• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Thanks you to, I thought it had something to do with changing the image too, but since it involves ASM...I might just give up, I don't know squat about ASM...

EDIT: Also I don't wanna change the sprite but I want to add that animation to another Trainer ID so I can keep both.

Last edited:

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Yea those are great ideas. but when we do change which sprite displays. how do we make it that we don't take out the elite four having the Mugshots when we want more people. i can't explain it quite properly but. if there were a way in a hex editor or something you could find the bytes of the champion or something and the bytes show the mugshot maybe we could transfer those bytes (copy them) over onto specific trainer classes? or are there no bytes at all for them or something ._.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yea those are great ideas. but when we do change which sprite displays. how do we make it that we don't take out the elite four having the Mugshots when we want more people. i can't explain it quite properly but. if there were a way in a hex editor or something you could find the bytes of the champion or something and the bytes show the mugshot maybe we could transfer those bytes (copy them) over onto specific trainer classes? or are there no bytes at all for them or something ._.

I'm taking a wild guess here, but like tyson confirmed, the mugshots should be directly related to some particular IDs.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Thanks, and yeah tainui we have to find a solution there has to be a way but we gotta figure out how the shots are connected to the trainer id.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
I have this map with a Pokecenter in it. When I look at this building on the map it looks fine. When I go into the Pokecenter, come out, and look at the building, it has 1 tile which is distorted. Help?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I have this map with a Pokecenter in it. When I look at this building on the map it looks fine. When I go into the Pokecenter, come out, and look at the building, it has 1 tile which is distorted. Help?

Distorted how? Which ROM are you using, and please upload a picture.

Sounds like you placed a tile over a place that needs to be blank for Door Animations in Block Editor. Cannot really tell unless you show a picture of the distortion.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years

Is your pokecenter a newly inserted one? Or did you insert a new door animation?

hi i'm new but i

i wanted to ask cause i'm new too using rom's what's the difference between
a sav file and a smg file. i went in too file then save game and saved in a slot but that was before a found out i coulde save in the game like it was a real game i want to kno cause i want to get rid of the save in the file tab but i don't want to lose the stuff i have so far.

also do i still need the winrar after i'v used it too open the game files or can i get rid of it now that i'v used it i dont want to take up unnessesary space on the comp as it's a laptop and not a tower.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Win-RAR is a very useful program to have, as MANY people on the internet, like to compress their IPS files in RAR format, which requires WinRAR... besides, it doesn't take up much space...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Win-RAR is a very useful program to have, as MANY people on the internet, like to compress their IPS files in RAR format, which requires WinRAR... besides, it doesn't take up much space...

You don't really need WinRAR, I actually prefer using 7-Zip.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years

You don't really need WinRAR, I actually prefer using 7-Zip.
^ Yeap, that, not only it's fast and recommended by certain files, but also denies that 'trial' message that WinRAR has (you know what I mean x_x)
i wanted to ask cause i'm new too using rom's what's the difference between
a sav file and a smg file. i went in too file then save game and saved in a slot but that was before a found out i coulde save in the game like it was a real game i want to kno cause i want to get rid of the save in the file tab but i don't want to lose the stuff i have so far.

also do i still need the winrar after i'v used it too open the game files or can i get rid of it now that i'v used it i dont want to take up unnessesary space on the comp as it's a laptop and not a tower.
If you have the .gba file you don't need the .rar file, except if you want it to be extracted again somewhere else (well, you have copy for that, anyway). As Omega said, though, it doesn't get up much disk space (err, right click+properties? check yourself)
The .smg file is a sound file, obviously, and the .sav file is again, obviously, your saved data stored. Saving in a slot won't make any difference, so you can stay as you are.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
They are both capable of extracting and compressing either format... there is no need to get 7zip if you already have WinRAR, and vice versa

Yeah, maybe. But 7-Zip is totally free (and open source too), and that's a bonus in my book.

The .smg file is a sound file, obviously...

Wait, sound file? Why would it be a sound? o.O"

Anyone know how to make a givepokemon script that forces the pokemon to be a certain sex?

There is none. Your best bet is ASM hacking.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Yeah, maybe. But 7-Zip is free (and open source too), and that's a bonus in my book.

Wait, sound file? Why would it be a sound? o.O"
Ehh, I don't really know, as I've never used that file on a rom, but I have used certain other .smg files that have videogame sounds and I browse them through inChorus.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
I have a question similar to the guy that was talking about the givepokemon script.

Is there a way for example I want the script to relise that if Im playing as a male than my starter should be male to or if Im a female it should be female to, is that possible or does it involve ASM?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Yeah, maybe. But 7-Zip is totally free (and open source too), and that's a bonus in my book.

WinRAR is free as well, since the trial message can be completely ignored. And most people could care less if it is open source or not, since most people can't even code programs.
So if he already has WinRAR there is no reason to switch, if he has 7zip, there is no reason to switch.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a question similar to the guy that was talking about the givepokemon script.

Is there a way for example I want the script to relise that if Im playing as a male than my starter should be male to or if Im a female it should be female to, is that possible or does it involve ASM?

It's possible, yeah. Through ASM hacking.

WinRAR is free as well, since the trial message can be completely ignored. And most people could care less if it is open source or not, since most people can't even code programs.
So if he already has WinRAR there is no reason to switch, if he has 7zip, there is no reason to switch.

Meh. Maybe, it's just me don't I don't like wasting time with trial messages. The fact 7-Zip is open source was enclosed in parenthesis, mind you.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I know it was, just saying.
And I never even see the trial message, since it doesn't pop up ever. (Especially when all you do is right-click extract a compressed file, it only pop's up when I open WinRAR itself)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back