• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together: Get-Together 2019 - Event Hosts Wanted

Years
kitty was here|Janp too
The PokeCommunity Presents:
Get-Together 2019

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out that it's once again time for another cup of Get-Together. So dust off your old coat, find your pipe, polish your mustache and let's dive into this mysterious event. But if you have no clue about what is the Get-Together or how can you participate, read on! You'll need every drop of information you can gather.

What is the Get-Together?
The Get-Together is a yearly event in which members from all over the community gather to participate in various events! We usually come up with a theme, but it's all generally the same concept of the community "getting together" to participate in events and having fun!

Event Suggestion Signup
That all said, we're now opening sign-ups currently for Event Organizers, and Event Suggestions! Feel free to reply to this thread indicating your interest and what type of event you'd like to run. You're welcome to organise co-hosting events if more than one of you want to run the same event. We'll get back to you all as quick as we can to let you know if your event will be running.

The Detectives
1. Challenge Event (Janp + ddrox13)
2. CAH (Janp + co-host wanted)
3. Movie Nights (tokyodrift)
4. Who's That Pokémon (Cid)
4. VGM quiz (ddrox13)
5. Mario Kart (ddrox13)
6. Paint & Describe (Aldo)
7. Video Games Trivia (Corviknight + Juno)
8. Small Writing Competition (bobandbill + gimmepie)
9. Egg Swap (HeroLinik + Kip)
10. Arcade Event (Mewtwolover)
11. Mafia (UG mods)
12. Event
13. Event
Header image: x

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I wouldn't mind doing movie nights again. So sign me up!

Last edited:

Cid

Years
Ooh, I would like to run something like Who's That Pokémon! I remember having fun with that a few years back.

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
Interested in hosting a Paint & Describe, if doable!

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to dedicate myself to the GT this year due to studies, but if I can, I'd love to try! So I'll be back with a proper answer soon. <3

Ooh, I would like to run something like Who's That Pokémon! I remember having fun with that a few years back.

That's what I was thinking! So glad to see an interest in this. :)

I hosted WTP for Pokémon Trivia during 2018's Get-Together—you can check it out here and see what changes you'd make, or even reuse the CSS template! If you've got any ideas for the game, my partner Revise and I would love to hear them! :D

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
As the prophesy foretold, the VGM quiz will be returning and possibly the second edition of the Mario kart 8 event of doom

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
As always, I'm looking forward to participating in the Egg Swap. I think last year there was an arcade event as well that was pretty fun. I just really hope I see those two events.

If no one happens to decide to host the arcade event, I may be able to do it myself since it isn't too complex (don't hold me to that just yet though).

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Looking forward to my first Get Together in years! Egg Swap was always one of my favorite events so I'm really hoping we have one this year. Movie nights are always fun so excited thats already on the list! I have no time to host anything but will definitely participate in as many events as I can. :)

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I'm not sure what the UG mods have planned but wouldn't mind helping out with something mafia related, whether (co-)hosting a big game or running epicmafia sessions. If the latter would be good to have a couple other people on board to cover more timezones.

Years
Video Games Trivia host one of two letting you know that we will be hosting it again this year (either both me and Juno or just myself, but it's happening!) c:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I'd like to toss something in for VPP. Either do a Community Day raise or toss some out as prizes.

This could be the one we raise.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Would be up for hosting Egg Swap again.

what do you mean i only post here once a year you can't prove anything

Had a lot of fun doing it last year, I wanna help host the egg swap again.

I'd be up for that ^^

Years
I'm not sure what the UG mods have planned but wouldn't mind helping out with something mafia related, whether (co-)hosting a big game or running epicmafia sessions. If the latter would be good to have a couple other people on board to cover more timezones.

We're planning on continuing the tradition of UG mods running something mafia. We probably won't need any extra help with there being four of us but we'll let you know if anything comes up!

Happy to help with/host the annual Small Writing Competition.

^I can help with this again this year if it's wanted.

Cid

Years
I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to dedicate myself to the GT this year due to studies, but if I can, I'd love to try! So I'll be back with a proper answer soon. <3

That's what I was thinking! So glad to see an interest in this. :)

I hosted WTP for Pokémon Trivia during 2018's Get-Together—you can check it out here and see what changes you'd make, or even reuse the CSS template! If you've got any ideas for the game, my partner Revise and I would love to hear them! :D
Late reply but I will! :D

I appreciate all the expertise, and am totally open to co-hosting with you guys if you and Revise aren't busy. :) It's been a while since I've done stuff for PC, haha.

Back