Advertiser Content

Other .gba file not working in emulator

Started by PITink October 31st, 2018 7:03 PM
  • 347 views
  • 4 replies
Seen March 27th, 2019
Posted November 4th, 2018
7 posts
297 Days
Hey guys!
I have a new problem. Everytime I made a major change to my ROM, I saved the file differently. I have about 4 different files, which were all working in both the hacking tools and the emulator.
I just changed a bit of the tileset and messed up (it was just a small mistake and I already fixed it). I opened one of the earlier files in Advance Map and everything was working. But when I tried to open the file in the emulator, it just showed a white screen.
I tried the working (previously messed up) file again and it opened without problems. So I wanted to make a backup in case I mess up again. But when I copied the file, the copied game wasn't starting. No matter if I open and save it somewhere else or copy it into another directory, it just shows this white screen.
What can I do?

Swiftpixel890

Male
canada
Seen May 2nd, 2019
Posted November 2nd, 2018
2 posts
300 Days
what kind of rom is it? frlg or rse if it's rse try this Go to Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128k
and so if that works if you are using rse rom if you are using frlg then you prob mess up something that makes the game run or even start up you might want to redownload the roms if the thing keeps coming back and then start frash it's like what rom hackers say always backup your roms everytime you you work on it because some roms are not very stable when you mess around with it but that's all i have to say i'm someone else will have a better way of getting this fixed in no time
Seen March 27th, 2019
Posted November 4th, 2018
7 posts
297 Days
I "solved" the problem.
I copied the broken file to a USB-Stick and opened them in Advance Map on another PC. Then I saved the file and it was working again. I was able to copy the file as often as I wanted and it still worked. When I did the same on the first PC every copy was still broken...
I guess it's not completely solved, but it works for me
Advertiser Content