• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Show Area Mapdisplay Name

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
Hello
I would like to use the Show Area funktion but on some maps only the wrong names become displayed.
I looked around how to fix that but i could'nt find anything.
Is there any possibility to change the displayed map name?

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I haven't encountered that problem myself. You did name your map correctly in RMXP and enabled ShowArea in the metadata for those maps in Debug mode, didn't you?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
Yeah i did but it shows the name of some testmaps that come with essential.
I named the map Route 1 but it displays Cendolan Gym.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
Nobody an idea how I could solve the problem?
Just found that the map on the Loading Screen is right.
But when you save it's the same wrong map as in the show area signpost.
Is there any possibility to change the map name? I renamed the map a few times in the RPG Maker but it does nothing.
Maybe I should create a new game and export the most of the data when no map names are set?

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
Years
Do you edit the metadata with the in-game editor or by editing the file directly?
And have you tried starting a new game save or have you just been using the same old save?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
I pasted the entire maps scripts etc. into a new projekt and now it works like it should...
But thanks for the help anyways :)

Back