• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
So, Pokefan leaked:
Spoiler:

Best keep this spoiled since it's not in dub

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So, Pokefan leaked:
Spoiler:

Best keep this spoiled since it's not in dub
I wasn't expecting one of those, but it does make sense and matches Gladion's Personality.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Looks like I will be right with my prediction of Ash's Rockruff evolving into Midday Form Lycanroc. It's clearly the more popular Lycanroc form, so it makes sense the writers hand it over to Ash.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It's also the Lycanroc that's more Ash's style. I can't see him having a nighttime Lycanroc at all tbh.

Years
It's also the Lycanroc that's more Ash's style. I can't see him having a nighttime Lycanroc at all tbh.

Especially because Midday Form is the more "natural" evolution. I can really only see Midnight Form as something associated with the bad guys.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Gladion not having Type: Null is weird but I guess since it's a more special Pokemon, it gets it own spotlight? Maybe Gladion captures it in an episode in the future on-screen?

Years
Well, to be fair, special Pokemon seem to be treated on a similar level to legendaries. So maybe we'll see Type: Null and Silvally appear, just not owned by Gladion. My guess is they'll be reserved for a movie, and probably the Ultra Beasts as well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Either it will be reserved for a movie or he will obtain it some other way depending on his development.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Gladion not having Type: Null is weird but I guess since it's a more special Pokemon, it gets it own spotlight? Maybe Gladion captures it in an episode in the future on-screen?

It may be possible that he already has it, but doesn't use it. I am sure they wouldn't deprive Gladion of his signature pokemon. They usually don't in most cases. If I remember correctly, he had a rough time bonding with Null in the game, but continued to use it. It wasn't until he met Hau and our character that he was starting to be a bit more confident in using it. In this case, Ash would be that character.

It is possible that he fears that Null would be out of control, so he doesn't use it right now.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
SM026 spoiler

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
SM026 spoiler

Spoiler:

Yeah I love the group. I really can't wait to see the show in English!

Spoiler:

Years
Nice to see Sophocles be the first SM companion to catch a second Pokemon with that Charjabug. Now I just hope the others can get another Pokemon as well...

Hopefully Charjabug will evolve into Vikavolt at some point, to prove why Ash couldn't get it due to having a Pikachu that will never leave him. Let's basically admit that Ash will never be allowed to own another Electric-type out of the writers not wanting to overshadow Pikachu.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I personally hope Lana catches Dewpider/Araquanid, it might be able to help in her goal to travel the world in a big bubble.

Wishiwashi might make sense if she ends up taking a trial.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
So...

Am I the only one that has a bad feeling and/or am REALLY CONCERNED this Ash/Tapu Koko relationship may potentially lead to Ash possibly...

Spoiler:

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS PLEASE GOD NO.

The series would practically become unwatchable if that happens IMO.

Years
So...

Am I the only one that has a bad feeling and/or am REALLY CONCERNED this Ash/Tapu Koko relationship may potentially lead to Ash possibly...

Spoiler:

It would definitely not make sense since the Tapus are not exactly legendaries, but will likely get the same treatment as legendaries. Tapu Koko needs to guard Melemele, not let this trainer it recognized catch it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So...

Spoiler:

He isn't going to catch Tapu Koko. Not only is it basically a Legendary, but it also an Electric type. If he didn't catch Meloetta in Unova, he isn't going to catch Tapu Koko. I am calling the Tapus legends because they are similar to birds and they are unique and at the end of the Dex. And they are based on Tiki Gods, so to me, they are legendary pokemon.

Now he might team up with Tapu Koko at a later time against the Ultra Beasts, similar to how they handled the Lake Trio, but it is extremely unlikely he will catch Koko.

All the time in the anime, Ash either Teams up with legends or becomes friends with them, but he never catches them. Meloetta being the big one at the moment. We know Ash can command Latias, Latios, and Rayquaza and ride on Lugia. Even though they are movies, it shows the relationship between Ash and the Legends.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
I doubt Ash will catch a water type this time if he would it would have been a Wimpod. He didn't catch the one he tried to save, so I doubt he will catch one and the other water types don't fit him.

Years
I doubt Ash will catch a water type this time if he would it would have been a Wimpod. He didn't catch the one he tried to save, so I doubt he will catch one and the other water types don't fit him.

You do have a point, since he didn't catch any Grass-types.

Out of the possible Water-types in Alola, here's all the lines and which ones are out of contention.

Popplio line - Owned by Lana
Wishiwashi
Mareanie line - Owned by James
Dewpider line
Wimpod line
Pyukumuku

So basically, two lines are out of contention. Aside from Wimpod, I see Dewpider being the only other possibility for a Water-type Ash could catch. Pyukumuku can't attack directly which is unfitting with Ash's battling style, and Wishiwashi would be a Misty's Goldeen situation.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
You do have a point, since he didn't catch any Grass-types.

Out of the possible Water-types in Alola, here's all the lines and which ones are out of contention.

Popplio line - Owned by Lana
Wishiwashi
Mareanie line - Owned by James
Dewpider line
Wimpod line
Pyukumuku

So basically, two lines are out of contention. Aside from Wimpod, I see Dewpider being the only other possibility for a Water-type Ash could catch. Pyukumuku can't attack directly which is unfitting with Ash's battling style, and Wishiwashi would be a Misty's Goldeen situation.

Yes, Ash not catching any grass types in Kalos is another reason why I don't think he will catch any water types in Alola, forgot to mention it.

Like I said Ash had the chance to catch a Wimpod but he didn't take it.

Dewpider I don't see going to Ash, more to Lana.

All the other water types are out of question because of the reasons you mentioned.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I rather ash never gets another water type pokemon. After the ridiculous release of Greninja, he should stay away water types or stay away from water type starters in general. I swear if ash releases his pokemon again when he has a full team and no reserves then i am done. Goodra and greninja being release was a disgrace. Good thing ash lost the kalos league because that will be punishment for releasing two pokemon that did not need to be released.

Anyway i expect one starter fully evolved and perhaps Rockruff too.

Back