This means if you wanted to capture a shiny Jolly 31/31/31/29/31/31 Rayquaza, if your ID/SID does not make the corresponding PID shiny, you will never be able to capture that shiny Rayquaza in your game without getting a new ID/SID."

If you have RNG Reporter, you can do a search for yourself and try and find a TID/SID combo that allows for a Jolly 6IV shiny, and you won't find one because of how the game generates seeds.

It's sort of confusing, and if you're not really interested in doing RNG yourself it's not really worth explaining because it's just a lot of work haha (sorry I don't mean to be rude! I will gladly go into more depth if you want!). But the guide does it pretty well, but in some parts it just assumes that you have a good understanding of how the game generates frames/stuff.

Long story short: if you want shinies with a specific spread, you need to have a specific Trainer ID / Secret ID, which likely means you have to start over your game and play until you get to a certain point. I'm trying to RNG shiny legendaries in HGSS so I can have them with Kurt's Pokeballs, and yeah, I had to restart to get a TID that allows for shiniies with the correct IV spread and nature. I'm going to have to restart when I want to catch, for example, Kyogre with a Calm nature, because my current file only allows for Timid/Modest 6IV ones to be shiny.

Last edited:

Road

beyond salvation
Years
I don't think you're understanding the guide correctly. In gens 3 and 4, shininess is tied to your Trainer ID and your Secret ID. The guide asks you to input both of these values in order to calculate what spreads your shiny possibly has. Notice it doesn't say Jolly 6IV.

Part 4 of the guide explains how TID/SID influences shiny values. See this sentence:

"This means if you wanted to capture a shiny Jolly 31/31/31/29/31/31 Rayquaza, if your ID/SID does not make the corresponding PID shiny, you will never be able to capture that shiny Rayquaza in your game without getting a new ID/SID."

If you have RNG Reporter, you can do a search for yourself and try and find a TID/SID combo that allows for a Jolly 6IV shiny, and you won't find one because of how the game generates seeds.

It's sort of confusing, and if you're not really interested in doing RNG yourself it's not really worth explaining because it's just a lot of work haha (sorry I don't mean to be rude! I will gladly go into more depth if you want!). But the guide does it pretty well, but in some parts it just assumes that you have a good understanding of how the game generates frames/stuff.

Long story short: if you want shinies with a specific spread, you need to have a specific Trainer ID / Secret ID, which likely means you have to start over your game and play until you get to a certain point. I'm trying to RNG shiny legendaries in HGSS so I can have them with Kurt's Pokeballs, and yeah, I had to restart to get a TID that allows for shiniies with the correct IV spread and nature. I'm going to have to restart when I want to catch, for example, Kyogre with a Calm nature, because my current file only allows for Timid/Modest 6IV ones to be shiny.
Awesome, thanks for the explanation! This doesn't answer my question though. I knew about the PID/SID limitations before and understand pretty clearly now, but I'm concerned that you're examples are for stationary (and by extension wild) Pokemon. My question has been this whole time "How does this work for bred Pokemon?" That page you linked me to even says:

"Breeding is not affected that much by it because you can get any combination of IVs shiny."

Once again I ask if it's just not noting the locked natures or if this actually means that for bred Pokemon that any nature/IV combination is possible? I haven't read the full guide in a long time, is there maybe another section that mentions it?

I said in my last post I would do this RNG myself to prove it. I did RNG in 4th for Shinies and I did it via breeding, but never went for IVs since hitting those seeds seems like a nightmare. Absolutely go in-depth, I think I know enough to understand and it would help me to try on my own. Of course, I don't want to try if anyone can give me hard evidence for bred Pokemon also having the limitations, but so far no one has provided enough info on that front. Wishing I had tackled this at the time instead of waiting 8 years for this to be an old topic. >>

Years
hi, can someone help me checking this dude for me? i accidentally got it twice when i joined giveaway on smogon, but the normal version one.
here is the info:
Current name (Exactly as it appears): Porygon2
OT: Cisco
Trainer ID #:62280
Game used to obtain info: Moon
Location caught at: Kanto
Ball caught in: Pokeball
Level met or arrived at: Unknown
Level it is now: 50
Ability: Download
Nature: Calm
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Hidden Power type: Dark
Date Received: 28/4/2017
Shiny?: Yes
Ribbons (if applicable): N/A
IVs (if known): 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (if known): N/A
Current stats (if IVs and EVs are not both known): 160/90/110/125/126/80

Moves:
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunder wave
what makes me suspicious is the origin of the Pokemon which is Kanto. i haven't done any RNG so i'm not sure. is RNG in Leafgreen and Firered possible? cause it's from Kanto so i'm assuming it's coming from that game. note that it doesn't have any symbol including the gba symbol on it.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
hi, can someone help me checking this dude for me? i accidentally got it twice when i joined giveaway on smogon, but the normal version one.
here is the info:
Current name (Exactly as it appears): Porygon2
OT: Cisco
Trainer ID #:62280
Game used to obtain info: Moon
Location caught at: Kanto
Ball caught in: Pokeball
Level met or arrived at: Unknown
Level it is now: 50
Ability: Download
Nature: Calm
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Hidden Power type: Dark
Date Received: 28/4/2017
Shiny?: Yes
Ribbons (if applicable): N/A
IVs (if known): 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (if known): N/A
Current stats (if IVs and EVs are not both known): 160/90/110/125/126/80

Moves:
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunder wave
what makes me suspicious is the origin of the Pokemon which is Kanto. i haven't done any RNG so i'm not sure. is RNG in Leafgreen and Firered possible? cause it's from Kanto so i'm assuming it's coming from that game. note that it doesn't have any symbol including the gba symbol on it.
Quick Google search brought me to an old Smogon thread discussing it, saying it's possible but difficult. The list says Porygon was a Method 1 RNG which I'm pretty sure the "4 natures for 6IV" rule applies to hard and fast, so this would be fine since Calm is one of them. I think it's okay!

Flan

has the bird flu.
Years
  • Age 27
  • NYC
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
I recently got this ENG Ocean-Pattern Shiny Vivillon off a trader from Serebii's Discord chat. I'm not entirely sure of its legitimacy, so I'm hoping someone can help me with some insights here. I'm skeptical because of its rarity and because I've had bad experiences in the past trading in Serebii's WiFi IRC, but I haven't traded much on their Discord server before.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Road

beyond salvation
Years
I recently got this ENG Ocean-Pattern Shiny Vivillon off a trader from Serebii's Discord chat. I'm not entirely sure of its legitimacy, so I'm hoping someone can help me with some insights here. I'm skeptical because of its rarity and because I've had bad experiences in the past trading in Serebii's WiFi IRC, but I haven't traded much on their Discord server before.

Spoiler:
In general nothing stands out to me, and if this wasn't Vivillon I wouldn't give it a second look. However, seems your issue is with it's pattern, and for that I did a little research.

As we all know, Vivillon patterns are determined by the real-world geographical location set on your 3DS. According to the net, this can be set on your system, and then when you start your Pokemon game (like from the beginning, with a new file) it sets your location based on that. So, supposedly, you COULD reset your location and start a new file in order to get that pattern. Since you can also choose the language of the game, the SPA tag doesn't really worry me.

Seems like a lot of work, but would be worth it to get a rare Shiny like that, for some. I'm thinking this is what the person did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back