• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cows. Cows everywhere.<< Harvest Moon Fan club >>.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Thank you Lisia to share this with us! :)

Is it the same ones who did a pokemon movie like this too?? (pokemon IRL, you must see it)

OMG 0:45 in the trailer, they put 3 games names together in two sentences, I love it!!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
And do you remember how far you where in the game? :)
I don't remember too much about ToTT, but I remember I was after Georgia. c: I was really close to marrying Renee in ToT, Celia in HMDS, and as mentioned I always married Ellie in FoMT (I always play as a boy even if there's an option to be a girl). I guess I have a type, I seem to like the brunettes most. :P They're always sweeties.

For those of you that played FoMT, did anyone ever buy that cottage in town? :o I never got any of the 'vacation' houses, which is the only thing I didn't accomplish in that game, I think. That and all the Jewels of Truth.

I saw this parody movie trailer for Harvest Moon and I thought you guys might like it. If this was an actual movie and had the entire cast of NPCs, I'd totally want to see it. xD

Aw, I loved that so much! I don't understand who the 'rival' guy was though - I thought he was Grey at first but it seemed like they just added a random rival to add more suspense to the trailer, which I didn't think was necessary. Other than that, it was amazing. ♥

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
(I always play as a boy even if there's an option to be a girl).
I choose girl but I prefer to play as a boy too!!

For those of you that played FoMT, did anyone ever buy that cottage in town? :o I never got any of the 'vacation' houses, which is the only thing I didn't accomplish in that game, I think. That and all the Jewels of Truth.
I think I was building a vacation house in my game!! Is there a beach one? I think I had it... Maybe I am just imagining that.

Aw, I loved that so much! I don't understand who the 'rival' guy was though - I thought he was Grey at first but it seemed like they just added a random rival to add more suspense to the trailer, which I didn't think was necessary. Other than that, it was amazing. ♥

If they put a rival... Why not Jamie ?? :o (from Magical Melody)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Yep, there was a beach house. :P Had to connect FoMT to AWL to get it, I believe.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I think I did!! It was a long time ago, I think I remember connecting my game with AWL with my cousin... (I didn't have a cable so someone must have been with me)

Years
Do you remember the farest you where in any HM game?

I think mine was in FoMT, I only missed two jewels of truth. Maybe something like year 4 ?
For AWL it was year 3 or 4 too.
And I think HM DS was like year 6
(these are my 3 favorite HM games)

I managed to beat the original SNES Harvest Moon, which ended about halfway through Year 3... and I also got the bad ending because I was dumb with my gold. Oh well.

And I never knew about the vacation homes in FoMT, though I just looked them up. I only have the PS2 version of AWL and never had nor really want a Gamecube, so I'll probably never get the seaside cottage, but the other two should be doable...after playing for a loooong time. Apparently one of them costs 100,000,000 gold and 999 pieces of wood to get and the other requires that you be married for 50 years to get it.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
the other requires that you be married for 50 years to get it.

Yup, I saw this too. That's a lot!!
I guess you can just befriend the Harvest Spirits, do them do some work on the farm (like take care of animals) and sleep through the game (take some time to give gifts to the harvest spirits).
Or sell all the animals and sleep through the game...

Years
Yup, I saw this too. That's a lot!!
I guess you can just befriend the Harvest Spirits, do them do some work on the farm (like take care of animals) and sleep through the game (take some time to give gifts to the harvest spirits).
Or sell all the animals and sleep through the game...
Oh my goodness can you imagine how the spouse character and child must feel? The main character essentially sleeping for 50 years... o.o

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Didn't see this group earlier!

Username: thedestinedblade
Favorite character: Yuri
Favorite HM game: Harvest Moon 64
3DS friend code: 4699-7980-8975
*Optional --> Are you playing an HM game these days? I did purchase The Lost Valley for the 3DS but it felt like a Harvest Moon game in name only. There's no town, only 3 marriage candidates, and the whole game feels like it lacks depth. It was pretty disappointing. -_- Luckily, Story of Seasons is only a month away, and that one looks great.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Didn't see this group earlier!

Username: thedestinedblade
Favorite character: Yuri
Favorite HM game: Harvest Moon 64
3DS friend code: 4699-7980-8975
*Optional --> Are you playing an HM game these days? I did purchase The Lost Valley for the 3DS but it felt like a Harvest Moon game in name only. There's no town, only 3 marriage candidates, and the whole game feels like it lacks depth. It was pretty disappointing. -_- Luckily, Story of Seasons is only a month away, and that one looks great.

Hello ^_^Better late than never!! :)

Oohhh HM64, a classic that I've never really played in depth (shame on me x.x ) It is my friend's favorite!! (and an all time love one I think).
And yes The Lost Valley don't really look like a .good. harvest moon game (but hey that's only my opinion!) I hope you'll have more fun with Story of season! ;)

How far are you in your game right now?

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
i think i didn't even answer the topic yet...
Do you remember the farthest you were in any HM game?
... to be honest whenever i started playing again after a long hiatus i wanted to start over again. so i don't think i ever got further in a HM game than year 2 or so, haha.
(and so, obviously i never got any of the vacation houses either)

i'm a huge perfectionist when it comes to HM; i always need to find ways to spend my energy in the most efficient way possible and make the most money cause else i feel like i'm missing out. how do you deal with this? specifically cause time goes so fast in FoMT! it'd take hours just for a trip downtown, and then there's still work to do at the farm. and honestly i think it's so tiring to have to gift everyone every day to get them to like you ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ i gave Gray an egg every day, but then of course i also wouldn't get the income from that egg... i don't know, i felt like i wasn't getting anywhere fast!
(this is really making me want to play again though haha!)

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I never felt like I neveer had time, and I loved to everything to have more money and to give gifts and fishing... But I was almost always mining and in the mine time os stopped. So a day was long :) (and that's do a lot fof money, when you go minning with the basket!)

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
true, in the mines days lasted forever, and you could make a lot of money out of that. though honestly i loved just doing work on the farm itself most, but to me it felt like the work on the farm is something you're supposed to leave to the harvest sprites while you yourself go off doing everything BUT farming.

i think, once i have a bit more time, i might play MFoMT again, but just in a relaxed way, and see how far i get. it's technically impossible to get stuck, and as long as you woo your favourite bachelor enough so they won't marry the rival, it's okay, right?

do love rivals actually still exist in the latest Harvest Moon games? cause they weren't there in ToTT if i remember correctly. it partly makes me sad if they aren't, but at the same time it does make the game more relaxed, haha!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years

do love rivals actually still exist in the latest Harvest Moon games? cause they weren't there in ToTT if i remember correctly. it partly makes me sad if they aren't, but at the same time it does make the game more relaxed, haha!

I am not that far in ANB, but I know in Animal Parade this is still there.
I love this feature! In Animal Parade they have children too. That's awesome.

Jayce

x-kid
Years
Hi okay so this thread looks kinda dead but I'm gonna sign up anyway in the hope that some people will come back, because Harvest Moon is my one true love.

Username: Jayce
Favorite character: Kurt. and Dia. and Gwen. I just thought that Save The Homeland (and thus Magical Melody) had the best characters.
Favorite HM game: A Wonderful Life and Save The Homeland. (:
3DS friend code: 3668-8123-7454
Are you playing an HM game these days? I've just recently restarted my ANB file, but I haven't made much progress yet. ^^; (I didn't make much progress on my old file, either. I'm too easily distracted recently.)

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
OMG! I had a Harvest Moon fan club here literally years ago now I think, so nice to see it come back!!

Username: Mochi
Fav Character: Karen / Gwen
Fav HM Game: FoMT / Save The Homeland
3DS Friend Code: 4725-8178-7078
Playing HM? YES! I'm taking a little mini-break from it but I have a save file for StH I'm trying to get all the endings for, I have A New Beginning that I play through on my 3DS, and I'm going to buy Story of Seasons at the end of this month /o/ I'm also debating on buying the special edition A Wonderful Life from the PSN Store since I recently found out it's on there for $10...

Jayce

x-kid
Years
OMG! I had a Harvest Moon fan club here literally years ago now I think, so nice to see it come back!!

Username: Mochi
Fav Character: Karen / Gwen
Fav HM Game: FoMT / Save The Homeland
3DS Friend Code: 4725-8178-7078
Playing HM? YES! I'm taking a little mini-break from it but I have a save file for StH I'm trying to get all the endings for, I have A New Beginning that I play through on my 3DS, and I'm going to buy Story of Seasons at the end of this month /o/ I'm also debating on buying the special edition A Wonderful Life from the PSN Store since I recently found out it's on there for $10...
Another STH fan! Yay. I never meet other people who loved that game, it's sad. I thought it had the best storyline and characters. I really wish I could still play, but I don't have a PS2 anymore. siigh. (I did for a while consider getting a PSP just so I could play the remake...)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Another STH fan! Yay. I never meet other people who loved that game, it's sad. I thought it had the best storyline and characters. I really wish I could still play, but I don't have a PS2 anymore. siigh. (I did for a while consider getting a PSP just so I could play the remake...)

It's definitely the biggest underdog of the series! It was my first so I'm particularly nostalgic with it and I do agree that it has the best (and most diverse) cast of characters! I'm so happy that my PS3 has backwards compatibility so that I can still play it - but I know it's on the PSN store for $10 as well! And I got a PSP to play Hero of Leaf Valley but I haven't played it yet, I've been a little intimidated by reviews saying it's one of the most difficult HM games haha....

Jayce

x-kid
Years
It's definitely the biggest underdog of the series! It was my first so I'm particularly nostalgic with it and I do agree that it has the best (and most diverse) cast of characters! I'm so happy that my PS3 has backwards compatibility so that I can still play it - but I know it's on the PSN store for $10 as well! And I got a PSP to play Hero of Leaf Valley but I haven't played it yet, I've been a little intimidated by reviews saying it's one of the most difficult HM games haha....
It was my first, too! That may be a big part of my love for it, haha. I really need to get a PS3 at some point. I hardly ever play console games nowadays.

Oh, I hadn't heard that. Is the story supposed to be difficult to get through or is it the gameplay, do you know? I didn't look at too many reviews, to be honest, I was already sold on it when I found out I could marry Gwen and watch rival heart events. I'm easy.

Back