• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Hai to Gensou no Grimgar

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
Years
Well well well, episode 4 was quite something wasn't it? This anime continues to get better and better. I suspected something to happen but definitely not this... And that song at the end was perfect for the situation. Things have to take a really weird turn if this isn't going to be my favorite of the season alongside Ajin and Erased.

Mmm, I wonder... What was he going to say about Haruhiro...

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Hehe, that happens quite often in Animu, yes? :p The character you like getting shafted I mean lol.

Though I guess i can say I wasn't affected by this event as much as others were. I expected it to happen so the impact was lessened. Person was raising all the flags from the get go.

Did like how they handled it though. The scenes after THAT scene felt genuine. Even though I do feel that grimgar is going sorta overboard with insert songs in episode lol, it was still well done. The anger in MC's voice when he shouted "no thank you. We'll do it" was real. Anger and frustration. And that drawn out ending scene was nicely placed too.

Grimgar is a surprisingly good watch so far. Looking forward to how they deal with the aftereffects of this event.

Years
Well a lot of his flaws do get dragged out later on (Like really, healers don't tank in front lel) but for the rest of the team its a huge blow since they were so heavily emotionally dependent on him to plan and lead them.

Then again they did need this to happen to them since they barely won each fight anyway. Getting too overconfident in the future would have just resulted in a wipe.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
^ not to mention the complete lack of proper communication within the group

If an anime wants to win me over, having logical deaths that have good buildups is one surefire way to rope my interest in a while longer. :3

derozio

Years
^ not to mention the complete lack of proper communication within the group

If an anime wants to win me over, having logical deaths that have good buildups is one surefire way to rope my interest in a while longer. :3
The way things were going, what happened was just inevitable lol.

I'm loving this anime so much I can't even.
I've already said how much I adore the realistic side of the fantasy setting that this one is really efficient at portraying (relatively speaking, of course). But episode 5 just made me fall in love with it all over again. Previously, we saw someone die. We saw the characters grieve over their death. But that's about it.

This episode made us witness how those characters eventually felt the absence of the said character. We actually saw them feel it - how their team was now in shambles, how they couldn't mesh in properly with the new character, how they all felt slightly broken inside and how their communication was even more messed up than before - guys v girls, especially.

And that hug. Oh my fucking god. I don't even have any words to describe how unbelievably beautiful (and cute) that cuddle scene was. It felt really genuine. Their emotions oozed out of that sequence - their cries felt so painful and so real. Props to the voice actors for some fantastic work there. Can't compliment them enough for that. Even from a direction standpoint, while there were a few slightly questionable shots, it had a lot of well placed shots that went well with the somber atmosphere - the rain helped, too. The fact that this scene made those two characters in question feel like they've come closer together, and not just from a romantic standpoint but as comrades and friends who can share their pains in times of difficulty, makes it so much more meaningful, too.

There's another thing that needs to be talked about. Renji's gesture - the gold coin. It was probably just a way of letting our group know that he is trying to help by letting them have some "off time" in this time of grief - so that they won't have to worry about how they're supposed to survive another day while they are mourning the death of a friend. He was just being considerate, from what I saw. But that gesture was brushed aside. And I think that's for the better - Renji didn't mind and our group needs to learn to fend for themselves, too.

New character is interesting. She's definitely good looking and I can see her being paired up with Ranta in the future since she manages to shut Ranta down relatively easily. XD; Looking forward to seeing more of her in the future.

I'm loving the slow pacing, I'm loving the character interactions, I'm loving the visuals. This might become a favorite from this season for me.

Years
Renji's gold coin felt different in the LN. It felt like he was doing something like pity charity to homeless folks. They dismissed it because they felt that Renji was minimizing the hard times they lived through.

Then again if it was me I'd have taken it. Money is money lol even in a fantasy world.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
I like the new character and I expect them to finally learn some stuff especially about team tactics from her since she knows her capabilities as a priest. And she's the perfect counter to our impulsive Dark Knight xD

derozio

Years
I like the new character and I expect them to finally learn some stuff especially about team tactics from her since she knows her capabilities as a priest. And she's the perfect counter to our impulsive Dark Knight xD
Her interaction with Ranta stood out. She's the only person who could just make Ranta shut the hell up without lifting a finger. <3; Plus, as Haru noted, she's a beauty - her design is very appealing on the eyes not just for the characters but us viewers as well (at least it is for me, I suppose!). Her being knowledgeable and not careless just adds to her character, too. Here's to hope they eventually understand the importance of proper tactics and Mary fits better among them.

All in all, I can't wait to see more of her being involved with the team. Definitely bound to result in some interesting stuff down the line. <3; It seems almost obvious that she'd get paired up with Ranta if it ever comes to that but I've heard from some LN readers that the story might just turn out to be slightly unexpected. Hmm, I wonder how that'll turn out? :3

derozio

Years
Episode 6
Mary is love, Mary is life.

I love how the characters have changed over time. The big guy's stab at Ranta was nice to see after all the time he kept quiet all these episodes and the girls are finally seeming like they're a proper part of the group. The group discussing buying a helmet for the attacker dude was also really nice to see - they're actually talking sense now. And each of them offering to pitch in - d'aww moment right there. <3;

There's an inherent closeness to be seen in the group now as compared to how they were before. They're all a lot closer now. And Mary, despite being how she is, was still trying her best - she just fears becoming close with these people and getting hurt again. But she's still a sweet kid. Liked how she gave off slight hints of not being the cold person she seemed to be initially over the course of this episode. We knew way before we got her backstory that, yes, she's not the ice queen she lets people think she is and there's more to her than just her cold attitude.

Liked the changes they did to the opening, too. It feels slightly better than the old OP visuals to me personally. Less action and more characters. And since this show is about characters more than anything, that's a good move in my eyes. :3

All in all, this is turning out to be my favorite series of the season. I never expected it to make me like it this much. I'm genuinely excited for the upcoming content. And you can bet your ass I'm reading the LN once this season ends. <3

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Well, at least they didn't discriminate based on gender. =p
Damn straight.

Spoiler:

Haruhiro looking 😩👌💯

derozio

Years
All of them are looking great, tbh. Ranta, annoying as he is as a character, looked damn fine. XD; The girls looking hawt is a given but yeah. =p

3 more days to go till new episode is out. Can't wait. <3;

On an unrelated note, I see a lot of people online claim that "nothing has happened over the course of six episodes" and I'm like "dude, do you even get the point of the series?" This is NOT supposed to be the kind of series where events keep on happening every single second. It is supposed to be this way - a SOL-ish series set in a fantasy world with more emphasis on realism and day-to-day struggles rather than a more action oriented, fast paced anime. If anything, it is more character-driven rather than event-driven and the "lack of direction" is actually not a "flaw" because it isn't supposed to be how people are envisioning it to be.

I swear, I feel like bombarding people with tl;drs when they bring up this kind of an argument. But some people just don't understand. ;;

Idk, I'm just rambling now but this is easily a gem among all the relatively generic and sorta boring shows going on right now for me personally.

derozio

Years
tl;drs are not really advisable if you are trying to persuade someone =D

I'm aware. Plus, most that actually raise arguments like these are not worth the effort, anyway. So there's that, too.

Still can't help but feel that way, though. XD; I mean, people are talking shit about a series I really like - there's no way I won't feel like defending it. Especially if the points being raised aren't exactly aspects of the series that I'd personally call its flaws.

Years
Very interesting premise. Art also looks good. Best thing, it's on TV too (although the timings are not so good)

derozio

Years
^ more like the episode wrapped up the first arc. Looks like this arc you're talking about starts next week.

Latest episode's two halves were different as night and day. First half was kinetic and full of energy - not one dull moment during the fight at all. I felt like it was handled really well - the fight itself didn't flow very well and had some off-model moments afaik but was fun, nevertheless. THAT moment definitely had me feeling anxious but I'm glad things turned out well in the end. <3;

Second half was slow. Like, slow even by Grimgar's standards. Not that I dislike slow pacing but...damn. XD; With the arc wrapped up, I thought we'd get some new stuff - action paced stuff, perhaps. But going by the title of the next episode, I can assume it to be another chill episode. Don't mind that, really. Has been a chill ride so far. 4 more episodes of the same won't hurt its standing in my eyes. :3

Back