Advertiser Content
Female
Seen August 20th, 2018
Posted August 20th, 2018
6 posts
1.1 Years
IGNORE THIS THREAD I FOUND A TUTORIAL SORRY FOR MAKING THIS THREAD

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere, but if it has, I can't find it.

I am trying to add overworld sprites to Emerald for some pokemon that don't have them. I want them to appear on the overworld so the player can walk up to them and initiate a battle that way, rather than having them appear in the wild.

My question is, and again I apologize if it is a stupid question, but we all start out not knowing anything until we learn: In NSE, I can scroll through a list of 0 to 244 overworld sprites. Since I want the main emerald game to be intact (I am only adding a few new things to the game, not replacing anything that was already there), is it possible to add or create new sprites after that 244th one? Or do I have no choice but to look for rare or unused sprites in those that already exist, and only edit those?
Seen July 15th, 2019
Posted March 19th, 2019
202 posts
2 Years
You're better off using OWM anyways.
I'm still quite active, just not on Pokecommunity.

While Pokecommunity is still a great resource and discussion board for binary hacking, binary hacking is slowly but surely becoming irrelevant. If you are ready to jump ship and switch to pokeemerald some great places to try would be Silph Co. and the pret Discord. Happy hacking!

You can always reach out to me directly at hjk321#1337
Advertiser Content