Male
'cause it get cold like Minnesota
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
22,264 posts
14.4 Years
Are these real? https://imgur.com/a/gnwRfts
https://imgur.com/a/hB6RHzg
As far as I can tell from the photos you've provided, they all look real.

Do they have a significantly more plastic feel and sound to them than your other cards or do they feel and sound close to what your other cards sound like?
whoops

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
8,615 posts
8.2 Years
^Compare the feel and thickness to confirmed legit cards too.

Seen July 7th, 2019
Posted July 7th, 2019
2 posts
43 Days
Hi everyone,

I have just realized that I have a Hitmonlee, Fossil, non-holo, 1ste edition, 7/62, with a different background in my collection. It is blue, with yellow rings. Does anybody recognize this? Is it a misprint or just fake?
I would have liked to post a photo, but I first have to have made at least 5 posts.

Thank you in advance.

You can find a picture at: i.imgur.com and then /ODe7eov.jpg

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
8,615 posts
8.2 Years
Hi everyone,

I have just realized that I have a Hitmonlee, Fossil, non-holo, 1ste edition, 7/62, with a different background in my collection. It is blue, with yellow rings. Does anybody recognize this? Is it a misprint or just fake?
I would have liked to post a photo, but I first have to have made at least 5 posts.

Thank you in advance.

You can find a picture at: i.imgur.com and then /ODe7eov.jpg
Hey there! Just to let you know I merged your posts. :)

So, I'm not sure what to make of our Hitmonlee there, but I'm inclined to think it's a fake.

No Base Set, non-holo Hitmonlee has been reprinted, let alone with that kind of background on it, that I can find. And it looks to me like the perimeter of the image (of Hitmonlee and the background, I mean) doesn't actually line up with the card's border. If that makes sense. Hitmonlee's hand and foot seem to also have been cropped from, what I assume is, the original image. Overall the card just doesn't look right to me and I'm willing to bet you're dealing with a counterfeit. Still a neat find though!

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
8,615 posts
8.2 Years
I'll keep doing research because I specialize in pre e-series cards, but on initial inspection I just can't source it. Doesn't mean it wasn't released at some point though.

donavannj

Age 28
Male
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
22,264 posts
14.4 Years
I have legitimately never seen a Hitmonlee that looks like that. 7/62 is supposed to be the version with the holo background. No legitimate card I can think of has that background, error or otherwise. I'm 100% certain it's a counterfeit/fake/edit.
whoops

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
8,615 posts
8.2 Years
I cannot find anything about a Dark Gloom being released with a recolored border. I suspect what you have there is an unfortunate case of bleaching, either by sun or acids from cheap sleeves. The whole card appears to be washed out, not just the border (though the yellows seem to be most affected in your case). I'd move any cards you have from similar sleeves, or relocate the binder all together, if you don't want that happened to your other cards as well.

Here's an example of what bleaching can look like:
Spoiler:

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
8,615 posts
8.2 Years
I dunno, I see the whole card as being quite washed out from the original. But that could also be the lighting in the original picture.
Spoiler:

All I know is that there was never a Dark Gloom released with an alternate border color, so I'm hard pressed to say there's another alternative besides bleaching (selective or unintentional). But I'll keep searching. :)

icycatelf

Fake Card Artist

Age 29
Male
Kentucky
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,333 posts
14.5 Years
If the greysih border was a result of bleaching, wouldn't the yellow pigments in Gloom's "hair" have the same discoloration?

Since "blank" cards still have the yellow border, I'm under the impression that these are printed separately from the rest of the card. My guess is that they were running low on ink when they printed the border for this card. Pretty neat if it's legit!

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200 • deviantARTGaiaOnline

donavannj

Age 28
Male
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
22,264 posts
14.4 Years
I'm looking to buy a mint version of this card but it seems to be a very hard to find one... here's the only one for sale, and it looks a tad rough...

Does anybody have a copy they wanna sell, or is there any more information out there on this card? I looked it up and one site was selling bras!
The Japanese copy? Your best bet is a site like Yahoo Japan.

That said, we do not permit the buying or selling of Pokemon cards through PokeCommunity currently.
whoops
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
3 posts
34 Days
Hippopotas from the rising rivals set, looks 99% similar to the ones I've seen online. The description is the only thing that's off, so far. It reads as follows, "It shuts it's nostrils tight then travels through sand as (if) walking. They from (form) colonies of around ten." The parenthesized information has been omitted and misspelled. I know it's a common, but it's a misprint or a fake. And I'm okay with either. 64/111

donavannj

Age 28
Male
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
22,264 posts
14.4 Years
Hippopotas from the rising rivals set, looks 99% similar to the ones I've seen online. The description is the only thing that's off, so far. It reads as follows, "It shuts it's nostrils tight then travels through sand as (if) walking. They from (form) colonies of around ten." The parenthesized information has been omitted and misspelled. I know it's a common, but it's a misprint or a fake. And I'm okay with either. 64/111
Got a photo you can upload as an attachment? Typos in the flavor text make me think it's a fake.
whoops

donavannj

Age 28
Male
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
22,264 posts
14.4 Years
How should I go about posting the URL? Never done that. Just usually drag and drop. Never used a hosting site before. If I'm being honest.
If you click "Use Full Editor", there should be a paper clip button that brings up a dropdown menu where you can manage your attachments. You can then either drag them there or find them on your computer.
whoops
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
1 posts
33 Days
I have several holo rares, but I cant figure out the value. I've seen this card being sold for $100 up to $1000... I have had people tell me to get them graded... but I'm not sure, here's one card. Anyone help me figure out what the actual value is? Or the price range.
Male
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
748 posts
3.5 Years
I have several holo rares, but I cant figure out the value. I've seen this card being sold for $100 up to $1000... I have had people tell me to get them graded... but I'm not sure, here's one card. Anyone help me figure out what the actual value is? Or the price range.
PokeCommunity has a forum dedicated to the trading card game. You might have better luck finding what you need there.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14
IGN: Ken; Friend Code: 4656-9816-3746

My Dream Ball/Apricorn Ball/Non-Standard Poke Ball Pokemon:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IDz2Y3EspWl8SZPMFSw4CggaQIWrPamIr-6vAWZFELg/edit?usp=sharing
PM me if you're interested in anything on the list, I'm always looking for stuff I don't have.

My Plaza Facilities:
Rare Kitchen *****, Big Dreams ****, Team Orange *****, Ghost's Den *****
Hoenn Tent *****, General Store *****, Treasure Hunt *****

Firebolt

Age 21
Male
The Land Down Under
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
554 posts
4 Years
Moderator Post
Snip
Moved your thread to the Pokemon Trading Card Game forum. You'll have much better luck here! Remember to familiarise yourself with the rules though.

donavannj

Age 28
Male
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
22,264 posts
14.4 Years
Base Set 2 Blastoise is what you have. In mint condition, it's usually about $20 ($19.87 being the market price on TCGPlayer right now), however, yours has noticeable edgewear on the bottom right. I'd say yours is worth somewhere between $10 and $15. This one is probably not worth getting graded.
whoops
Advertiser Content