• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Nameless Pokémon Crystal hack (adds the seal beta Pokémon)

Eldaryon

Now the secret final Boss of every game you know.
Years
Hey guys!
Just as a test for my abilities (and as a little teaser), I'm releasing this little hack that adds one of the Beta Pokémons (it's the fire seal that I have dubbed Combustarie.)
It is fully animated by yours truly, and for this first version is only catch-able using cheat codes.
I will add more features with the time, and I will post my take on those forgotten wonders.

You can download the first version of the hack here.

Screenshots of changes

Info about the added Pokémon
Spoiler:

Upcoming Pokémon
Spoiler:

Upcoming Features
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I've been waiting for these ideas to start rolling in. Loving this one so far. :D
What did you use for your sprite editor?

Last edited:

Eldaryon

Years
I've been waiting for these ideas to start rolling in. Loving this one so far. :D
What did you use for your sprite editor?

Thanks dude :)
For your question, I'm using the Disassembly for Pokémon Crystal and Gimp.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Thanks dude :)
For your question, I'm using the Disassembly for Pokémon Crystal and Gimp.

I've thought about using disassembly for my next hack to add some of my own sprites. I just wonder about the difficulty since I'm pretty new to it. Is there a program made to use disassembly for Gold?
I'm looking forward to playing this hack when I get a chance! Keep up the good work.

Eldaryon

Years
It's not that hard as long as you're not scared of the command line and cygwin really, there is more than enough documentation available with the disassemblies to guide you through anything.
Gen 2 has an issue of not being able to add Pokémon, though.
You can look here for the disassembly too, it has info on how to get started.

zealot

The King of Fail
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
I'm glad someone is taking the initiative to add some of these pokemon! Wasn't the seal pokemon Water/Fire in the beta though? Or are you doing your own take on some of these?

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
It was definitely Fire/Water in the beta. I assume that Eldaryon missed that, seeing as it doesn't make sense to change it.

Back