• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 2] Pokemon Crystal Random Team Playthrough

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2022
So yesterday I started my playthrough of Pokemon Crystal, where I play through the game using a randomly generated team. The team I got being Ditto (which I made my starter,) Jumpluff, Quagsire, Slowking, Bellossom & Flareon. All pokemon that have me very excited to try out, especially Jumpluff & Quagsire.

So started things off yesterday by acquiring my starter Ditto, which I named TRANSFORMR, then delivered pokemon egg to Elm from Mr. Pokemon, beat my rival (who I named Calvin,) caught a Hoppip on Route 31 (nicknamed Cotton,) took on Sprout Tower, then beat Falkner's gym, which I almost did lose my first attempt at the battle just because of my team only consisting of Ditto & Hoppip at the moment. Ditto makes things interesting with only having 5 pp on each move when it transforms, yet I love it, and Hoppip was fun to switch train for a bit until it learned tackle (had to do some struggle shenanigans against other wild hoppips when I was training up Hoppip to level 10.) Overall, team so far is doing fine, and when I continue most likely today, will aim to catch a Wooper on Route 32, which the Wooper will help out my team greatly, especially when fighting my rival again as my rival has Cyndaquil for starter.

Current Team:
Ditto (TRANSFORMR)
Transform

Hoppip (COTTON)
Tackle
Tail Whip
Synthesis
Poison Powder

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2022
Alright, got to the motivation of continuing after a bit of a rough day yesterday. So right after beating Falkner, I went and caught myself a Wooper, named DERPZ, and proceeded towards Azalea Town. Confronted Kurt, then went to Slowpoke Well to defeat Team Rocket, catching a Slowpoke called SMARTKING in the process, as well as Hoppip evolving into Skiploom. After Team Rocket was beat, I took on Bugsy, which was a little bit of a challenge, because the scyther fury cutter can hit hard, but with some Ditto transformation at the end, I managed to defeat Bugsy, earning my second badge. Then took on my rival, Calvin, who went down decently easy with combination of Ditto/Wooper/Slowpoke. Once I entered Ilex Forest, I worked on the goal of catching an Oddish first off, who I nicknamed ERIKA, then hounded around a Farfetch'd to get the Cut HM, and worked my way towards Goldenrod City, where I finally have a faster way of transport with the bike (playing gen 2 really makes me miss the running shoes.) Then did some battling in the underground, and trained team up for Whitney, which the Miltank proved to be a bit difficult with rollout, so i think I had like 3 or 4 pokemon faint, with me just scraping by with her gym, and after all that, my Wooper evolved into a Quagsire, alongside Oddish evolving into Gloom. My goal now is to head towards Ecruteak City to take on Morty, as well as trying to get Sun Stone in National Park.

Current Team:
Ditto (TRANFORMR)
Transform

Skiploom (COTTON)
Poison Powder
Synthesis
Tail Whip
Tackle

Gloom (ERIKA)
Absorb
Cut
Poison Powder
Stun Spore

Quagsire (DERPZ)
Water Gun
Tail Whip
Slam
Mud-Slap

Slowpoke (SMARTKING)
Confusion
Swift
Headbutt
Water Gun

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2022
Alright after a bit of a hiatus due to being busy, I finally got around to playing some more! To start things off, I made my way towards Ecruteak City, where nothing of importance happened. Then in Ecruteak, for starters I beat my rival in Burned Tower, then got surf HM, followed by beating Morty earning my 4th gym badge. With Morty beat, I also backtracked to get the proper items to evolve both Slowpoke to Slowking , and Gloom to Bellossom. As well as grabbing the gift Eevee from Bill, giving me my final team member. I then made my way towards Olivine, beating the lighthouse trainers quickly before I went to Cianwood City, where I beat Eusine, followed by Chuck. With my Skiploom evolving to Jumpluff in the process. Then grabbed the secretpotion for the sick Ampharos, and took on Jasmine, which Quagsire basically swept Jasmine. That was where I stopped for today, and as of right now, I would say Ditto is doing the least (sadly as it is my favorite pokemon,) and Quagsire is doing the most. My personal ranking of my team currently: Quagsire>Slowking>Jumpluff>Bellossom>Eevee>Ditto (Eevee might be little better when I can evolve it to Flareon.)

Current Team:
Ditto (TRANFORMR)
Transform

Jumpluff (COTTON)
Poison Powder
Synthesis
Leech Seed
Tackle

Bellossom (ERIKA)
Absorb
Cut
Acid
Stun Spore

Quagsire (DERPZ)
Surf
Ice Punch
Rock Smash
Earthquake

Slowking (SMARTKING)
Confusion
Strength
Headbutt
Surf

Eevee (BILL)
Tackle
Quick Attack
Sand-Attack
Bite

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2022
So I was working on finishing this when my game corrupted.... so unfortunately going to have to leave this one unfinished. I'll probably work on some of my bingo challenge things in near future, and then potentially come back to retry this random team in future.

Back