• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] Showing off some Sappy skills(anyone can flex here too)

CyanSMP64

Furret
Years
I need...a little bit of help,
I tried porting the team galactic commander battle music from DPPt into a FIreRed rom hack (Pokémon Sinnoh legacy by Kearnseyboy6; music restoration in progress), the song loops on every track however after the first loop, two of the tracks (tracks 2 and 6) go silent when in game. Only the first loop sounds normal in game. Whole thing plays fine in Sappy
YouTube video link id: /watch?v=93wSaa7_Le4 with .s download in description (i could not link it because my account is too new to share links)

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
Years
I need...a little bit of help,
I tried porting the team galactic commander battle music from DPPt into a FIreRed rom hack (Pokémon Sinnoh legacy by Kearnseyboy6; music restoration in progress), the song loops on every track however after the first loop, two of the tracks (tracks 2 and 6) go silent when in game. Only the first loop sounds normal in game. Whole thing plays fine in Sappy
YouTube video link id: /watch?v=93wSaa7_Le4 with .s download in description (i could not link it because my account is too new to share links)

I've found out the problems in Tracks 2 and 6 which cause them to "not play" since the 2nd loop.

The bug arises when the first note since the start of the loop point lacks an explicit volume event. While Sappy will automatically fetch the last note volume event from the previous loop, the emulater fails to do so, causing the notes since this point to be muted (until the note with an explicit volume event).

Fix: Just add the note volume events to the lines as I show below.

Track 2:

Code:
@ 010   ----------------------------------------
galacommand_2_010:
	.byte	W96
@ 011   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 012   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 013   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 014   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 015   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 016   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 017   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 018   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 019   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 020   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 021   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 022   ----------------------------------------
	.byte		PAN   , c_v-17
	.byte		TIE   , Fn1  [B][COLOR="Red"]# Problem here, should be changed to "TIE , Fn1, v088"[/COLOR][/B]
	.byte	W96

Track 6:

Code:
@ 010   ----------------------------------------
galacommand_6_010:
	.byte		VOL   , 18*galacommand_mvl/mxv
	.byte	W96
@ 011   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 012   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 013   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 014   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 015   ----------------------------------------
	.byte	W96
@ 016   ----------------------------------------
	.byte		VOICE , 29
	.byte		VOL   , 35*galacommand_mvl/mxv
	.byte		BEND  , c_v+0
	.byte	W24
	.byte		PAN   , c_v+48
	.byte		N11   , As5 [B][COLOR="Red"]# Problem here, should be changed to "N11, As5, v088"[/COLOR][/B]
	.byte	W12
	.byte		PAN   , c_v+40
	.byte		N11   , Fn5 
	.byte	W12
	.byte		PAN   , c_v+24
	.byte		N11   , As5 
	.byte	W12
	.byte		PAN   , c_v+12
	.byte		N11   , Fn5 
	.byte	W12
	.byte		PAN   , c_v+0
	.byte		N11   , As5 
	.byte	W12
	.byte		PAN   , c_v-16
	.byte		N11   , Fn5 
	.byte	W12

Last edited:

CyanSMP64

Furret
Years
I've found out the problems in Tracks 2 and 6 which cause them to "not play" since the 2nd loop.

The bug arises when the first note since the start of the loop point lacks an explicit volume event. While Sappy will automatically fetch the last note volume event from the previous loop, the emulater fails to do so, causing the notes since this point to be muted (until the note with an explicit volume event).

It worked! Thank you for the help

Last edited:

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
I made another one:

Here's another. Because, why not? (Warning: Flashy Video? I guess)

Wow, I just can't stop can I?

Last edited:

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years

Mind if I give you some constructive criticism?
In the DDLC remix, I heard some crackles. I would turn down the volume on some tracks.
In poem shuffle, I heard a beeping sound. Indicating that there was a missing instrument. (Or if that was the drum track, try using timpani).
Other that, they sound good.

ps4star

WITH A ROLLING PIN!
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 3, 2020
Mind if I give you some constructive criticism?
In the DDLC remix, I heard some crackles. I would turn down the volume on some tracks.
In poem shuffle, I heard a beeping sound. Indicating that there was a missing instrument. (Or if that was the drum track, try using timpani).
Other that, they sound good.
Thanks for the feedback.
One of the instruments in Poem Shuffle is supposed to be a square synth, so it could be that you're hearing, but the drum track could also be playing invalid notes, because it's basically using garbage data (MuseScore thought the square synth track was actually a drum because of the soundfont I was using and so it gave it an ID of 0 when I exported the MIDI, but I thought it sounded good so I just duplicated the track, keeping one as the drums and making the other sound like how it was supposed to originally. That's why the drums don't really make sense at some points). I'll have to do some experimenting with that.
And yeah I probably should have lowered the volume for some of the tracks in the DDLC song lol. It didn't translate over so well from the MIDI.

Last edited:

SlowbroMusicyo

Kumquat
Years
Thanks for the feedback.
One of the instruments in Poem Shuffle is supposed to be a square synth, so it could be that you're hearing, but the drum track could also be playing invalid notes, because it's basically using garbage data (MuseScore thought the square synth track was actually a drum because of the soundfont I was using and so it gave it an ID of 0 when I exported the MIDI, but I thought it sounded good so I just duplicated the track, keeping one as the drums and making the other sound like how it was supposed to originally. That's why the drums don't really make sense at some points). I'll have to do some experimenting with that.
And yeah I probably should have lowered the volume for some of the tracks in the DDLC song lol. It didn't translate over so well from the MIDI.

Another thing I'd say is if you want to use a square synth, you probbly want to turn it down and do a pitch bend trick where you copy, paste the channel for the square, set it to Sawtooth in the midi and raise the pitch a little bit

Back